Car hit by fallen tree? NParks may cover claim

Purezazn

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Nparks will tell you that their tree is healthy and in good condition again. And they could not control the weather.

Spot on! Typical of civil service. 

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Nparks will tell you that their tree is healthy and in good condition again. And they could not control the weather.

On a serious note, look at the condition of the tree, more than half the branches of the tree have no leaves, the root also seems quite bad  , no new  small root except the few miserable large ones that have been snapped, indicating that the tree was at the verge of dying  for a while, Npark didnt take action quick enough to remove the tree. 

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

On a serious note, look at the condition of the tree, more than half the branches of the tree have no leaves, the root also seems quite bad  , no new  small root except the few miserable large ones that have been snapped, indicating that the tree was at the verge of dying  for a while, Npark didnt take action quick enough to remove the tree. 

Whenever trees fell, so far i think never see Nparks admitted that their trees are bad, thats why the tree fell and hit someone or some vehicle lo?!

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I don't think NPark has so many employees to walk around. But I thought we have very active CCC or RC members? What are these people doing? Walkabout with MP only ? It is like what they should do didn't do, what don't need them they are everywhere.  Haha

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

I don't think NPark has so many employees to walk around. But I thought we have very active CCC or RC members? What are these people doing? Walkabout with MP only ? It is like what they should do didn't do, what don't need them they are everywhere.  Haha

Actually the more effective way should be for the public to alert them of potentially dangerous trees, maybe we all should try that and see how it goes, I will start to report unhealthy trees if I see any from now on. 

21 hours ago, 13177 said:

after kanna profma against you.. heheheh

ok.. what you need to do here is ensure at the point of the accident to keep the branch of the tree. Obviously, if the tree has fallen and too huge to keep in your boot, you need t call NEA and take the picture.

What NEA does next is to inspect the tree to check on rotting. They will also pull up the schedule of the tree for maintenance as well as get the contractor to verify that work was done.

The problem arises when the cutting and pruning of trees are done and residents compliant of noise is when there will be schedule disruption and everything turns topsy turvy with everyone's fault and nobodies fault.

Insurance claim kicks in after the Metrior services provide a report and it is furnished to the insurance before a claim is processed. As you all know this is like discussing religion now. Whether it Christian or Buddhist, it's entirely a discussion and it quickly results in a decision where you may or may not get the claim.

11 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

CCC and RC dont check trees lo. Dont think it is their job. Lol.

15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Actually the more effective way should be for the public to alert them of potentially dangerous trees, maybe we all should try that and see how it goes, I will start to report unhealthy trees if I see any from now on. 

We are not expert le, we might think that tree is unhealthy but Nparks might think otherwise?! 🙄 I think Nparks got say before that they have daily maintenance on all their trees. Thats why when trees fell, they always say their trees no problem. Lol.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

We are not expert le, we might think that tree is unhealthy but Nparks might think otherwise?! 🙄 I think Nparks got say before that they have daily maintenance on all their trees. Thats why when trees fell, they always say their trees no problem. Lol.

Agree we are not expert but ee can highlight to them, they make the final decision after their expert assessment. In hokkian we say have better than dont have.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, 13177 said:

Whenever trees fell, so far i think never see Nparks admitted that their trees are bad, thats why the tree fell and hit someone or some vehicle lo?!

easier to blame the gods... as in act of god. you go sue god. base on the insurance writings

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

you see, even in close proximity also this can happen

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/huge-tembusu-tree-falls-at-botanic-gardens-1-dead-4-injured

1 killed, 4 injured after huge Tembusu tree falls at Botanic Gardens

While this is an old case, how to argue negligence ? 

Its just unfortunate is all I can say.

42 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Definitely we should but hor, if people a anyhow report, NPark cannot cope even in today context they are not able to respond liao.

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, 13177 said:

CCC and RC dont check trees lo. Dont think it is their job. Lol.

I know, they only responsible to ensure MP visit is swee swee poon pee pee.

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

you see, even in close proximity also this can happen

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/huge-tembusu-tree-falls-at-botanic-gardens-1-dead-4-injured

1 killed, 4 injured after huge Tembusu tree falls at Botanic Gardens

While this is an old case, how to argue negligence ? 

Its just unfortunate is all I can say.

Nparks also say this old tree at botanic gardens in pink of health lo.

Few years ago along Bkt. Timah a branch fell, bounced off my bonnet, hit the top of my windscreen and disappeared.

"Tree is healthy...… very bad weather." etc.

In the end I got an insurance quote and sent to NEA or NP and got $200 to cover the damage, after a few tries.

My friend is of the opinion that our trees are not planted with deep roots. That has resulted in tree toppled when face with strong wind

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement