Is this the end of OFO too?! OFO shutting down!

Blueray

They collected $50 deposit from

so many people which is a huge some of money. then they use investor money to buy cheap bikes and throw around, now they take the deposit and the balance of investor money, pack up and go home to start up another bicycle laundry business.

It’s a scam in disguise to collect deposits from many users out there in such business models. Where are the law enforcers??
↡ Advertisement

I think its a dysfunctional. LTA should be merged with Traffic police under one roof.

Lets take the example. E Scooter and to a larger extend the E scooter as a mode of business to replace the OFO and Obike void.

If an accident occurs, it Traffic police. BUT if the E Scooter in question is lager then usual and non-compliant, its LTA.

TP will not request for LTA to seize the vehicle.

Added to that, my kid been telling me stuff that made me shock like vegetable.

As long as there is an accident involve with E scooter, TP and LTA wash their hands. Vehicle (cars and bike ) has insurance, so TP suggest you take it up with the insurance. Else the legal route is via private suit.

So, as long as no ones dies, and you happy happy crash into a car on e-scooter, you literally get away with murder.

Same for those OFO bikes.

As I mention, all those that has the need to rent a bike or e-scooter should be mandatory to have a Highway code passed.

AT least, the user would be held accountable on the basic law of the road and there is no doubt that he or she is just a kid that is 18 and below and should have some room for ignorance.

Thanks but no, thanks.

Later we have to pay more money in order for the agency to be socially responsible. Mlmlwm.

If they chose to be the money collecting cold hearted agency, so be it. Don't expect them to give back to the society. That is not their purpose. Some minister of the relevant dept already mentioned it's "too onerous and too costly" for them to have PMD go thru registration and all. I can see why. To setup an entire dept just to monitor PMD is indeed not cost effective and the money collected will likely be too insignificant to pay for the manpower. It's not really their forte to collect small monies.

But they are doing something after ppl got seriously injured and some youngsters got runover by a trailer. Other than catching/forfeiting those using illegal devices they also deploy aux. police officers at traffic junction at peak hours. Not all junctions, not 24/7. I have noticed quite a few. You know. Better than nothing. I'm not expecting much. Anyway if ppl are not responsible themselves then it's better that they refrain from using such devices. Save everyone the trouble. Just do some walking. It's not just about basic road traffic rules ppl have to follow. The responsibility that comes with it is just as important.

Thanks but no, thanks.

Later we have to pay more money in order for the agency to be socially responsible. Mlmlwm.

If they chose to be the money collecting cold hearted agency, so be it. Don't expect them to give back to the society. That is not their purpose. Some minister of the relevant dept already mentioned it's "too onerous and too costly" for them to have PMD go thru registration and all. I can see why. To setup an entire dept just to monitor PMD is indeed not cost effective and the money collected will likely be too insignificant to pay for the manpower. It's not really their forte to collect small monies.

But they are doing something after ppl got seriously injured and some youngsters got runover by a trailer. Other than catching/forfeiting those using illegal devices they also deploy aux. police officers at traffic junction at peak hours. Not all junctions, not 24/7. I have noticed quite a few. You know. Better than nothing. I'm not expecting much. Anyway if ppl are not responsible themselves then it's better that they refrain from using such devices. Save everyone the trouble. Just do some walking. It's not just about basic road traffic rules ppl have to follow. The responsibility that comes with it is just as important.

In short, just ban all these PMD nuisances for good.

Cycle or learn to walk.

Thanks but no, thanks.

The next big thing is PMD rental, as well as multiple irresponsible riding and accidents.

There will be tons of situation where TP and LTA will just point to civil suit or cliam from thr car insurance.

Already Obike will be rename and going into the e scooter biz from what I know so far.

Like all the sub prime moving to China listed shares on the stock exchange with dubious reporting standard, we just have to see which authorities are taking a closer look at the events.

Subsequently, the finger will point to CPIB or CAD to police the whole situation I suppose and LTA and TP will just do the accident reporting 

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement