Toyota Corolla Altis Rim Size Issue

ismailmiller

Mr Google says:

What would cause a car to hesitate on acceleration?
If a fuel pump cannot provide the correct pressure, fuel may have difficulty making it to the engine. A vehicle that hesitates while accelerating or while driving up a hill may have a weak fuel pump. ... Dirty fuel injectors may cause the engine to run lean which will in turn, cause hesitation when accelerating.

• Praise 3

I changed the tire PSI To 220. Feels the same. My last pump was 98 at Caltex. Spark Plugs changed during last servicing.

Whne my current speed is 40km/h I hit the accelerator.. The car jerks and hesitates for about 1 second before RPM shoot ups to 2.5-3k and engine roars.

I Checked with my Mechanic. Battery problem won't affect acceleration. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my car 02 sensor though.. Can't Think if anything else or its a common altis problem

Probably got the wrong car.. Not to your expectations.. You can get those aftermarket piggy-back throttle controller and your acceleration should improve.
  • Praise 3

Maybe send your Car to Harnip Auto,he can help you better,by the way,Toyota Cars,cannot just fully step on the Throttle....you should drive gently..

It hesitated and did not accelerate for another 1 or 2 secs even when i pressed more on the accelerator pedal. 

I think my question here is whether is it possible that the change from Performance Tires to Touring Tires (Yokohama AE50) can cause these kind of acceleration issues? Or should I be looking at rim size (I do believe it is possible as stock is 15, compared to current one which is 17). 

You got the car brand new and change the rim from 15 to 17?

The previous owner changed to 17 Inch Rim. I send to Hanip before. He changed the fuel filter and it helped abit before the problem came. Seems like after consecutively filling 98 petrol.. The car acceleration is smoother. I suspect my fuel pump tot issue maybe becos I leave my petrol to low level quite frequently.

I changed the tire PSI To 220. Feels the same. My last pump was 98 at Caltex. Spark Plugs changed during last servicing.

Whne my current speed is 40km/h I hit the accelerator.. The car jerks and hesitates for about 1 second before RPM shoot ups to 2.5-3k and engine roars.

I Checked with my Mechanic. Battery problem won't affect acceleration. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my car 02 sensor though.. Can't Think if anything else or its a common altis problem

Just to clarify,  yours is AT and not CVT?

When I was using AT,   overfilling of ATF will cause sluggish performance. 

If AT,  if there hesitation, likely it could be transmission problem.

AFAIK.

The common understanding is that the battery is used to start the car.

After starting the car,  the alternator will charge the battery.  

The current will be reduced as the battery get sufficiently full. 

If the battery is weak,  it will ne continuously charged by the alternator using higher current.  

So far, I have been getting better response from the accelerator everytime I change out a weak battery.

Just to clarify, yours is AT and not CVT?

When I was using AT, overfilling of ATF will cause sluggish performance.

If AT, if there hesitation, likely it could be transmission problem.

AFAIK.

The common understanding is that the battery is used to start the car.

After starting the car, the alternator will charge the battery.

The current will be reduced as the battery get sufficiently full.

If the battery is weak, it will ne continuously charged by the alternator using higher current.

So far, I have been getting better response from the accelerator everytime I change out a weak battery.

Corolla made back in 2008 are 4 Speed Transmission. My Amaron battery will be 1 year 6 months this coming Feb. My colleague said my car probably has gearbox issue as when going downhill.. My RPM will shoot up if I press my brakes slightly hard. I will probably change another new battery during my next servicing

Corolla made back in 2008 are 4 Speed Transmission. My Amaron battery will be 1 year 6 months this coming Feb. My colleague said my car probably has gearbox issue as when going downhill.. My RPM will shoot up if I press my brakes slightly hard. I will probably change another new battery during my next servicing

Check the ATF and ensure not overfilled.

The problem with TS is that he did not even describe the problem clearly , end up making others to guess his problems and suggest solutions that will lead to nowhere, and he continues to suspect rim and tyre size.

• Praise 1

The problem with TS is that he did not even describe the problem clearly , end up making others to guess his problems and suggest solutions that will lead to nowhere, and he continues to suspect rim and tyre size.

Exactly,even from 14" to !7" won't affect Performance so badly,unless he fitted FlintStone Stone Wheels. [:p]  [:p]

• Praise 1