COE Bidding – 1st Round of January 2019

Carbon82

Cat A price rose by $4K in the last 9 minutes of bidding , push  dup by 50 bidders.

In summary, 2% of the bidders pushed prices up by 17%.

Cat A price rose by $4K in the last 9 minutes of bidding , push dup by 50 bidders.

Thanks to the 50 people, gov collected $7.2m more.
  • Praise 1

So fast increased price already?

Was replying to the previous post.

The poster asked why coe didnt go up more and i gave some possible reasons.

Its because after previous round, toyota increased prices by 3-4k and honda by 2k. And no more mazda 3 sedan for booking. So the demand or new bookings is not there.

• Praise 1

So with this 1st bidding in January, how should the PQP (for COE renewal) is affected? Since the PQP is the average of 3 continuous months.

PQP is calculated after the 2nd bidding of the month.
  • Praise 1

Next budding still in time for cny delivery?

That is not a problem provided your car is ready for delivery.

Edited by Chigiz
  • Praise 1

Next budding still in time for cny delivery?

A bit rush even you got your coe in next bidding. Unless final payment and registration of the car is done fast, and car not much thing to touch up.

Cat A price rose by $4K in the last 9 minutes of bidding , push  dup by 50 bidders.

Not entirely true. The COE price is $1 above the highest unsuccessful bidder. So, all successful bidders are the one that push the prices up :)

tomorrow start motorshow, today bidding should not increase too much to lure buyers to the show?

there is always at least one explanation for each of the scenario, so here let me explain, dealers didnt bid high so that they could  keep the price low during car show promo . 

there is always at least one explanation for each of the scenario, so here let me explain, dealers didnt bid high so that they could keep the price low during car show promo .

Going by this theory, expect jan 2nd bidding to go up ~2k?
  • Praise 1

Basket my PI promise Jan delivery in sales agreement but did not submit bid this time. Jan 2nd biding if Coe go up don't know they come up pattern not...

Was replying to the previous post.

The poster asked why coe didnt go up more and i gave some possible reasons.

Its because after previous round, toyota increased prices by 3-4k and honda by 2k. And no more mazda 3 sedan for booking. So the demand or new bookings is not there.

Probably the holiday season too. Many people go overseas for the past weeks. There are still some people still coming back to work after their Long leaves.
↡ Advertisement