Accident with Causeway Link bus

everbb910

excess only when you claim own damage. if you do it outside and dont follow up with your insurer, nothing will happen. But you stated New car, so you may want to check with AD on warranty if you do it outside.

on the causeway touch there bang here quite common, he bang you, no matter who is in the right of way also he wont win 100%, some more is causeway bus, likely he wont report also. some more seem like a small accident only, likely nobody will bother. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I'm a bit reluctant to check with AD knowing that they sure will ask me to repair with them or else will void warranty. So since it's only scratches and dents I would like to do it outside with much cheaper cost for sure and don't think they'll find out
↡ Advertisement

if anyone is still think this is a oversight of the bus driver, you have to know that  these  regular bus and lorry drivers  are very seasoned folks, they know exactly when to cause damage to your car without bringing themselves into trouble. For all you know they may be doing the same thing day in day out everyday, dont try to squeeze in front, beside , behind these big vehicles. 

• Praise 1

You only need to pay excess when you ownself claim ownself lor.  Counter party claim you, you do not have to pay excess, of course your NCD will be affected.

Suggest you report IDAC immediately with status as REPORT instead of CLAIM and wait for a few weeks to see if the other party is filing a claim. You can always change the filing from REPORT to CLAIM if need arise. There is no specific period of validity to changing the status, usually, IDAC tell me within 90days or 3 months best.

If no, you ownself repair lor. NCD is save and you are at peace again.

If yes, you file ownself claim.

I think you case is 50/50 confirmed liao.  If bus got video then 100% lor. BTW, did you even signal ?

Dear all,

I was having a minor collision with this Causeway Link bus(yellow ones) on the causeway bridge towards Singapore custom (just came out from JB custom), I was trying to merge into lane 1 with signal on and the bus refuse to give way and hit the right side of my car near the rear wheel and rear right door while I already stopped (not sure whether he purposely hit me or not). So this bus driver said we both report to insurance and refused to provide me his particulars stating the company name and plate number sufficed.

I filed online accident report with my insurer (AIG) and made police report also when I came back to Singapore. I would like to know that if I don't claim my insurance company (new car excess $800 and lost my NCD) and go outside workshop to do the job(around $850), will there be any problem? If the bus company insurer claim against mine, do I still have to fork out another $800 excess for this case? Have been calling AIG hotline for the whole morning but couldn't get through, so would like to hear dear bro's opinion on this. 

Thanks and happy new year to all!

if anyone is still think this is a oversight of the bus driver, you have to know that these regular bus and lorry drivers are very seasoned folks, they know exactly when to cause damage to your car without bringing themselves into trouble. For all you know they may be doing the same thing day in day out everyday, dont try to squeeze in front, beside , behind these big vehicles.

True. Esp those blue colour factory buses also. I just Kenna one bus who went from SLE slip road to BKE at increasing speed when I was on the left most lane. The bus just come out without slowing down n I have to brake to avoid hitting the bus.

You only need to pay excess when you ownself claim ownself lor.  Counter party claim you, you do not have to pay excess, of course your NCD will be affected.

Suggest you report IDAC immediately with status as REPORT instead of CLAIM and wait for a few weeks to see if the other party is filing a claim. You can always change the filing from REPORT to CLAIM if need arise. There is no specific period of validity to changing the status, usually, IDAC tell me within 90days or 3 months best.

If no, you ownself repair lor. NCD is save and you are at peace again.

If yes, you file ownself claim.

I think you case is 50/50 confirmed liao.  If bus got video then 100% lor. BTW, did you even signal ?

Why IDAC if insurer never requires IDAC reporting

IDAC is part of the insurance framework of 2013 lor.

All event need to be reported lor.  I ever asked Income what is the definition of EVENT :

a) As long as the other party step out of the car to interact with you.  You are better off reporting IDAC as there is an intent to file a claim already. I don't think you can just call or visit your insurer physically to report an accident lor.  IDAC is considered an independent reviewer lor.  They also take photo wor, your whole car.

b) If you have an accident, no matter how minor and if a claim against you arise, according to the framework, insurer have the right to cancel your policy, or imposed excess - which you don't have to pay when a third party claim you lor.

c) Even in private settlement arrangement, you need to report IDAC as the other party can always U turn.  Oh, you are sign a form declaring the arrangement.  Is there a witness ?  Probably not.  Can argue his/her way out one lor 

d) What trigger cancellation to your insurance or impose excess ?  All accident need to be reported within 24 hours, many U turn case happened after 24 hours and the other party reported IDAC and you did not, so you see the problem. 

Also, not many people know that event such as traffic offences need to report to insurer too.  Ya, or that it what Income fine print said. You don't need to report IDAC, you just need to inform the insurer. I think hor, if there is a courts case, I think first thing people look at is your traffic offence lor.

I think I remembered that there was ever a landmark case where an insurer loss a case and because the policy holder never report a traffic offence then the insurer cancel the policy lor.

IDAC report is FREE. 

Of course, maybe your insurer indeed do not require you to report IDAC.  But do check.  It is a std SOP by GIA.

Why IDAC if insurer never requires IDAC reporting

IDAC is part of the insurance framework of 2013 lor.

All event need to be reported lor. I ever asked Income what is the definition of EVENT :

a) As long as the other party step out of the car to interact with you. You are better off reporting IDAC as there is an intent to file a claim already. I don't think you can just call or visit your insurer physically to report an accident lor. IDAC is considered an independent reviewer lor. They also take photo wor, your whole car.

b) If you have an accident, no matter how minor and if a claim against you arise, according to the framework, insurer have the right to cancel your policy, or imposed excess - which you don't have to pay when a third party claim you lor.

c) Even in private settlement arrangement, you need to report IDAC as the other party can always U turn. Oh, you are sign a form declaring the arrangement. Is there a witness ? Probably not. Can argue his/her way out one lor

d) What trigger cancellation to your insurance or impose excess ? All accident need to be reported within 24 hours, many U turn case happened after 24 hours and the other party reported IDAC and you did not, so you see the problem.

Also, not many people know that event such as traffic offences need to report to insurer too. Ya, or that it what Income fine print said. You don't need to report IDAC, you just need to inform the insurer. I think hor, if there is a courts case, I think first thing people look at is your traffic offence lor.

I think I remembered that there was ever a landmark case where an insurer loss a case and because the policy holder never report a traffic offence then the insurer cancel the policy lor.

IDAC report is FREE.

Of course, maybe your insurer indeed do not require you to report IDAC. But do check. It is a std SOP by GIA.

IDAC is past tense.

Even NTUC Income has an orange team which will be on sight when accident happens.

This orange team assists in accident reporting.

IDAC is past tense.

Even NTUC Income has an orange team which will be on sight when accident happens.

This orange team assists in accident reporting.

IDAC is a good idea but to work ALL insurance companies need to be in it i feel.

No one mention any passenger on board the bus?

Any sudden breaking or just mere kisses. Heavy vehicle with goods not so worry as driver likely to ignore and brush it off. Public bus with passenger a different story as we always hear passenger coming back claim medical ground months later.

For TS is better to make an insurance report for peace of mind.

Edited by Kopites

No one mention any passenger on board the bus?

Any sudden breaking or just mere kisses. Heavy vehicle with goods not so worry as driver likely to ignore and brush it off. Public bus with passenger a different story as we always hear passenger coming back claim medical ground months later.

For TS is better to make an insurance report for peace of mind.

Thanks for the advise, I've already made insurance report and police report for this case.

Just spoke with the insurance company about the incident and confirmed about what bros said about excess and chances the other party successfully claim against me. The CSO told me it might take months for them to receive the the other party's claim request against me after the accident and then there'll be investigations going on and often takes long time to settle the case. 

So I guess I'll just go outside workshop to do the job and wait for the outcome of whether the bus company claim against me or not and whether they can success. Best case they never file claim and I don't loose my NCD, anyway a good lesson learnt. 

• Praise 1

whether right way or high way

see king kong lorry and bus ... better be humble and roll out carpet to give way

nowadays i see many lorry and bus also chut pattern to cut q while exit expressway

everyone must gave way and roll out carpet ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

No need to report lah.

If bus driver claim against you and you never report the bus driver can only sick thumb.

I learn from MCF one.

Also if bus driver claim against you just say you were drunk. Your insurance won't pay out and you keep your NCB.

:D

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

sometime got right of way also must give way . . .  [laugh]

Hahaha .....agree .

Especially when dealing with a Msian bus on the Msian side of the causeway .   [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

Hahaha .....agree .

Especially when dealing with a Msian bus on the Msian side of the causeway . [rolleyes]

Even on Singapore roads , I will try to stay a distance from these Malaysian trucks and buses. Edited by DACH

The bridge between the 2 customs checkpoint is under sg or my? Got accident follow which country's rules?

It should follow the international border line.

↡ Advertisement