Accident with Causeway Link bus

everbb910

If the repair quoted is less than 1k.

Then just ignore the damage.

Because it meant it's only superficial and external.

Use it as a reminder to you of your own altercation with a public bus that in the 1st place you should not be there and expect the bus to give way to you.

No sympathy for your damage.

Just move on and save the repair.

Even if you repair 1k from your own pocket is not much, take it as an inexpensive lesson because anything $$$$ can pay is not expensive.

It's the permanent damage that $$$$ cannot pay will cause one to feel guilt.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sigh, still have to report insurance one what.

Anyway, it is up to individual to report or not report lor.

I will definitely report one, for all incident and accident lor.

Since we are talking on no claim reporting.

I will share my case.

Had a minor brush with another car when we were turning right in Feb 2018.

Both agreed to private settle and do own repair. Just report.

So we both settled private and reported.

When it's time for my renewal.

My insurer from China placed a 3k outstanding amount. Thus other insurers when they see this outstanding amount.

They gave me 0% NCD and higher excess.

Only my existing insurer gave me 50% NCD and with a small excess.

So I wrote in go GIA about the unfair act of my existing insurer by providing an untrue information of hqving exisiting 3k claim when there was none.

GIA wrote to my existing insurer and the marketing director replied saying there was no claim and all NCD was intact.

Actually a local insurer quoted a better rate but I had to renew with my existing insurer from China as it was too close and I need to have valid insurance to renew my road tax.

So LL had to renew with them.

The broker representing a local insurer advised me I can ask for full refund from my existing insurer and they will cover all with my 50% NCD.

I have shared my emails from GIA and the existing insurer to the broker. Thus the local insurer understood the full situation and is willing to cover me full 50% NCD. But it was last day of renewal lapse date.

So my sharing here is there are insurer abusing the reporting system for their own benefit by levelling a fake outstanding amount.

So when other insurer see the outstanding amount they all quoted higher premium or without NCD.

So this motor insurer is using a loophole to their own benefit.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

If private settled and signed the private settlement form already, why still go and report?

report is a must even private settlement

report is cover backside in case other party flip prata and claim insurance

• Praise 1

Ince signed the private settlement form there is no need to report. Always have been my company practises. Ince file a report mean the repair claim too exorbitant. Edited by Kopites

That’s why I said most Singaporeans are conditioned to just follow law.

Once private settlement form are signed, why do one need to make a report? For insurer to hold an amount so next year one will be charge higher for his premium?

Private settlement form is mean to cover one’s backside already.

https://www.aviva.com.sg/content/dam/aviva-public/sg/documents/aviva-car-insurance/car-accident/Private_Settlement_Form_AvivaSg.pdf

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Dear all,

I was having a minor collision with this Causeway Link bus(yellow ones) on the causeway bridge towards Singapore custom (just came out from JB custom), I was trying to merge into lane 1 with signal on and the bus refuse to give way and hit the right side of my car near the rear wheel and rear right door while I already stopped (not sure whether he purposely hit me or not). So this bus driver said we both report to insurance and refused to provide me his particulars stating the company name and plate number sufficed.

I filed online accident report with my insurer (AIG) and made police report also when I came back to Singapore. I would like to know that if I don't claim my insurance company (new car excess $800 and lost my NCD) and go outside workshop to do the job(around $850), will there be any problem? If the bus company insurer claim against mine, do I still have to fork out another $800 excess for this case? Have been calling AIG hotline for the whole morning but couldn't get through, so would like to hear dear bro's opinion on this.

Thanks and happy new year to all!

Wah piang! Jb bus you also hiong

My coe pigkarp, two wheel in scrapyard kind, inalso don’t dare play Malaysia King Kong bus liao [crazy]

There is a small problem lor.

My car and a MAL car touch side mirror lor. MAL car owner step out of car say want to claim me wor. I say I have no money wor and after a few round, the other party drive off lor.

I report to Income, Income said MUST go IDAC and a JB Police report. I said no damage lor. She said MUST.

I said you SIAO lor, I in SG to GO BACK to JB ??

After a few round, she said report SG police. I also said siao ah ??

Anyway, I go to SG police station and the police said I siao ah ? I said insurance said so, he said go tell insurer, they siao one.

a) No injury, so no need police report

b) JB is outside their jurisdiction of the Republic of Singapore and its 52 Islands and all seaward port extension lor.

Anyway, he said will anyhow file a report, so that I can anyhow report to insurance.

And I get to live happily ever after.

THE END.

Everybody is Siao lang :XD:
  • Praise 2

just report to your insurer then go repair your car at outside workshop. I doubt the bus driver even take down your car plate or bothered about the damages on the bus.

I second this. 

True. Esp those blue colour factory buses also. I just Kenna one bus who went from SLE slip road to BKE at increasing speed when I was on the left most lane. The bus just come out without slowing down n I have to brake to avoid hitting the bus.

Those bas kilang one is Siao lang bus

Wah piang! Jb bus you also hiong

My coe pigkarp, two wheel in scrapyard kind, inalso don’t dare play Malaysia King Kong bus liao [crazy]

Everybody is Siao lang :XD:

Have to experience once then remember for life mah :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

• Praise 2

Another danger area on the causeway is where buses from Lane 1 merge with cars on Lane 2 just before JB CIQ (towards JB). Especially during jam, bas kilang, SBS, causeway link etc will just signal left and cut into the car lane with little regard for the safety of the car's occupants. Even if I have right of way and have been waiting patiently in the jam for 2 hours, not worth the risk of getting crushed under the wheels of a bus.

• Praise 1