Accident with Causeway Link bus

everbb910

Dear all,

I was having a minor collision with this Causeway Link bus(yellow ones) on the causeway bridge towards Singapore custom (just came out from JB custom), I was trying to merge into lane 1 with signal on and the bus refuse to give way and hit the right side of my car near the rear wheel and rear right door while I already stopped (not sure whether he purposely hit me or not). So this bus driver said we both report to insurance and refused to provide me his particulars stating the company name and plate number sufficed.

I filed online accident report with my insurer (AIG) and made police report also when I came back to Singapore. I would like to know that if I don't claim my insurance company (new car excess $800 and lost my NCD) and go outside workshop to do the job(around $850), will there be any problem? If the bus company insurer claim against mine, do I still have to fork out another $800 excess for this case? Have been calling AIG hotline for the whole morning but couldn't get through, so would like to hear dear bro's opinion on this. 

Thanks and happy new year to all!

↡ Advertisement

I think you should claim your insurance because you don't even know what the bus fellow will do. 

BTW, "refuse to give way" tells me that you were in the wrong.

• Praise 3

just report to your insurer then go repair your car at outside workshop. I doubt the bus driver even take down your car plate or bothered about the damages on the bus.

Usually those on the left lane that needs to give way.

Doesn't matter the vehicle on the right is gracious or not, he has the RIGHT of way.

A lot of kuku drivers think that by signalling you're immediately granted the right of way.

I'd say just fork out the money from your pocket and repair. Lesson learn.

• Praise 8

Thanks for your replies, I guess I took it for granted as the space was indeed for me to merge into the lane, however he accelerated and bang into me. The guy did take photos of my car plate, just not sure what he will do (a lot of scratches on that area of the bus already). Maybe I will wait for  a few days to check with my insurance company again for the advise. 

Usually those on the left lane that needs to give way.

Doesn't matter the vehicle on the right is gracious or not, he has the RIGHT of way.

A lot of kuku drivers think that by signalling you're immediately granted the right of way.

I'd say just fork out the money from your pocket and repair. Lesson learn.

Yeah, anyway I have to fork out that amount to get it repaired whether through insurance company or outside workshop, lesson learnt, no more play with Malaysia bus :TT_TT:

Dear all,

I was having a minor collision with this Causeway Link bus(yellow ones) on the causeway bridge towards Singapore custom (just came out from JB custom), I was trying to merge into lane 1 with signal on and the bus refuse to give way and hit the right side of my car near the rear wheel and rear right door while I already stopped (not sure whether he purposely hit me or not). So this bus driver said we both report to insurance and refused to provide me his particulars stating the company name and plate number sufficed.

I filed online accident report with my insurer (AIG) and made police report also when I came back to Singapore. I would like to know that if I don't claim my insurance company (new car excess $800 and lost my NCD) and go outside workshop to do the job(around $850), will there be any problem? If the bus company insurer claim against mine, do I still have to fork out another $800 excess for this case? Have been calling AIG hotline for the whole morning but couldn't get through, so would like to hear dear bro's opinion on this. 

sorry to hear about your accident.

it seems that you are trying to encroach on the right most lane and this lane are usually used by lorries and buses.

most likely you will need to report and claim your own insurance for the damage.

sorry to hear about your accident.

it seems that you are trying to encroach on the right most lane and this lane are usually used by lorries and buses.

most likely you will need to report and claim your own insurance for the damage.

All cars were trying to merge from a chaotic 3 or 4 lanes after JB custom into 2 lanes, I was just trying to "squeeze in", anyway that's my first time competing with m'sia bus and apparently I lost the battle haha. 

Dear all,

The $800 execss is own damage excess. Only applicable if you do own damage claim.

The other party claim is totally bear by your insurance. 

Even if you don't claim your own insurance, you will still lost your NCD if the other party claimed successfully against you.

• Praise 1

The $800 execss is own damage excess. Only applicable if you do own damage claim.

The other party claim is totally bear by your insurance. 

Even if you don't claim your own insurance, you will still lost your NCD if the other party claimed successfully against you.

Thanks for the information, meaning to say that if I do it with outside workshop and the Malaysia insurer didn't successfully claim against me, I will not lose my NCD right? 

• Praise 1

Thanks for the information, meaning to say that if I do it with outside workshop and the Malaysia insurer didn't successfully claim against me, I will not lose my NCD right? 

Your insurer will hold your case for a long period as u have reported a case and did not sign private settlement letter. It will assume there will be a potential claim that has not materialize. Please check with your insurer on how long before it ignore your reported case.

• Praise 1

Should be the case.

I think you should claim your insurance because you don't even know what the bus fellow will do.

BTW, "refuse to give way" tells me that you were in the wrong.

Ya lane 1 somemore... The lane one on the causeway is for bus and lorries lane right? Hmm..

Dear all,

excess only when you claim own damage. if you do it outside and dont follow up with your insurer, nothing will happen.  But you stated New car, so you may want to check with AD on warranty if you do it outside. 

on the causeway touch there bang here quite common, he bang you, no matter who is in the right of way also he wont win 100%, some more is causeway bus, likely he wont report also. some more seem like a small accident only, likely nobody will bother.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement