COE Bidding – 2nd Round of December 2018

Dilemma

Since Carbon82 is on leave. I will start the topic. 

My Guess is both cat drop 1 to 2k. 

Real Time COE Bidding Results

Check Your COE Bidding Status

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 1,890 0

B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1 1,243 0

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 333 0

D MOTORCYCLE 1 1,114 0

E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 545 0

Source: Land Transport Authority
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Since Carbon82 is on leave. I will start the topic.

My Guess is both cat drop 1 to 2k.

Real Time COE Bidding Results

Check Your COE Bidding Status

Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received

A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 1,890 0

B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1 1,243 0

C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 333 0

D MOTORCYCLE 1 1,114 0

E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 545 0

Source: Land Transport Authority

Wah good work. so many backup, much better redundancy than the COE bidding system itself .
  • Praise 1

Quota in dec is 3-4% more than nov. Will jan drop back to nov level?

The numbers dont tally with lta figures. Where do all these extra quota in dec come from?

• Praise 1

Quota in dec is 3-4% more than nov. Will jan drop back to nov level?

The numbers dont tally with lta figures. Where do all these extra quota in dec come from?

Unused quota from the last round.

Unused quota from the last round.

Sorry what is meant by unused quota? I thought every round the number of bids exceed the quota (except the $2 one).

And when exactly is this "last round", dec 1st bidding?

Edited by assiak71

Sorry what is meant by unused quota? I thought every round the number of bids exceed the quota (except the $2 one).

And when exactly is this "last round", dec 1st bidding? Or aug-oct

Not all quota is used up all the time.

Let's say

Quota is 1000

Number of bids 1001

999 bidders bid $10

2 bidders bid $9

Because quota is only 1000 they cannot give out two more at $9 cos that would mean 1001 & quota is only 1000

Result will be 999 successful bid at $10

Unused quota is 1 which will roll over to next bid meaning if the next round quota was slated to be 1000, it will now be 1000+1 or 1001.

Hope this helps

• Praise 7

Not all quota is used up all the time.

Let's say

Quota is 1000

Number of bids 1001

999 bidders bid $10

2 bidders bid $9

Because quota is only 1000 they cannot give out two more at $9 cos that would mean 1001 & quota is only 1000

Result will be 999 successful bid at $10

Unused quota is 1 which will roll over to next bid meaning if the next round quota was slated to be 1000, it will now be 1000+1 or 1001.

Hope this helps

Oh i see.

Is the quota for each bidding round thus = lta average monthly quota + unused quota from prev round?

Where does one see the unused quota after every bidding? Or is it undisclosed until the next round opens?

Thanks.

Two more bids before motorshow. Are people waiting to go motorshow for a better deal?

I for one am waiting for motorshow before commiting . Wanted to see some new models
  • Praise 1

Oh i see.

Is the quota for each bidding round thus = lta average monthly quota + unused quota from prev round?

Where does one see the unused quota after every bidding? Or is it undisclosed until the next round opens?

Thanks.

Yes to part one (partly). It's not average monthly quota plus unused quota from previous round. It's average monthly quota / 2 plus unused quota from previous round. Don't forget each month has two bidding cycles.

Second part it's available. When bidding closes it will show success full bids, unsuccessful bids and unused bids. These unused bids are the unused quota for rollover to neXT round.

Yes to part one (partly). It's not average monthly quota plus unused quota from previous round. It's average monthly quota / 2 plus unused quota from previous round. Don't forget each month has two bidding cycles.

Second part it's available. When bidding closes it will show success full bids, unsuccessful bids and unused bids. These unused bids are the unused quota for rollover to neXT round.

Oh yes. I finally understand now. Except i cant seem to find the unused figure for 1st bidding now... thanks!

Edit

The carry forward is to corresponding round in next month

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/vehicle-quota-system/certificate-of-entitlement-coe.html

The remaining 1 unallocated COE Quota will be carried forward to the next corresponding COE bidding exercise in the following month (i.e. 2nd COE Open Bidding Exercise in month (N+1).

Where can one find the unused/unallocated history? Eg for dec 2nd bidding, refer to nov 2nd bidding unused. For jan 1st bidding, refer to dec 1st bidding unused.

Edited by assiak71
  • Praise 1

Oh yes. I finally understand now. Except i cant seem to find the unused figure for 1st bidding now... thanks!

Edit

The carry forward is to corresponding round in next month

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/vehicle-quota-system/certificate-of-entitlement-coe.html

The remaining 1 unallocated COE Quota will be carried forward to the next corresponding COE bidding exercise in the following month (i.e. 2nd COE Open Bidding Exercise in month (N+1).

Where can one find the unused/unallocated history? Eg for dec 2nd bidding, refer to nov 2nd bidding unused. For jan 1st bidding, refer to dec 1st bidding unused.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/COE_Result_2015_2018.pdf

Saw that and thought it isnt there. On closer look it is there.

Unused = quota - successful bids

Thanks!

yup and it seems the odd logic is that, it is carried over the following month and the same bidding. meaning that unused quota from 1st bidding of Nov 2018 is carried over to 1st dec 2018 and not to 2nd bidding of nov 2018. unless i'm mistaken in reading how it is allocated.

↡ Advertisement