My 200km/h Crap Toyota Vios Sharing to Bros

KelvinAng_164458

I can live with the worn cloth seats, the left over crumps in the gaps of the interior, the scuffs and marks of interior and exterior of a rental.  :D

But... The basis of the car's drivetrain, suspension, weight and crosswind tolerance is same be it rental or not. 

Small light cars are meant for city limits driving. Not for long distance high speed highway driving for sure. 

never expect much from a rental car unless it is the newest in their fleet.....you know lar.......nobody take care of a rental vehicle and i think maintenance will be the last thing in their list of do's....

Took so long time to reach 200km/h.. Proberly that part of the highway is abit down slope and that help in getting up speed.

Anyway it really need a lot of concentration to drive at speed 180 and above for vios.. Coz it will be very floating and a slightest uneven road will cause vios to lose balance and may result in car losing control very easily.

need to be lowered with coilover and strengthened with bars, if not likely will lose control easily. 

I can live with the worn cloth seats, the left over crumps in the gaps of the interior, the scuffs and marks of interior and exterior of a rental. :D

But... The basis of the car's drivetrain, suspension, weight and crosswind tolerance is same be it rental or not.

Small light cars are meant for city limits driving. Not for long distance high speed highway driving for sure.

lucky not the smell of vomit....

Autobahn in yaris

Only in Singapore we are getting really tune down barebone ride

This is a limited run Yaris in Europe.

We don’t even have Yaris here.

Rented a yaris (run of mill version) in Melbourne for a day trip down to Philips Island.... Regret big time.... Though just me and my passenger (no luggage), the handling is vague, each turn is like trying to guess where the front wheels are. Going at 100kph already feel floaty... Not to mention when cross wind hits or when large trucks passes by... I was grabbing the steering wheels till my hands are numb fighting to counter steer....

In Aust, I only rent cars with 2L and above engine.

Boh lat how to overtake road train

Rented a yaris (run of mill version) in Melbourne for a day trip down to Philips Island.... Regret big time.... Though just me and my passenger (no luggage), the handling is vague, each turn is like trying to guess where the front wheels are. Going at 100kph already feel floaty... Not to mention when cross wind hits or when large trucks passes by... I was grabbing the steering wheels till my hands are numb fighting to counter steer....

Aust should try holden waging . Spacious and stable.

We donât even have Yaris here.

Can only drool at those car.

Turbocharged

We donât even have Yaris here.

Ya. Years back I rented and had fun with a 3 liter Mitsubishi magna.. don't know what's is equivalent here.

But of course.. Received a speeding letter from their TP about 2 weeks after I got home

Could well be the case. Also sat in a private yaris as passenger in Thailand from Bangkok to pattaya.... As passenger also same feeling. :D

lucky not the smell of vomit....

Turbocharged

I think I don't even dare to go above 160kph on NSHW. Lol not in that much of a rush anyway.

LOL... 160kmh is my internal biological speed limit anywhere.

even when i drove a friend's cayman as he was too hungover to drive safely from KL back to SG. Even filtered left and let express buses overtake me a few times to his horror. :D

Autobahn in yaris

Only in Singapore we are getting really tune down barebone ride

This are likely made in europe and europe tuned suspension.

Our are cheap tin can Asean version.

Could well be the case. Also sat in a private yaris as passenger in Thailand from Bangkok to pattaya.... As passenger also same feeling. :D

Yeah, for most of that trip, I was with a Holden commodore 3.6 v6.....went up to 13 apostle along the great ocean drive and back via the national park forested area.... Very smooth and stable with power on tap. But handling also ot as sharp..but better than the yaris.

Was driving a c350 back home then.

Maybe that is the reason why yaris felt so unsettling.

my current car oso has that feeling......once in a while only hor....but i know its time to change the suspension. Sometime can even be the suspension housing.......

This are likely made in europe and europe tuned suspension.

Our are cheap tin can Asean version.

cannot be.....our cars are so dam expensive, its daylight robbery if they give us what you said....

Yeah, for most of that trip, I was with a Holden commodore 3.6 v6.....went up to 13 apostle along the great ocean drive and back via the national park forested area.... Very smooth and stable with power on tap. But handling also ot as sharp..but better than the yaris.

Was driving a c350 back home then.

Maybe that is the reason why yaris felt so unsettling.

The jap cars have improved gradually over the years.

The g8 altis that was my family car, 120+kph is already slightly floaty. By my g11

, it would be around 145-150 kph. Surprisingly the jazz at that time is not floaty around 140kph which is quite surprising for a subcompact car.

Sat in a merc at 140kph, but very normal for them to be at that speed lol.

Anyway yeah lah. My internal speed limit probably won't change. Don't have a race car driver reflexes lol

Australia is a place where I will just rent a cheap and roomy vehicle. Can't speed.

• Praise 1

The jap cars have improved gradually over the years.

The g8 altis that was my family car, 120+kph is already slightly floaty. By my g11

, it would be around 145-150 kph. Surprisingly the jazz at that time is not floaty around 140kph which is quite surprising for a subcompact car.

Sat in a merc at 140kph, but very normal for them to be at that speed lol.

Anyway yeah lah. My internal speed limit probably won't change. Don't have a race car driver reflexes lol

Australia is a place where I will just rent a cheap and roomy vehicle. Can't speed.

Australia can speed but must be really in “ULU” area , I have touched 185+ in a Camry ( Avalon) as they call it there in NT ( all desert like) all the way flat land and nothing but red sand n hot like hell too