Do you trust the police?

Kusje

why would anybody ask if we trust the police?

In any organization there are a few black sheep but that does not mean everyone is bad

we go get a few deviant priest but that does not mean the religion is bad, so is about the suicide bombers but that does not mean again the religion is bad

generally,

if you a criminal do you expect the police to treat like some guest in a 6 star hotel and be given wet and hot towels to clean your hands to put the hand-cuffs on you

if you a law abiding citizens, the police don't bother you and you don't both them

if you a volunteer eg auxiliary police, they may treat you a bit like buddy buddy feel

realistic and meeting your expectations

technology is available you can buy a in-car camera to capture video of those who drew turtles on your car

honestly it would be very very difficult to locate the offender without going through CSI

then again if everyone got a small scratch or a tiny knock make police report and demanding the police to locate the offender, we may need a few hundred thousands of police working in this tiny island

sometimes small issues or being disadvantage just accept your bad luck and move on

why make yourself unhappy

already the offender happy to cause you trouble and you become unhappy makes the offender even more happy

give you an example 

moderator (specific roach catcher) ban a nice MCF member repeatedly because moderator jealous cannot re-incarnate to have more legs than the nice MCF member

for that if the nice MCF member become angry, he or she would only make the moderator reach NIVARNA. 

So why provide free pleasure right.

another eg

people buy expensive watches with high unreasonable markup, they literally feel proud paying such price because can show-off element

but these same people would kpkb about the market seller who sold him or her, a few grams short

proper perspective is needed

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

On 11/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, SuPerBoRed said:

why 1 stroke only? custodial whip? 

normal guy force a woman to perform sex act on him can get away with just 1 whip? .. police force a woman to perform sex act while abusing the authority given by police force...  how that is deemed a lesser act to punish is beyond me...  

He is going to stay in Changi for 12 months. Ex cop.  Think his days in there will be very difficult or maybe i watched too many Hollywood movies.  Will he be asked to service his cellmates?  

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:39 PM, Kusje said:
On 1/3/2019 at 8:45 PM, Sosaria said:

Did Wham state clearly that his reason for not signing is to ensure no future tampering? Seems like he did not give any justification for not signing, according to the article. Just says he wants a copy, and when not given, refused to sign.

Why does he need to give an excuse? He's not asking for confidential information. All he wants is a copy of a document that he is being forced to sign.

Not gonna disagree with you but one time I also believed in it.  It's not confidential info actually but the person turned around and gave the document to a newspaper reporter.  So was a  big hoo haa.

For this specific case I dunno what is the SOP but I also guess people are more cautious now because people like to take photos and put on Facebook. 

Not saying right or wrong.  No idea the SOP but years ago I was allowed to keep my copy of a police report when I reported regarding a spam SMS from a loanshark. So not sure why this case is different.   It is plausible they look at the person and decide it might be more troublesome to give the report.  But that is kind of unprofessional if that is the case cos it's not for the police to decide on this.

Edited by Philipkee

On 11/21/2019 at 2:10 PM, Ka_kia said:

My experience

1) Laminate shop destroy my transcript and no wana pay. Make police report and they kinda of mediate ask the shop compensate me. Like 10 yrs ago

2) Maid ride esccoter whack me on pavement, caused me to drop ph and crack. Hit n run, made police report. Only advise me to next time call police on the spot

3) Car tio deep scratch suspected vandalism, call police. They investigated for long and tell me cannot find

4) Car tio scratched again, make police report. Till now no hear from IO.

* When make report, dono is nsf or regular, the girl ans the phone call of another person who called in and seem very irritated and slam the ph loud loud.

Anyways. Is dono how their sop works and they no need jiao tai to citizen on their protocol ba.

Actually some of these polis try these kind of evasion mainly to avoid paperwork. If it's a minor case to them, no one wants to raise a finger, and no paperwork, no record, right? Don't blame them though, rot began with reduced manpower so of course they will devote their time to major things only. If you are a career polis, you also want to concentrate on big cases so that you score points, just like in any other job, not wasting time on investigating car scratcher, minor theft etc. right? Ugly truth.

But hardworking or lazy polis is very much the individual too. I had experience of losing a wallet which was found by somebody (no contact) and supposedly to be dropped off at a polis stn (address provided), but go there and the crew couldn't even give a definite answer about whether my item was received, just telling me SOP about how they deal with lost and found. They did not even suggest I make a police report in case the item really lost, or offer to call me if it is indeed passed to them later. Thankfully the lost wallet went to another stn and the helpful polis there straightaway call me up. Otherwise would have ended up at a major lost and found collection point elsewhere that I was told only open for enquiries on office hours! (It was a weekend, by the way) The more initiative polis saved me a lot of trouble by not having to call banks, cancel CC etc.

Obviously some join with ideals to serve the community, some for the salary and job security, and then there are even those that take advantage of their position. It's basically all types - just like any other job.

Edited by Sosaria

On 11/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, Philipkee said:

Not gonna disagree with you but one time I also believed in it.  It's not confidential info actually but the person turned around and gave the document to a newspaper reporter.  So was a  big hoo haa.

For this specific case I dunno what is the SOP but I also guess people are more cautious now because people like to take photos and put on Facebook. 

Not saying right or wrong.  No idea the SOP but years ago I was allowed to keep my copy of a police report when I reported regarding a spam SMS from a loanshark. So not sure why this case is different.   It is plausible they look at the person and decide it might be more troublesome to give the report.  But that is kind of unprofessional if that is the case cos it's not for the police to decide on this.

So what if the person gives it to a reporter?

What's in the report? Something the person purportedly said. Why can't i tell a report what I said to the police? Like you said, not confidential - and even if it is confidential, it is my confidence to keep.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Kusje said:

So what if the person gives it to a reporter?

What's in the report? Something the person purportedly said. Why can't i tell a report what I said to the police? Like you said, not confidential - and even if it is confidential, it is my confidence to keep.

My two cents.  Cos some information should remain confidential. Let me explain.

I tell the police I suspect A stole my bag.  Its documented in the report.  I get a copy.  Now i give it to a reporter or put on Facebook that i told the police A stole my bag.

What now happens is if the news goes out of control, it is very hard for the police to investigate A and in the event they found that A was actually innocent and published it, the public might not believe it and A still gets doxxed and harassed.

You might argue that is the public's problem  but you see, this is a problem in society today.  Some info is released, might not be complete info cos even in this case who can say the info given to the police was complete in the first place (people do lie in police reports), and the source lets public emotions do the rest.  And claim innocence because public emotional responses is not within his control.

So when I see people putting their police reports on Facebook or social media, I do wonder if this is setting a dangerous precedent. And a new method of harassment.  

Telling a reporter what you told the police and giving a copy of the statement are two different things.  You tell the reporter, you are the source.  You give the police report, there is an underlying assumption that the source is reliable and has been checked by the police for accuracy.  Of cos critical thinkers will know there is actually no difference.  But not all thinks that way.

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement