Delivery boy crash into 4 Ferraris in Taiwan

Thaiyotakamli

Is he going to pay with joss paper?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/taiwan-delivery-man-crash-4-ferraris-11042828

SINGAPORE: A Taiwanese delivery man who crashed his van into four Ferraris could face a six-figure repair bill, local media reported.

The 20-year-old, surnamed Lin, was delivering joss paper early on Sunday morning (Dec 16) in New Taipei's Shiding District when the accident happened, said Taiwan's Mirror Media.

The young man's family runs a joss paper business. The man was helping his mother with deliveries as she had taken ill that morning, TVBS reported.

Lin was driving at about 40kmh and was tired from delivering goods overnight, the police said. No one was injured.

The police also said that media coverage of the accident have garnered support from dozens of people, who have offered Lin financial help.

The four sports cars were among a fleet parked by the side of the road during a Ferrari car owners' meet-up.

According to Taiwanese media, the Nissan van crashed into a yellow Ferrari 488, a white Ferrari F12, a blue Ferrari and a red one.

The accident left the yellow Ferrari with a gash on its left and its side mirror knocked off - damage that TVBS said could cost more than TW$3.5 million (US$100,000) to repair.

The F12 suffered a large dent to its rear. The TV station estimated repairs for the F12 could cost up to TW$5 million (US$160,000).

The other two vehicles were not badly damaged. The owner of the red Ferrari has said he will not seek damages, a report said.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/taiwan-delivery-man-crash-4-ferraris-11042828

ferrari-accident-taiwan.jpg

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

The most important thing is

No one was injured. [thumbsup]

:D

The delivery boy parent could have died from heart attack

Tiagong insurance cover only 250K NTD

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

OK, I am grumbling... One of my pet peeve is with the failure to verify SIMPLE information by journalists / news agencies prior to publishing a news report.

ferrari-accident-taiwan.jpg

BIG BIG logo in this photo, and yet...

According to Taiwanese media, the Nissan van crashed into a yellow Ferrari 488, a white Ferrari F12, a blue Ferrari and a red one.

Please lah, it should be the Mitsubishi Freeca.
mitsubishi-freeca-1.jpg

mitsubishi-freeca-3.jpg

Back to the topic. I really appreciate our LTA's stand for making motor insurance mandatory for all vehicle owners, upon reading such news. Imagine face with a 6 - 7 digits repair cost, sell backside company/flat is also hard to make it, for a small business or average B&B car owner.  -_-
  • Praise 12

If I have millions and millions and millions of dollars.

If someone like a delivery boy hit my car. I'll not make him pay for the damages on my car. I'll just leave the car there and buy a new one.

And that is why, I can never have millions and millions and millions of dollars.

maybe he's not a licensed driver. It's not uncommon for unlicensed drivers to drive around at night.

Back to the topic. I really appreciate our LTA's stand for making motor insurance mandatory for all vehicle owners, upon reading such news. Imagine face with a 6 - 7 digits repair cost, sell backside company/flat is also hard to make it, for a small business or average B&B car owner.  -_-

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

If I have millions and millions and millions of dollars.

If someone like a delivery boy hit my car. I'll not make him pay for the damages on my car. I'll just leave the car there and buy a new one.

And that is why, I can never have millions and millions and millions of dollars.

And i believe their car is insured hence if i that rich will just pay premium ownself settle

heng not bmw

Because you are Admin at bmw forum mah  [lipsrsealed]  [rolleyes]

Just kidding bro  [laugh]

Even in sg our insurance might not adequate to cover over 500k damage lol

I remember there is a Vios race with the Lambo on expressway then banged onto the rear...policy only cover part of the bill not full too  [rolleyes]

Remember this?

I wonder how the Toyota guy paid.

Are you sure your 3rd party liability cover has cap?

In Singapore, most of the 3rd party liability cover is open ended.

Update: https://www.directasia.com/car-insurance/tpo/

Even Direct Asia is providing coverage up to 5m for 3rd party property damage in the case of 3rd party liability car insurance

Edited by Davidtch