IU cover - good or bad

kopfan

VCashCard can only be used for ERP. Cannot be used for carpark charges.

Good thing also because sometimes need to use complimentary parking tickets at the exit gantry.

↡ Advertisement

Oh, my stand is since 1997.  No cover lor.

The reason is simple.  Why cover when you have NOTHING to hide lor ?  So, there is a card in the IU and I am sure got good money.

Recently, I got another NEW reason : My friend got fined $70 for failing to pay ERP toll lor. 

Because he is driving a new car with new IU, with card and sufficient value.  Kenna lor

Why, the card wasn't fully inserted and the display and indicator are all blocked lor. He did nothing about it and LTA send samen lor.

It should beep and blink red ba ?  I never kenna before lor.

No. A long list of CP and hotel accept VCC lor.

According to Citi, it said, it will deduce by VCC and you scan you complimentry card it will REFUND you wor.

Big problem for me, I regret signing up. Like that deduce and refund, so I need to check my CC bill lor.

Wonder how to cancel the service ?  Cancel Citi Card ?

VCashCard can only be used for ERP. Cannot be used for carpark charges.

Good thing also because sometimes need to use complimentary parking tickets at the exit gantry.

According to Citi, it said, it will deduce by VCC and you scan you complimentry card it will REFUND you wor.

Big problem for me, I regret signing up. Like that deduce and refund, so I need to check my CC bill lor.

Wonder how to cancel the service ? Cancel Citi Card ?

vCashcard can be used for parking? That is new to me. Do you have the list to share?

According to Citi, they never provide the list, I think most likely Commerical Building & Hotel CP ba ...... Doubt URA or HDB join this scheme lor.

vCashcard can be used for parking? That is new to me. Do you have the list to share?

• Praise 1

According to Citi, they never provide the list, I think most likely Commerical Building & Hotel CP ba ...... Doubt URA or HDB join this scheme lor.

The last time i check VCC website, it says payment of parking charges is still work in progress. Maybe they have made progress on this.

Wonder how to cancel the service ? Cancel Citi Card ?

VCashCard can login to your account and remove the service

https://vcashcard.nets.com.sg/views/showlogin.action

When I collected my first car, my se asked if I want the cover.

I said no cos it's better to show there's no cash card there. Just need to make it a habit to insert and remove.

He said "Very good! U think like a thief...."

• Praise 1

I don't use it as I don't leave my card on the IU. I don't like the idea of not knowing whether the parking operator mistakenly deducts my cash, when I have season parking at home and at work.

don't top up too much.

just go minimum $20.

the cashcard will expire and there was once i was stuck in bedok mall and cant even find a store or atm to top up the card. end up had to call the security and wait at the exit , pay him cash and he manually open the barrier.

cashcard also will get lost or spoil. then the money might be gone.

your mscp sure have top up machine. use that when your values in card is less. but dont top up too much. not worth the risk

and I always remove the cash card 

only pass thru erp or exiting the car park then I slot in. Once beep, i remove and keep.

Only 2 instances u need to pay mah.. ERP and exit car park.

exit car park no need worry, no cash card, cannot go out anyway.

just remember ERP is important.

I don't know. Is it 'dangerous' to leave $50 value in cash card in your IU in today's context? I am quite sure if they break into a car, there is more money than the $50 cash card.

Maybe it is timely to consider cashless IU where you get billed via your credit card or already happening?

Just wondering if you are using an IU cover to conceal your cash card. I am not using one and while I am driving a friend's car that having the cover, I find it quite inconvenience.

1) can't see the deduction and remaining amount properly

2) can't remove the card easily

3) doesn't the cover hint that a card is in there?

I also don't use a cover for the exact same reasons. It's too much hassle for me. I do have virtual cash card also as there were multiple occasions when I use complimentary parking coupons just to forget to insert my cash card back and get fined at ERP gantries. 

Wonder how to cancel the service ?  Cancel Citi Card ?

Sorry what is the long list? I only see 3 shopping centres accepting it.