COE Bidding – 1st Round of January 2019

Carbon82

Any pros can advice for Jan 2019 onwards what will trend for CAT A COE? Going up as number of COE Quota shrinking or maintain or will go down?

I feel/think it will go up but I hope it will go down
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So when is the 2nd bidding for January? What is the current status after the Motor Show?

Saw many people signing during the after hours of motor show.

Expect jan 2nd bidding to go up due to

- motorshow sales was good

- jan 1st bidding was suppressed for motorshow (pure speculation)

- last round of bidding before quota shrink by ~90-100 in feb. So buyers may want to enter first

Predict cat A 27k

• Praise 1

Saw many people signing during the after hours of motor show.

I think also some dealers try to push out the cars before cny. Thus there will be a rush for those deal closed last min (in order to get car before cny)

• Praise 2

Not so from Honda, got coe now need to wait till April to get car.

I wonder what if the roro sank with your car on board? I think there was a accidental like this that happen and the dealer pay chor

• Praise 2

Not so from Honda, got coe now need to wait till April to get car.

I wonder what if the roro sank with your car on board? I think there was a accidental like this that happen and the dealer pay chor

if u have purchased a car from Toyota and Mazda, its also the same. They will deliver the cars around March/April period.

• Praise 1

today Nissan Sylphy adv at $78,800 means what ??

what is going to be the 2nd bidding COE price ??

Shld b for the basic model + take their loan, insurance and trade in.
  • Praise 1

I think also some dealers try to push out the cars before cny. Thus there will be a rush for those deal closed last min (in order to get car before cny)

2nd bid of 2019 is too late to rush the car out for Chinese New Year.

The real rush should be between 1st bid of Dec 2018 to 1st bid of Jan 2019, especially the last one, because there is a bottle-neck somewhere.

I think the 2nd bid of Jan 2019 will be quite normal for Cat A but Cat B is likely to rise further.

• Praise 2

Any take of the COE bidding for the next one?

there is a 3 weeks gap plus after a car show, COE for CAT A will likely to go up. But without uber/grab, it should not go up by too much. Maybe $2k  to 3k there about. 

Cat B wise, the demand has been steady and it is less likely to be affected by promo during car show, so maybe $1k more. all these are guess work, we will know by 4pm on Wed. 

• Praise 1

there is a 3 weeks gap plus after a car show, COE for CAT A will likely to go up. But without uber/grab, it should not go up by too much. Maybe $2k  to 3k there about. 

Cat B wise, the demand has been steady and it is less likely to be affected by promo during car show, so maybe $1k more. all these are guess work, we will know by 4pm on Wed. 

This year car show like haven't announce their sales volume  [laugh]

• Praise 4

This year car show like haven't announce their sales volume [laugh]

There is different between have not and dare not . Or maybe they are contemplating number laundering Haha.

Actually your answer is not 100% also.

You see, new quota is based on number of deregistrations. Correct? So now the question is, how many of the those who deregistered their cars are looking for new cars? That is crucial.

Cos you can have 10000 deregistrations per month but all 10000 are looking for new cars. That leaves nothing for new car buyers and trade ins (but never deregistered their car).

So while quota is something to discuss over, what is also important is how many of those deregistering are NOT buying new cars and how non car owners are aspiring to own one (pent up demand) and how many people trade in their cars for new ones as opposed to scrap first then buy new car.

Two cents.

There will be a period in 2019 where the deregister number will drop fairly big vs previous month.

That will be the best time to buy as supply is still big but demand is low.

Don’t miss the last boat.

This year car show like haven't announce their sales volume  [laugh]

Think they don't bother to announce already... 

This year car show like haven't announce their sales volume [laugh]

I heard from the radio, "This car show helps to increase sales by about 30% from normal". Dunno what they exactly mean though
↡ Advertisement