Need help: How to earn $10 per hour using taxishare?

Gheeheng

Hi all taxi uncles or aunties, i am in need (desperately) for advice on how to make a little bit more using taxi share under smrt?

Last time i can earn about $12 per hr after deducted rental and fuel.

I started to drive again as i kenna fired by company again. Averagely i earn around 6 to 7 dollars per hour.

Yesterday was the worst, i earned only $15 for the 10 hours booking.

Not much calls from smrt call booking. like 10 hours 1 call. When about to accept after checking how to go, people take already.

So i do only street hires. Anyhow Drive for 10km to 20km round ans round the estate only 1 passenger go to short trip $4.58. Not sure Want to laugh or cry.

Din install grab because taxi share always different car plate number.

Any master here? I like to meet you and buy you coffee hope you can share with me some advice.

I am not giving up yet. I only set a very low expectation

As long as can breakeven i am fine.

Smrt per hour rental was very high. I hope other taxi company can come.out this flexi scheme too.

I am a very hard working driver. I usually eat bread inside car to beat time. I only step out to go toilet only.

No time to lose.

Thank you.

Edited by Gheeheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Ya... rent from Tribe Car. They have hourly rental as well. Mostly hybrid cars. Then sign up for Grab and Go Jek. They are giving incentives if Im not wrong.

• Praise 1

Try the grab and go-jek platform. But no matter how hardworking you are and no time to lose, still must take care of yourself and get down from the car and take some rest and break properly. 

• Praise 3

thank you all for your tips and advices.

yes registering Grab now. cannot go in suspended. pending Grabber to contact me asap.

Hi all taxi uncles or aunties, i am in need (desperately) for advice on how to make a little bit more using taxi share under smrt?

I started to drive again as i kenna fired by company again. Averagely i earn around 6 to 7 dollars per hour.

Not much calls from smrt call booking. like 10 hours 1 call. When about to accept after checking how to go, people take already.

So i do only street hires. Anyhow Drive for 10km to 20km round ans round the estate only 1 passenger go to short trip $4.58. Not sure Want to laugh or cry.

Any master here? I like to meet you and buy you coffee hope you can share with me some advice.

Smrt per hour rental was very high. I hope other taxi company can come.out this flexi scheme too.

I am a very hard working driver. I usually eat bread inside car to beat time. I only step out to go toilet only.

No time to lose.

Thank you.

Kena ban from Grab? Got fired by company?

No time to lose.

Thank you.

TS, I am not a taxi driver but i do hear some of the taxi driver's conversation.  But i could be wrong or too simplistic. 

first is most taxi drivers  dont drive around to try their luck, especially during non peak.  They usually know where the demand is. and especially at night, they know places that definitely will need taxi.  Now with grab, i think competition must have heats up a little, but during high demand hours, grab is expensive, so there is still demand for taxi. 

second, did you consider comfort? I am told some of the scheme allow sub letting of a cab to a relief driver, this will help you lower your rental cost, and also you do not have to drive too long the hour.

third, do make some taxi friends, proactively try to get to know them during coffee hour, through conversation, i am sure they will be able to share some tips and tricks here and there.  I know you are hardworking, but sometimes it may be worth spending some time to catch up then to just keep driving blindly. 

Good luck to you.

• Praise 2

Kena ban from Grab? Got fired by company?

Not activated. Last time already signed up with them before uber enter sg market. After i got a perm job, grab stil send a lot of sms to my mobile no. Hence i requested them to stop sending. After got fired by my previous company perm job, now need to activate.

Not activated. Last time already signed up with them before uber enter sg market. After i got a perm job, grab stil send a lot of sms to my mobile no. Hence i requested them to stop sending. After got fired by my previous company perm job, now need to activate.

Its better for you to find a full time job. Business is not good nowadays.

↡ Advertisement