COE Bidding – 2nd Round of December 2018

Dilemma

$20k+ Cat A COE is quite difficult to believe just a few years ago. Many are waiting for this moment to change cars.

It is a bit strange that I don't see many SMA to SMG cars on the road. Most are still SK_ to SL_.

I see quite a number of SMA and SMC registered cars. 

↡ Advertisement

there are 600,000 cars on the road, SK_ and SL_ make up about 530,000, the other 70,000 are SMA - SMG, by proportion, you would see 8 to 9 SK/SL car before you would  see 1 SMX car. 

who you get the numbers from? [confused]

There are also many other renewed-COE cars before SLx on the road leh

Does this date also refer to the deregistration date of old car, assuming existing owner? If so it is earlier than i expected. Thought SMG is in nov.

The month should be registration of the new car.  It is possibly based on inspection month since my current car is actually 2 months+ later than the indicated month in the list.

who you get the numbers from? [confused]

There are also many other renewed-COE cars before SLx on the road leh

You are correct, what i quoted was just a rough proportion . I dont think the renew coe car is that many , can check from LTA website though.

Dun need to understand. U be surprise how rich sinkies are...for same "group" of cars, just trade in can buy and chooot 1 new car already bro, cash top up not a lot!!

Altis change altis, let's say $80k, only need $24k, push in 1 altis top up a bit cash...no need Bonus!!

Bmw merc all same, no cash can OVERTRADE hahahaha...easy easy..just u want to buy only!!!!

Ya man!! Dunno where all SM plate cars ,,..never see hahahah

Too new and raining season now, all keep the cars under shelter, do not want to feel heartache in case it rains.

a fren of mine bought K3 highest spec model at 92k

during this period

Price  of the new Cerato SX (K3 replacement - new model) sells for $86K now, a drop of $6K, although COE prices have dropped by $15K. The new Cerato SX OMV is also lower than the outgoing model – K3 SX .

So your friend has a better deal as his paper value is much higher which ensures higher resale value compared to someone who buys the new Cerato now at current low COE prices – as the savings from the low COE prices are not passed on to the consumer, ie. higher profit margin for Cycle & Carriage

Edited by Vinceng

Price  of the new Cerato SX (K3 replacement - new model) sells for $86K now, a drop of $6K, although COE prices have dropped by $15K. The new Cerato SX OMV is also lower than the outgoing model – K3 SX .

So your friend has a better deal as his paper value is much higher which ensures higher resale value compared to someone who buys the new Cerato now at current low COE prices – as the savings from the low COE prices are not passed on to the consumer, ie. higher profit margin for Cycle & Carriage

actually to pay 86k for a bnb kimchi car

is bo hua lo

I rather buy a civic

• Praise 2

Exactly around a year ago, all ADs were spreading fear of the new VES kicking in 1st January 2018. A year later, all car prices. Lesson learned - never trust these sales people.

To be fair, VES meant more cars had surcharges than rebates compared to CEVS n that meant more cars were indeed more ex all things being equal. But COE came down which meant overall prices came down and also ADs n PIs sourced for cars that were either neutral or with rebates like the Kia Stonic. ADs/PIs that couldn’t bring or possibly their parent didn’t have these kind of models like Regent Motor/Ford have practically nothing to sell.

An example of a car which actually costs more is Mz3 who now have a surcharge vs neutral previously. Price has come down recently cos of the drop in COE n also they clearing stock for the new model in next year so can’t say that SE lied or made up stories.

• Praise 4

I think they don't wait for bonuses to buy the car immediately. Cos unless you earn a lot, your bonus will barely make the deposit. Don't think it will hit the downpayment.

Someone who takes home $7k(after cpf) with 13th month plus one month bonus will only take home $14k extra which is only sufficient for deposit.

Unless the person has lots of savings or has earmarked all his bonus just for deposit for a new car, I don't think a person will purchase a car based on the simple fact that bonus has arrived.

So I think if demands goes up its because coe has gone down and people on the sidelines are rushing in. It's not because of bonus.

It might be different for motorbikes though.

My two cents.

that will give u good credit card rebates by swapping 14K and using points to get some items..

But must pay full when the bill is due, else the recurring charge is humongous. 

• Praise 1

spacer.gif11875_m.jpgspacer.gif

1.6 i-VTEC (A)

$87,999

price from sgcarmart

Civic price dropped until $88k? Whereas Cerato and avante higher spec already asking around $85k? No wonder you said bo hua to get a korean car?!  [:p]

The Korean cars have low OMV compared to Civic. The wiser choice is to get the CIVIC

Civic price dropped until $88k? Whereas Cerato and avante higher spec already asking around $85k? No wonder you said bo hua to get a korean car?!  [:p]

is bo hua lo

I rather buy a civic

Civic is now Thai made.. The made in Japan factor is gone. Only the turbo model is worthwhile for consideration
  • Praise 3

is bo hua lo

I rather buy a civic

If a person is willing to consider a 86k bnb kimchi, it means he is more features hungry ma

else if do a direct comparison, a mid tier Avante with more air bags and slightly more features still costs abt 10k less than the civic

• Praise 1