44 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Tell them go mcdonald work and ownself buy la

spoilt brat will not , some more only kid so parents and gramps are doting 1 

↡ Advertisement

45 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Tell them go mcdonald work and ownself buy la

That's what my parents told me.

End up, I supported myself through university doing part time :grin:

Kids these days expect parents to give them every cent until they graduated from university before they can start work.

What kind of joke is that.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I came from a not well to do family lah. I also don't wanna take money from them. Don't wanna add on to their burden.

非常董事的孩子👍

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Kids these days very different.

You don't give they tell you all their classmates have leh :psychotic:

But nowadays school canteen food also very ex. A lunch will easily cost $3 to $5 in my daughter JC.

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

That's what my parents told me.

End up, I supported myself through university doing part time :grin:

Kids these days expect parents to give them every cent until they graduated from university before they can start work.

What kind of joke is that.

This consider good liao lor. Some even continue to get pocket money from parents after starting to work. 

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Tohto said:

But nowadays school canteen food also very ex. A lunch will easily cost $3 to $5 in my daughter JC.

It doesn't help that now most food courts (canteens) inside higher learning institutions are run by consortium, the usual big boys, usual standard boring food at prices not much different in coffeshop/goodcourt outside.

57 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

It doesn't help that now most food courts (canteens) inside higher learning institutions are run by consortium, the usual big boys, usual standard boring food at prices not much different in coffeshop/goodcourt outside.

Yap. My daughter is complaining food is expensive and lousy.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Kids these days very different.

You don't give they tell you all their classmates have leh :psychotic:

I used to do that when I was a kid. Last time when everyone has kick scooter, I will cry for days just to make my father buy one for me.

Now think about it, I think he robbed someone just to get me a scooter. :grin:

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Tohto said:

非常董事的孩子👍

Life teaches us what we need to learn. I am not 董事 lah. hahaha. too much flattering! hahah.

Twincharged
On 10/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, Yewheng said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/10/amos-yee-grandpa/

I believe many people don't want Amos yee back sg.. But on the other hand.. Feel for his immediate family members.. Blood is thicker then water.. 

In that article.. Yee keep saying his grandparents are too backward looking and too old to understand. So that confirmed that he get brainwashed by western media on what freedom shit.. Then yee parents sent him money for past 3 years.. That's how he survived I presume.. So with parents still keep sending him money, how can he learnt? He might be thinking, life so good, stay in America got so much freedom and yet no need worry, got parents send me money to stay in America. Yes it is tough being on parents, but then what they do only spoil Amos yee even further. 

Like you said, blood is thicker than water ... But parents are usually the ones sacrificing.

Children can just get to learn the burden.

BUT !!

I look at my cousins and I shake head... Until my head want to drop off.

Mother did so much for them when they were little... Now all grown up, they only waiting to take care of the mother...............

's hdb flat.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I look at my cousins and I shake head... Until my head want to drop off.

Mother did so much for them when they were little... Now all grown up, they only waiting to take care of the mother...............

's hdb flat.

Maybe your cousins want to preserve the flat in memory of their mum? :grin:

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
20 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Maybe your cousins want to preserve the flat in memory of their mum? :grin:

Nope... Looking for a fast sale after they take over.... Coz they already have their own flats. 

Our school canteen food still consider cheap. If you go to other parts of the world it's cost even more. That's why you see on tv students and even regular workers pack their own lunch. Eating out is just too costly. Ppl here still want to implement minimum wage somemore. Confirm food prices will shoot up as per developed countries. Our children and students are fortunate for now. Still can enjoy cheap food.

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Nope... Looking for a fast sale after they take over.... Coz they already have their own flats. 

The flat must be really HUGE.

24891.jpg

Twincharged
27 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Your cousins so despo?

Take care of the mum first la.

One even wrote a letter to disown his own mother! 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1