Budget 2019!

RadX

Give u $300. Fuk u up with 9%(+++) GST for life.

$300 only for those up to S$28,000 of assessable income. Should be considered a lot for these people

What is there to study?

When same drug from the same company but sold in Malaysia is 1/3 or 1/2 the price of the same drug sold in Singapore.

If you have been reading carefully, you will notice that polyclinics and some / many hospitals charges are higher. Eg Consultation in Polyclinic is billed higher than a neighborhood GP's consultation BUT they do "magic" can claim government subsidized which in the end is either the same as private or slightly lower.

Then for don't know how many years or possibly decades, PUBLIC Hospitals have been paying HUGE (some in hundreds of thousands) as commission to get foreign patients in. Those commissions must come from somewhere.

We have layers and layers of bureaucrat eg a worker is looked after by the immediate supervisor which together is watched by the departmental manager then all of them are under a divisional manager and so on. You have deputy for this and deputy for that. 

A hospital is place where people don't want to go but force to go and want to get out as quick possible. But now hospitals are becoming like shopping centres. With that you can guess what is their primary motive. Let you guess: patient care or revenue generating.

We have all these shields until the shields also learn to shield themselves. Don't you remember a gentleman who had eye treatment whose shield only cover him $4 plus while his treatment cost thousands of dollars. These shields are NOT free and are paid through CPF or out of pocket even if you have your own private insurance.

Isn't it a big joke, when your medical bills for your treatment to ensure you are well to work and earn money, your medical bills everything single item including condoms attracts GST tax. Unbelievable. 

Sometimes it feels like life is not fair. Eg our Minister had heart treatment and paid only $8 and he goes telling everybody just how affordable healthcare is affordable in Singapore.

LSK who had a bleed in the head, if he was someone else, it is likely now in some long term care. You think everyone will get immediate treatment, round the clock turning and massage, round the monitoring not by just nurses but by a team of doctors. This is real life, we have to accept our position in life. 

Of topic abit:

Everybody screaming cost of living very high and everything seems so expensive. Even ministers asking public to eat at hawker centres.

Many go to JB because not to look for GO GO girls but to buy cheaper basic necessities and medicine. 

NOW the authorities with immediate effect, the GST tax will be imposed after a smaller sum of money spent. 

We already have 3/4 tank rule. Why is this rule still present? Who does it benefit? 

Some say this budget is very inclusive. You agree.

Honestly I rather they spend money to study why medical cost in Singapore is expensive and fix it.

Do a breakdown and try to reduce the big hitters. Is it the Doctors fees? If so, spend more money to train Doctors. Is it hospital fees? Find more economical ways of doing it. More hostpitals.

Honestly all these giving out money is just an easy and stupid way out,

I don’t think I ever seen a report like this and their solutions. Hey if their solutions is crappy I can forgive them but I am not even sure what are they doing to address the root cause,

• Praise 2

$300 only for those up to S$28,000 of assessable income. Should be considered a lot for these people

Yes $300 a lot of money. When I can receive it. Throw at the ang bao toto maybe can strike rich.

Yes $300 a lot of money. When I can receive it. Throw at the ang bao toto maybe can strike rich.

I estimate $15mil by this Friday close... How much you want to invest?

It is definitely not the drug cost because you can buy them much cheaper just across the causeway. Then it boils down to 3 other components.

1) staff cost which mainly is doctors.

2) facilities cost where we build world class resort to justify high cost.

3) obvious, profit margin to show which hospital earn the most.

I do understand you want to retain doctors so limit the numbers and pay them high salary. But i am also hearing doctors complaining over worked and too stressful. So relaxing and admitting more may balance out better. There maybe a big pool of doctors who don't mind above average pay but a more balance work life.

Honestly I rather they spend money to study why medical cost in Singapore is expensive and fix it.

Do a breakdown and try to reduce the big hitters. Is it the Doctors fees? If so, spend more money to train Doctors. Is it hospital fees? Find more economical ways of doing it. More hostpitals.

Honestly all these giving out money is just an easy and stupid way out,

I donât think I ever seen a report like this and their solutions. Hey if their solutions is crappy I can forgive them but I am not even sure what are they doing to address the root cause,

They are the root cause.

Listening to excerpts of the speech on radio, can't help feeling that this particular minister really should go for voice classes, more so as he has been earmarked for higher leadership position.

Current voice lacks presence and command quality, in fact reminds me of C-3PO [laugh] How to talk to world leaders next time? 

• Praise 1

Listening to excerpts of the speech on radio, can't help feeling that this particular minister really should go for voice classes, more so as he has been earmarked for higher leadership position.

Current voice lacks presence and command quality, in fact reminds me of C-3PO [laugh] How to talk to world leaders next time? 

Singapore boleh lah.. just look at our President !

It is definitely not the drug cost because you can buy them much cheaper just across the causeway. Then it boils down to 3 other components.

1) staff cost which mainly is doctors.

2) facilities cost where we build world class resort to justify high cost.

3) obvious, profit margin to show which hospital earn the most.

I do understand you want to retain doctors so limit the numbers and pay them high salary. But i am also hearing doctors complaining over worked and too stressful. So relaxing and admitting more may balance out better. There maybe a big pool of doctors who don't mind above average pay but a more balance work life.

Doctors have to suffer in the early days after graduating. But I find that those who plan carefully to establish their private practice later on are able to have the best of both worlds. Work-life balance, not so crazy hours, and filthy rich. Aesthetic and gynae seem to be the best bet.

Anyone else thot the Q&A on tv by Heng was super bad? Ppl ask him qn he go round and round the bush then by the time he get to the direct answer u fell asleep. Or some qn he miss the pt like asking abt our low fertility rate and he rattle off stuff abt education support.

Cham lah our 4g really cmi. CCS arrogant and HSK no charisma and OYK look sinister

Doctors have to suffer in the early days after graduating. But I find that those who plan carefully to establish their private practice later on are able to have the best of both worlds. Work-life balance, not so crazy hours, and filthy rich. Aesthetic and gynae seem to be the best bet.

I agree they should be adequately compensated for their contribution but not necessarily make rich. It should be a well balanced profession that serves the society and yet ensure those providing that services well being are taken care of. For those that want to be the elite doctors, then it is for their clients to decide how much they wish to pay.

• Praise 1

Anyone else thot the Q&A on tv by Heng was super bad? Ppl ask him qn he go round and round the bush then by the time he get to the direct answer u fell asleep. Or some qn he miss the pt like asking abt our low fertility rate and he rattle off stuff abt education support.

Cham lah our 4g really cmi. CCS arrogant and HSK no charisma and OYK look sinister

You heard the saying....

If thou cannot convince them, confuse them !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2