Lorry altercation with cyclist at Pasir Ris

1fast1

When I ride, the moment I approach a filter lane like that and I need to go straight, I will stretch out my right hand to indicate to the drivers behind, please give way, I'm going straight.

Usually they will slow down and not cut in front of me to filter left.

I feel hand gestures like these is being courteous and drivers won't be that dulan when they see cyclists being courteous to them.

exactly [thumbsup]

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement

When I ride, the moment I approach a filter lane like that and I need to go straight, I will stretch out my right hand to indicate to the drivers behind, please give way, I'm going straight.

I feel hand gestures like these is being courteous and drivers won't be that dulan when they see cyclists being courteous to them.

That's what I thought any safe and considerate cyclist would do - sticking out 1 hand to indicate if they are keeping to the lane or turning left.

Frustrations and accidents happen often because drivers behind are not warned in advance of the intentions of riders (and drivers too).

We should introduce a friendly horn/beeping feature on cars lol, sometimes we want to just warn them but a loud horn inadvertently set things off. My previous mini can do a light tap on the horn which sounds okay but my current car can't do that (It comes with full Bmw in your face assshat features).

If I drive up behind clueless jaywalkers in my neighborhood who are literally walking in the middle of the road (neighborhood road) I would wind down my window and ask them politely to GTFOOTW, if I had horned them things would prob turned ugly so this way is better.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Unfortunately...too many stupid ppl in this island do not know what is “courtesy” and do not understand what is “be considerate”. If not this thread won’t go so many pages lo.

I think LTA will start collecting road tax and ERP charges for the cyclists in scenario 2 since they are taking up more spaces on the roads.

Shld start a COE cat for bicycles la. Haha...

• Praise 3

I avoid neighbourhoods pavements when I ride becuase way too many people

But when I pass by, I will go very slow. As slow as people walking

I don’t have a bell

But when they hear the bicycle tick tixk tick sound (I don’t know what makes that sound)

They give me way, I tell them: sorry ah, hehe

But I don’t zoom fast, I still go slowly becuase sure to have another chap in front

Heng Ponggol there the corney island and after corney island there the sandy path very nice

That is the sound of the one way bearing in the wheel hub. On my previous bike, i upgraded mine to silent hub. So no sound when pushing my bike or cruising without pedalling.

• Praise 1

I avoid neighbourhoods pavements when I ride becuase way too many people

But when I pass by, I will go very slow. As slow as people walking

I don’t have a bell

But when they hear the bicycle tick tixk tick sound (I don’t know what makes that sound)

They give me way, I tell them: sorry ah, hehe

But I don’t zoom fast, I still go slowly becuase sure to have another chap in front

Heng Ponggol there the corney island and after corney island there the sandy path very nice

Same same.

Treat others how you want others to treat you

We should introduce a friendly horn/beeping feature on cars lol, sometimes we want to just warn them but a loud horn inadvertently set things off. My previous mini can do a light tap on the horn which sounds okay but my current car can't do that (It comes with full Bmw in your face assshat features).

If I drive up behind clueless jaywalkers in my neighborhood who are literally walking in the middle of the road (neighborhood road) I would wind down my window and ask them politely to GTFOOTW, if I had horned them things would prob turned ugly so this way is better.

Friendly horn is two short beeps light taps

Warning urgent horn is two longer beeps firm taps

KNNCCB horn is one long beep followed by multiple short ones ending with long one

• Praise 8

I tried to do the two tap horn but the beemer for some reasons holds it longer than the mini  with the same technique, anyway I just use my voice lah later some aunty heart attack or amdk not happy also headache  [bounce1]

My car color makes my ride very 明显 which house its from. I dun need some bugger throwing eggs at the house  [laugh]

Same same.
Treat others how you want others to treat you

Friendly horn is two short beeps light taps
Warning urgent horn is two longer beeps firm taps
KNNCCB horn is one long beep followed by multiple short ones ending with long one

• Praise 1

Hearsay his name is now changed to Gavin Smith, from Eric Cheung (via Rick Chung). :a-fun:

How real is this person? :a-rip2:

Hahaha....maybe Gavin Smith is his AMDK tour de france competition name? You know, to blend in with the other AMDK during pretend playtime 

• Praise 4

Hearsay his name is now changed to Gavin Smith, from Eric Cheung (via Rick Chung). :a-fun:

How real is this person? :a-rip2:

wtf.

run road until like that ah.

i thought rick is the final 1.

funny still got ppl def his action,

when he is wack by the whole world who say he is wrong.

• Praise 1

wtf.

run road until like that ah.

i thought rick is the final 1.

funny still got ppl def his action,

when he is wack by the whole world who say he is wrong.

做贼心虚。

If he think he’s right, stand up for his actions.

• Praise 2