Car hit by fallen tree? NParks may cover claim

Purezazn

31 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Few years ago along Bkt. Timah a branch fell, bounced off my bonnet, hit the top of my windscreen and disappeared.

"Tree is healthy...… very bad weather." etc.

In the end I got an insurance quote and sent to NEA or NP and got $200 to cover the damage, after a few tries.

Covered only $200? Not full claim from NP?

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

My friend is of the opinion that our trees are not planted with deep roots. That has resulted in tree toppled when face with strong wind

I agreed.. many of the trees are "transported" and planted. 

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

I agreed.. many of the trees are "transported" and planted. 

it is very difficult to replant a grown up trees and keeping it alive, therefore those that are transported are relatively young trees.  As a plant grows , its root will follow gravity to grow downwards(of course side way as well). Depending on the plant,  some  roots can go as deep as many meters, there is no way to plant a tree so deep down when it is still young. 

• Praise 2

21 hours ago, 13177 said:

Covered only $200? Not full claim from NP?

It was most, almost all, the claim.

My bonnet had a few "wrinkle" where the branch bounced and I could believe the repair company would just "fill'n'spray" but it was more to do with principle. It wasn't my fault so why should I be burdened?

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

it is very difficult to replant a grown up trees and keeping it alive, therefore those that are transported are relatively young trees.  As a plant grows , its root will follow gravity to grow downwards(of course side way as well). Depending on the plant,  some  roots can go as deep as many meters, there is no way to plant a tree so deep down when it is still young. 

It’s possible. Need to invest microbial solution 

On 7/3/2023 at 12:40 PM, Blueray said:

Passenger trapped after huge tree pins car on PIE, another tree falls on shophouse in Tiong Bahru

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-massive-trees-fall-in-tiong-bahru-toa-payoh

trees were last inspected on DDMMYY and found to be healthy ? [;)]

On 7/3/2023 at 2:58 PM, RadX said:

They busy clearing mozzies at that place la😂

Likely under younger Arborist care.

Young ppl usually not so on the ball.

While riding a car we need to take care especially when we driving and have trees on both sides. So, maybe there is a chance of some bunch of trees falling and instantly we need to apply the brake, or sometimes we are on speed and some bunch falls on our car windshield - its type of an accident if we understand it clearly. It's like an accident so we can claim with our insurance company it's not a man-made condition but it looks more like a natural way of an accident, to save from this scenario someone at least has car insurance.

↡ Advertisement