Car hit by fallen tree? NParks may cover claim

Purezazn

Trees are nice,

But they should not be planted less than 100m away from roads.

That means no stupid watering or pruning in the expressways fastest lanes, causing slow down and accidents.

If that were the case then there will be very few trees in Singapore

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Trees are nice,

That means no stupid watering or pruning in the expressways fastest lanes, causing slow down and accidents.

Not the fault of trees and n Park.

Is the insurance industry in whole at fault. Insurance should pay out without question ask.

What "alive and healthy"! Absurd stupid reasoning!

Trees are nice,

Agree. all the roads are filled with trees. Really stupid.

Not the fault of trees and n Park.

Is the insurance industry in whole at fault. Insurance should pay out without question ask.

What "alive and healthy"! Absurd stupid reasoning!

You have to be fair, if everything also cover, insurers won't want to offer the insurance liao.

Reminds me of a line from a certain pink shirt fellow about admitting their mistakes and taking responsibility. Seems like his message didn't go down the chain to the rest of govt?

• Praise 1

You have to be fair, if everything also cover, insurers won't want to offer the insurance liao.

Reminds me of a line from a certain pink shirt fellow about admitting their mistakes and taking responsibility. Seems like his message didn't go down the chain to the rest of govt?

Disagreed on the insurance part.

They are there for a reason. To pool risk management. If n Park is paying premium to insured against trees than it should be payout as long as those trees caused damages to property. On the other hand if accident caused damages to N Park trees we are liable to (insurance)compensate them as well.

Edited by Kopites

Lawyer Chia Boon Teck of Chia Wong LLP said: "In most cases, fallen trees would be covered by motor insurance as an Act of God so the motorist may claim insurance. Alternatively, the motorist may make a claim against the tree owner, whether NParks or the town council, but it will not be easy to prove their negligence."

If you don't want to claim against your motor insurance that covers it, then you make your choice to try the harder way to get money from someone else. Your choice.

I agree woth the lawyer chia... my oc car (bought 2nd hand at 9.5yrs) was summoned for modified exhaust which I refused to pay as we had the LTA pass cert at 9yrs

After 6 months of email, calls and a visit to LTA (car also scrapped liao), I found out the reason why failed was because the previous inspection pictures was not clear so they could not tally the serial number when inspecting my oc car... But there was no conclusive evidence that it is not the same exhaust

It was a long , arduous and troublesome process and you need to know how to lead these people to reveal what you need to know

• Praise 1

Disagreed on the insurance part.

They are there for a reason. To pool risk management. If n Park is paying premium to insured against trees than it should be payout as long as those trees caused damages to property. On the other hand if accident caused damages to N Park trees we are liable to (insurance)compensate them as well.

Insurance got tnc, do you know whether it cover all damages, or only if tree is unhealthy/rotting? Even normal car insurance, not all will cover act of god such as flooding. If insurance doesn't cover, it doesn't make sense for them to have to pay.

Regardless Nparks got public liability cover, it’s Npark responsibility to compensate victim of fallen tree.

Similar to all owners of landed property, it’s owner responsibility to compensate victim of fallen tree.

The only diff is out of whose pocket

PL policy pays when insured is proven or deemed negligent ......... and insurer always pays ‘on goodwill’. Otherwise, claim own insurance if policy covers.

• Praise 1

You think that pink-shirted fellow believed his own words in the first place?

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Poor tree, look at the trunk, so thin and tall with the crown so heavy. I am sure the roots have no where to grow. How not to topple? 

Nparks will tell you that their tree is healthy and in good condition again. And they could not control the weather.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, Macrosszero said:

If that were the case then there will be very few trees in Singapore

If u increase the number of trees planted would save gaia? Better to plant trees on roof TOP of hdb estates don’t need large angsana type just light small trees or wall plants would help heaps of cooling the temperature of the building 

30 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If u increase the number of trees planted would save gaia? Better to plant trees on roof TOP of hdb estates don’t need large angsana type just light small trees or wall plants would help heaps of cooling the temperature of the building 

Helps to breed mosquitoes too.