Singapore-allows-same-sex-fathers-adopt-their-surrogate-son

Playtime

1 hour ago, RadX said:

so you the bitch ah🤣

Please lah. So crude. 

Catcher is the preferred term. 😂😂😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Still perplexed why some people acting like this is a big deal. 

No reason to think that parents in a committed gay relationship cannot raise a child to similar, if not higher, standards than straight families. Natural or surrogate or adopted. 

I mean, we have parents who tell their children "around blacks never relax" (AMDK land) or "apu neh neh will get you" (Sinkie equivalent). We have parents that teach their children bigotry on so many levels, racial, national-origin and sexual orientation. We have parents that make their children's lives miserable if they come home with a partner of another race, and absolute hell if they come home with a partner of the same sex. 

All this is within the "norms" of parenting here. 

Give that very low standard, I'm sure this kid will almost certainly be better raised. 

Just because it's not something you're used to, doesn't mean it's bad. And just because it's something you're used to, doesn't mean it's not horrifically bad.

• Praise 5

23 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

No reason to think that parents in a committed gay relationship cannot raise a child to similar, if not higher, standards than straight families. Natural or surrogate or adopted. 

I mean, we have parents who tell their children "around blacks never relax" (AMDK land) or "apu neh neh will get you" (Sinkie equivalent). We have parents that teach their children bigotry on so many levels, racial, national-origin and sexual orientation. We have parents that make their children's lives miserable if they come home with a partner of another race, and absolute hell if they come home with a partner of the same sex. 

Give that very low standard, I'm sure this kid will almost certainly be better raised. 

Just because it's not something you're used to, doesn't mean it's bad. And just because it's something you're used to, doesn't mean it's not horrifically bad.

I completely agree. 

:D

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

The child need go to school. He will have friend. He will have meet the teacher days. His birthday party. Etc etc.

I dun know, personally i think we are far from ready to accept this yet.

Maybe can work in some AM country

By "we" you mean "you" ? 

This type better? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scalded-boy-child-abuse-parents-jailed-father-caning-12927728

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I think what he mean is like for example, 

you, your wife and children are invited by the same gender parents with the adopted kid to their child bdae party. Let's say your kid and their kid are classmates and all of you went. Then at the party your kids start asking you questions about the same gender parents.They will be confused and ask a lot of questions simply because they are not used to seeing this type of family.

How are you going to tell your children? The question is are your children ready for what you are going to tell them?? They may be shocked by what you tell them.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

i not questioning both guys ability to take care of the kid.

rather the unwanted attention the kid might receive for example, when both parents go to school, and his class mate saw both is parents is a guys. how will it turn out??

i seriously dun know. 

I support all these more sex couple.

Any good looking lesbian couples want to have a child I am willing to be the sperm donor.

I will even help fertilize the egg using traditional natural methods.

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Porker said:

@Turboflat4 and myself have already adopted a bastid son a long time ago. His name is @RadX

Before I have a chance to post this, u self confess :D

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I cant get my head around the kid figuring out how his 'dads' satisfy their lust for each other. The examples you've mentioned are mild, it's an attitude that can be changed relatively easily. By contrast, this is a lifestyle, and an unnatural one. It's a no from me to normalise this. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Not to debate into 'same-sex' issues which is between 2 adults that may not concerns others with their own private life.

Did we consider for the baby/child? did the 'couple' consider if this child would be happy and feel OK to be different from other children? Is this a preferred arrangement for this child as compared to a 'normal' couple?  

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

i not questioning both guys ability to take care of the kid.

rather the unwanted attention the kid might receive for example, when both parents go to school, and his class mate saw both is parents is a guys. how will it turn out??

i seriously dun know. 

He can tell the other kids. My dads can beat the shit out of your dad. 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

I cant get my head around the kid figuring out how his 'dads' satisfy their lust for each other. The examples you've mentioned are mild, it's an attitude that can be changed relatively easily. By contrast, this is a lifestyle, and an unnatural one. It's a no from me to normalise this. 

I'm sorry but your post is quite rich in irony. 

The kid can't get his head around how his parents satisfy their lust for one another?! 😂

Is that seriously your question? 

If that's the case, how did your kid ever get his or her head around that one? Did your "the birds and the bees" talk encompass graphic visual aids or live demos? 🤣

Seriously, all kids need to know are:

1) their dads love each other very much

2) parents come in different sorts 

3) when they get older, fuller explanations can be given, which they can comfortably comprehend because of their maturity. 

Would your kid also not be able to get his /her head around a mixed race marriage? How about a couple adopting a kid of a different race? A lot of people may scoff at these comparisons, but keep in mind that not so long ago, many still considered these socially unacceptable. And sadly, quite a few still do. Society will change, and attitudes shift, children will learn to become comfortable with this, even if you're not. 

It is *your* bigoted opinion that this is unnatural. Marriages between any two consenting adults of any gender should be regarded as no more abnormal than mixed race marriages, surrogacy, adoption or assisted fertilisation. Because from some intolerant jerk's point of view, each and every one of those things can be unnatural. Even sex between married couples that doesn't involve strict missionary position intercourse without foreplay is regarded as unnatural by some crazies.

Your "no" is irrelevant to me and to society at large as it becomes more enlightened and accepting. You discomfiture, your "ick factor", and whether *you* personally find it acceptable by your own subjective moral compass or barometer shouldn't be the arbiters of what people do in their own private families. All that matters is everyone is healthy and happy, and that includes the kids (as I'm sure they will be in any stable monogamous union). 

• Praise 3

39 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

He can tell the other kids. My dads can beat the shit out of your dad. 

If both are mummies, how?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
29 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm sorry but your post is quite rich in irony. 

The kid can't get his head around how his parents satisfy their lust for one another?! 😂

Is that seriously your question? 

If that's the case, how did your kid ever get his or her head around that one? Did your "the birds and the bees" talk encompass graphic visual aids or live demos? 🤣

Seriously, all kids need to know are:

1) their dads love each other very much

2) parents come in different sorts 

3) when they get older, fuller explanations can be given, which they can comfortably comprehend because of their maturity. 

Would your kid also not be able to get his /her head around a mixed race marriage? How about a couple adopting a kid of a different race? A lot of people may scoff at these comparisons, but keep in mind that not so long ago, many still considered these socially unacceptable. And sadly, quite a few still do. Society will change, and attitudes shift, children will learn to become comfortable with this, even if you're not. 

It is *your* bigoted opinion that this is unnatural. Marriages between any two consenting adults of any gender should be regarded as no more abnormal than mixed race marriages, surrogacy, adoption or assisted fertilisation. Because from some intolerant jerk's point of view, each and every one of those things can be unnatural. Even sex between married couples that doesn't involve strict missionary position intercourse without foreplay is regarded as unnatural by some crazies.

Your "no" is irrelevant to me and to society at large as it becomes more enlightened and accepting. You discomfiture, your "ick factor", and whether *you* personally find it acceptable by your own subjective moral compass or barometer shouldn't be the arbiters of what people do in their own private families. All that matters is everyone is healthy and happy, and that includes the kids (as I'm sure they will be in any stable monogamous union). 

Mixed race marriage, surrogacy, adoption, assisted fertilisation, adopt a different race kid.... nothing unnatural about that, perfectly fine, biologically and psychologically.

Male-male marriage and sex... not natural from the same viewpoint.... suppose we could get past the health issues and ick factors for incestuous marriages or bestiality and all participants are happy.... where's the line?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Many people already cannot accept the idea of adoption. There is this generally acceptable notion that his/her child must come from his/her bloodline, his/her loins. My belief is that if a child is loved, and brought up happily and sensibly by any adults, that adult/s is his/her parent, regardless of blood relation. What good is blood relation if the parents do not love and care for their blood related children?

Therefore in this case, the acceptance by society at-large of a child belonging to and raised by a same-sex married couple will be further down the queue. The time of general acceptance will come, but probably not in my time.

• Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Mixed race marriage, surrogacy, adoption, assisted fertilisation, adopt a different race kid.... nothing unnatural about that, perfectly fine, biologically and psychologically.

Fine "biologically and psychologically" based on what? Your intimate knowledge of biology or psychology? 

Tell me what non-human animal species practises surrogacy or assisted fertilisation? On what natural basis can you claim they're "fine biologically"? 

Adoption - many animal species are more likely to eat the offspring of other animals (and in many cases even their own). Adoption is more common in domesticated animals, hardly what I'd consider highly representative of the natural order of things.

And many cultures (culture is related to group psychology) were very much opposed to any intimacy between racial groups till fairly recently. America had anti-miscegenation laws right up till 1967 when they were ruled unconstitutional. South Africa had apartheid laws illegalising race-mixing right up till the "enlightened" 90s. Don't even want to talk about Nazi Germany, which, while viewed as almost universally abhorrent now, still had widespread popular support for its policies in the period leading up to the second WW.

48 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Male-male marriage and sex... not natural from the same viewpoint.... suppose we could get past the health issues and ick factors for incestuous marriages or bestiality and all participants are happy.... where's the line?

Perhaps the line should be the ability to give valid consent to a private activity? 

Bestiality etc. are illegalised, just as child abuse is, because one party is incapable of demonstrating valid consent to the activity.

Consent itself is a tricky thing as the age where people are deemed capable of giving a valid consent to sexual activity varies widely. 16 year old girls in SG are considered capable of forming proper intent and giving valid consent to non-commercial sexual intercourse. You'd scandalise most Americans if you claimed that over there since they take their age of consent (18) as something sacrosanct and inviolable. So where do we draw the line even when it comes to something as simple as this? 

The point is: there is a lot of subjectivity to this. So we should just accept that people considered to be adult enough to consent to engage in sexual activity with consenting partners be allowed to do as they please. You don't need to know what goes on in someone else's bedroom, nor should you dictate it. As far as the health and happiness of children brought up in what you might consider "abnormal" (but still objectively stable) homes goes, perhaps spend more time worrying about your own kids than someone else's.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

Many people already cannot accept the idea of adoption. There is this generally acceptable notion that his/her child must come from his/her bloodline, his/her loins. My belief is that if a child is loved, and brought up happily and sensibly by any adults, that adult/s is his/her parent, regardless of blood relation. What good is blood relation if the parents do not love and care for their blood related children?

Therefore in this case, the acceptance by society at-large of a child belonging to and raised by a same-sex married couple will be further down the queue. The time of general acceptance will come, but probably not in my time.

I'm glad you sound open minded enough to at least accept the validity of my argument. But society is changing. Too fast for some, too slowly for others.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2