Malaysia may stop eggs export to keep prices down

Staff69

With the current economic gloom in MY, i wont be surprise if they even start to limit kangkong......

Singapore has 'alternative sources' for eggs: AVA says after Malaysia warns may limit exports

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-eggs-singapore-imports-supply-shortage-ava-11029968

no scared no scared ... [laugh]

hopefully the price of eggs wont be affected......

In short, the cockerel will continue to do the wiggle wiggle week in week out, that is what thy are paid to do correct, who come first? Chicken or the egg ? Of course no cock no egg, only those responsible playing musical chair control the market demand & supply . . . what next is purely CNY must have . . . Prawn, fishes, white pomfret, Rabbit fish and fish maw.

Import from Nam Nam Inodnesia, Cambodia and HK lor, we won't suffer one bit 

If won't suffer one bit then why were we buying from MY in the first place?

Altruistic? 

If won't suffer one bit then why were we buying from MY in the first place?

Altruistic?

Import from other sources confirm np.

Wont have supply issue.

But i believe the our eggs price will rise even more

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/egg-prices-soar-singapore-malaysia-looks-limit-exports?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1544667792#xtor=CS1-2

Darn, price of cake, carrot cake, half boiled egg and etc that got egg as ingredient will increase soon. Haiz..

These coming few days better order a few more pieces of Egg Prata to makan before pricing increase :D

• Praise 2

Singapore's egg supply was disrupted in 2004 when the emergence of avian flu (H5N1) on a poultry farm in Kelantan resulted in the AVA imposing a ban on all poultry products from Malaysia.

Although there were alternative sources for import, these were more expensive and caused the price of eggs to rise sharply, spiking to 70 cents an egg at one point - almost three times the usual price at the time.

i think most of us still remember that case

• Praise 3

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/egg-prices-soar-singapore-malaysia-looks-limit-exports?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1544667792#xtor=CS1-2

Darn, price of cake, carrot cake, half boiled egg and etc that got egg as ingredient will increase soon. Haiz..

I used to buy eggs from NTUC and Giant but have switch to getting it from wet market. Vast savings .

10 large ones for 2.20 vs 2.90 from NTUC.

okay, maybe 70 cents not that much but need to go to the market either way, buying from the market makes sense.

• Praise 1

last week already increase by 10 cts (10 eggs), before this announcement.

Waiting for people who goodu enough to boycott the petrol brand for price increases like the eggs.

I used to buy eggs from NTUC and Giant but have switch to getting it from wet market. Vast savings .

10 large ones for 2.20 vs 2.90 from NTUC.

okay, maybe 70 cents not that much but need to go to the market either way, buying from the market makes sense.

Ntuc is not as cheap as many think
  • Praise 4

Ntuc is not as cheap as many think

ya, ntuc not so cheap cheap......but normally inside the packaging half will be 'fresh' and the half is old stock. I gave up on them nong nong time ago.....go wet market better! But a lot of ft likes ntuc.... Edited by Eviilusion