Car hit by fallen tree? NParks may cover claim

Purezazn

Suay max. Go there to enjoy the weekend evening, end up being crushed. Life is really unpredictable.

万般带不走,只有业随身。

P.S. Apologies to non-Chinese forummers, this doesn't translate well in English.

Tembusu in botanic gdns fell

1 injured

Tembusu tree falls at Singapore Botanic Gardens, at least 1 injured

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tembusu-tree-falls-at-singapore-botanic-gardens-at-least-1/3511142.html

RIP to the deceased .... and hope the injured get well soon ....

And hope the govt can make the necessary arrangements to help the deceased's family to cope during this difficult period ...

• Praise 3

News reported that big tree just fell wthin 5 sec! This is so scary. I always thought all trees in Botanic Gardens are well taken care of! 

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

In another country, a lawsuit is in order and would bring out what really happened and what more could be done, even after a storm. 

Here just another suay event. 

• Praise 1

News reported that big tree just fell wthin 5 sec! This is so scary. I always thought all trees in Botanic Gardens are well taken care of!

Damn, the botanic gardens is a favorite for me and my family though i moved out of the neighborhood since 2009.

Use to go almost everyday. There are many old trees and they should really be examined and treated properly. Especially those which are around the hotspots where events are held and people gather.

For a tree to come crashing down like that, without lightning, it probably means the insides are all bad already.

Really unfortunate for the folks there.

I was there this morning till afternoon 12 pm. Was very windy, even sit near the area... can tell some roots of the tree is really bad..May the poor lady rest in peace.

Guess whoever is the director of Botanic Gardens or even the Chief Exec of NParks gonna hentak-kaki soon in terms of civil service career progression...

Guess whoever is the director of Botanic Gardens or even the Chief Exec of NParks gonna hentak-kaki soon in terms of civil service career progression...

As usual, just like MRT CEO, the blame can be pushed down to the lowest ranks.

Life goes on for the top.

• Praise 1

As usual, just like MRT CEO, the blame can be pushed down to the lowest ranks.

Life goes on for the top.

Oh yes maybe you are right..tomolo NParks will fire the poor gardener who was in charge of pruning that particular felled tree that morning... :confident:

Oh yes maybe you are right..tomolo NParks will fire the poor gardener who was in charge of pruning that particular felled tree that morning... :confident:

Don't be surprised if they really do it.

So far no apologies or nothing had been expressed by the top management, to the affected families.

Typical SG style. No human compassionate touch....

Edited by Jusnel

Damn, the botanic gardens is a favorite for me and my family though i moved out of the neighborhood since 2009.

Use to go almost everyday. There are many old trees and they should really be examined and treated properly. Especially those which are around the hotspots where events are held and people gather.

For a tree to come crashing down like that, without lightning, it probably means the insides are all bad already.

Really unfortunate for the folks there.

Botanic gardens is a favorite spot for many people, esp the area where the tree fell. Many people like to gather at that area to picnic or relax. Now it happened such thing, really have fear the surrounding trees in good condition or not? If the fallen tree inside really all bad already, dont think such thing would happened overnight, so i wonder why they did not detect it?

I am sure none here trying to put blame on any parties. However many here do agreed that botanical garden will be the last place we expect to see tree toppled. We were awarded the world heritage award last year. I am sure plantation are well taken care as compare to other parts of Singapore. The management will need to dig deep how such tragedy happened.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Botanic gardens is a favorite spot for many people, esp the area where the tree fell. Many people like to gather at that area to picnic or relax. Now it happened such thing, really have fear the surrounding trees in good condition or not? If the fallen tree inside really all bad already, dont think such thing would happened overnight, so i wonder why they did not detect it?

Could also be healthy tree. . But weakened soil due to recent rain. Their root system quite shallow one.
  • Praise 3

Could also be healthy tree. . But weakened soil due to recent rain. Their root system quite shallow one.

Yeah could be that too.

Does anyone know the the tree fell?

↡ Advertisement