Lorry altercation with cyclist at Pasir Ris

1fast1

The driver of the video can present this as an evidence for who started the incident first.

I think the lorry driver had quite a patience. Most likely is that the cyclist had punched his lorry that had tested the limits of the patience.

Good that now the cyclist knows there is a limit. By looking at his face can tell he has serious ego problem.
↡ Advertisement

Unfortunately in this case the lorry driver will suffer the consequences. 

He could have killed someone. 

However, this is extremely telling and representative of cyclist's attitude on the road these days. 

Want to use the road like any other road user, but want to have special privilege. 

Cannot get horned... who never tio horned before on the road?

Get horned break side mirror, hoot ppl, throw bicycle on bonnet, third finger. 

We have all seen the videos. 

Wanna share the road, take it like other road users. Getting horned part and parcel. 

• Praise 9

Sadly, the law didn't say so.

Anyway, Singapore is in a sad state now.

Cannot give & take 1.

The cyclist fired the first salvo.

Not Everytime the cyclist is right one.

This time, the cyclist is being the cb one.

• Praise 3

yah. Just be careful and considerate. at times also have to give way to car. Some cyclist just simply stick to the lane and refuse giving way, a few posts above is a very good example of a brainless cyclists.

You Brompton atas bike already, so expensive that it nearly gets NPC chief into the jail.

Heartened that you, as a cyclist as well, are impartial and not defending blindly cf others who defend regardless of what’s presented

It’s called feeling entitled and well, similar my previous post, I can only feel sympathy for the relatives or loved ones left behind!
  • Praise 3

Unfortunately in this case the lorry driver will suffer the consequences.

He could have killed someone.

However, this is extremely telling and representative of cyclist's attitude on the road these days.

Want to use the road like any other road user, but want to have special privilege.

Cannot get horned... who never tio horned before on the road?

Get horned break side mirror, hoot ppl, throw bicycle on bonnet, third finger.

We have all seen the videos.

Wanna share the road, take it like other road users. Getting horned part and parcel.

Exactly bro!

The law should relook the laws before vigilantism kicks in to a higher level

I know.

I didn't say cyclist is right.

It is even worse from the eye of law that lorry driver take this retaliatory manoeuvre.

It’s called feeling entitled and well, similar my previous post, I can only fell sympathy for the relatives or loved ones left behind!

Honestly, didn't most drivers feel entitled since they pay road tax?

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Exactly bro!

The law should relook the laws before vigilantism kicks in to a higher level

It is a similar discussion between tailgater & roadhogger.

Roadhogger play brake brake when kenna block.

i also animal lover, i love lamb, pig and chicken, last time i love turtle also. But i didnt anyhow catch them from the road lah. [laugh][laugh]

Hahhahhaha kns

Honestly, didn't most drivers feel entitled since they pay road tax?

Don’t obfuscate the situation and throw a red herring here

The entitled mentality comes from the fact that they know they are untouchable when the eyes of the law see it, thus can

Act tough.

It’s good to see more cases of taking cyclists to task for their aberrant behavior coming to light here and it should be the way. Does not mean you have the law behind you , you can act in any manner you please

On that note about give and take, kindly see your own posts here where you never cease to listen to others and always defend your words to the death. Walk the talk!

I choose not to engage with ignorance!

• Praise 3

It is a similar discussion between tailgater & roadhogger.

Roadhogger play brake brake when kenna block.

This one you bang, I bang

It's about doing the right thing at that moment. It's like walking on the pavement. If you like to walk in a slower pace it is all good. But if someone else is walking along the same path at a faster pace, then why make way and let that person pass. You can then continue with your own pace and that person can continue with his.

The cyclist is following the same start-stop road traffic pace. Moving to the side and let the lorry pass really doesn't impact him in any way at all. He just has to ease off his peddle, move to the side and that's it.

Everybody can continue with their journey. It's really poor situation awareness and not doing the right thing.

It is ok to be slow. But don't hold up other people. The same goes for walking on pavement, its the same on the road. Surely we don't need to be become a rule for people to have this kind of common sense?

Edited by Gizmore
  • Praise 28

Hahhahhaha kns

Don’t obfuscate the situation and throw a red herring here

The entitled mentality comes from the fact that they know they are untouchable when the eyes of the law see it, thus can

Act tough.

It’s good to see more cases of taking cyclists to task for their aberrant behavior coming to light here and it should be the way. Does not mean you have the law behind you , you can act in any manner you please

On that note about give and take, kindly see your own posts here where you never cease to listen to others and always defend your words to the death. Walk the talk!

I choose not to engage with ignorance!

It is stupid to act tough in the name of untouchable.  That's why i can talk to you here.

I always give way to motorist especially incompetent drivers.

Rather than shaming the cyclist, how come no one bother to make police report?

Singapore law don't condone vigilante act.

Edited by Davidtch

It is stupid to act tough in the name of untouchable.  That's why i can talk to you here.

I always give way to motorist especially incompetent drivers.

Rather than shaming the cyclist, how come no one bother to make police report?

Singapore law don't condone vigilante act.

you can choose to do what you want, and clearly if you choose not to see other's POV, so be it

That said, as much as @dach is an intolerant individual, there is no need to get personal and that warraants what is necessary

Know your place

• Praise 1

You need to read the law.  2 abreast is legal on this road.

Frankly...I think it is time for the relevant authority to review this stupid law of "2-abreast".

The stupid cyclist is just blocking the whole lane.

If the lorry driver did not stop the cyclist from running away after damaging his mirror, how to catch him later.

That bicycle doesn't have any "number-plate" for identification.

If the "e-scooter" going to have "number-plate", I don't see why these bicycles can be excused.

Authority should consider: 

Compulsory number-plate for bicycle operating on road.

Bicycle without number-plate please stay on footpath or PCN.

post-9664-0-16022900-1545537483.jpeg

• Praise 11

Frankly...I think it is time for the relevant authority to review this stupid law of "2-abreast".

If the lorry driver did not stop the cyclist from running away after damaging his mirror, how to catch him later.

If the "e-scooter" going to have "number-plate", I don't see why these bicycles can be excused.

concur and it is really time.  they should put a petition up and start relooking the law enacted

Here we go.. bicycle vs motorist... Who wrong who right? You decide!

The way I see it, the lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after the shock and lost of his mirror when the cyclist hammer him. The cyclist is the aggressor here.

Maybe it's one of the 2 breast uncle from the previous clip.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 12

The stupid law has been changed recently.  

It is no longer legal to cycle 2 abreast in Single lane road.  Operating bus lane is NOT a lane.

↡ Advertisement