2020 2nd Generation Mercedes-Benz CLA (C118)

DACH

SPIED! MERCEDES-BENZ CLA SHEDS SOME CAMO

https://www.motortrend.com/news/spied-mercedes-benz-cla-sheds-some-camo/

725d8c27-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

f82a5113-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

Just a few months ago, our spy photographers caught a next-generation CLA prototype out testing, possibly in AMG form. Now, the CLA has returned wearing a different grille and less camouflage.

Though that earlier prototype appeared to wear Mercedes-AMG's Panamericana grille, this CLA sports a front end inspired by the CLS-Class. The camouflage obscures the shape of the headlights, but the LED accents look similar to those of its swoopy big brother. It's also safe to say the taillights have changed. Unless the camo is fooling us, the rear end looks more upright than before. Overall, the new model looks longer than its predecessor.

A few interior shots reveal a more streamlined cabin. This prototype features one large screen that runs across the dashboard, replacing the two separate screens for the instrument cluster and infotainment system. The circular vents take on a different look, and there is now a simpler array of buttons just below. Red contrast stitching and a flat-bottom steering wheel hint at AMG roots, but this car doesn't look like an AMG from the exterior. It's possible Mercedes will offer some sort of AMG interior package, or that this prototype is just a mixed bag of parts.

According to Autocar, Mercedes has confirmed it will launch the CLA and CLA Shooting Brake next year. We don't know Mercedes' exact plans for the U.S. market, but the model will likely slot above the new A-Class with a sleeker coupe-like profile. The interiors of the A-Class and CLA should be very similar.

The CLA could share engines and gearboxes with the A-Class. Our A-Class comes with a 2.0-liter turbo-four making 188 hp and 221 lb-ft of torque, which is paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic. An AMG version of the A-Class is also very likely coming to the U.S., although it's unclear how much power it will make.

Photo source: CarPix

ea30f1ed-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

0d682399-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

438c89a0-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

b3241a1e-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

85cbea05-2019-mercedes-cla-less-camo-spi

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2020 mercedes CLA? So only available in year 2020?

Model year 2020 la.

Probably sell by next year.

Actually I don’t see why those who buy entry level Benz, BMW, Audi are labelled as badge whores. Not everyone can afford a higher end model of these premium makes but they may appreciate the technology, design, drive of these cars so does that make them badge whores? I don’t see it as this.

Those who label these buyers as badge whores are normally those who bought these premium brands and don’t like it when the brand gets diluted by entry level models which makes it more affordable for the masses.

• Praise 6

badge whores fall in!

Maybe “badge aspirants “ word would be more appropriate ...... anyway you rent the badge for 10 years only
  • Praise 2

Actually I don’t see why those who buy entry level Benz, BMW, Audi are labelled as badge whores. Not everyone can afford a higher end model of these premium makes but they may appreciate the technology, design, drive of these cars so does that make them badge whores? I don’t see it as this.

Those who label these buyers as badge whores are normally those who bought these premium brands and don’t like it when the brand gets diluted by entry level models which makes it more affordable for the masses.

Entry level of premium car are really barebone.

Without moving beyond entry level, can enjoy those things you mentioned?

badge whores fall in!

That would be more appropriate for those who deleted the model designation at the back. For example, those F30 318i (to mask it's 3 cylinder engine) lol Edited by Ceecookie

There's still a CLA? I thought it was replaced by the A class sedan.

ya, will be weird to sell cla alongside A sedan. 

but then again bmw has 3er and 4er gran coupe. Guess the stylish model will be marketed with better specs

ya, will be weird to sell cla alongside A sedan.

but then again bmw has 3er and 4er gran coupe. Guess the stylish model will be marketed with better specs

Wrong comparison la

1 series sedan and 2 series GC

Wrong comparison la

1 series sedan and 2 series GC

1er sedan and 2er gc? here in singapore?

i know 3er and 4er gc are not direct competitors to A sedan and cla but they are the closest in terms of relation to each other

Entry level of premium car are really barebone.

Without moving beyond entry level, can enjoy those things you mentioned?

Why not? Drive is still better than normal cars, look is subjective of course n for my entry level car it’s is luxury model so I get almost all the frills just no IL6 but these days only the top end premium cars have this. Even the mid range ones are on 4 cylinders.

Anyway, IL6 is not the be all n end all of driving a premium car although obviously u will disagree. So tell me what I’m missing other than your usual IL6 talk?

• Praise 2

Why not? Drive is still better than normal cars, look is subjective n for my entry level car it’s is luxury model so I get almost all the frills just no IL6 but these days only the top end premium cars have this. Even the mid range ones are on 4 cylinders.

Anyway, IL6 is not the be all n end all of driving a premium car although obviously u will disagree. So tell me what I’m missing other than your usual IL6 talk?

Of course better if you compare to non premium brand. Why are you comparing against non premium brand?

I rem 1 of the thing that turns me off is super small idrive screen. It doesn’t look that premium.

If buy M340 barebone, I can understand.

By the way I will be surprised if BMW able to fit IL6 in transverse config.

Edited by Davidtch

Of course better if you compare to non premium brand. Why are you comparing against non premium brand?

I rem 1 of the thing that turns me off is super small idrive screen. It doesn’t look that premium.

If buy M340 barebone, I can understand.

By the way I will be surprised if BMW able to fit IL6 in transverse config.

My post is on why buying an entry level premium brand is called a badge whore which is the context of my original post. It is u who is comparing an entry level model against a higher end one which is silly to say the least. Obviously I will have to compare with an equivalent model of other brands before buying then it will be an Apple to Apple comparison.

So u think buying an entry level premium brand is a badge whore?

• Praise 2

My post is on why buying an entry level premium brand is called a badge whore which is the context of my original post. It is u who is comparing an entry level model against a higher end one which is silly to say the least. Obviously I will have to compare with an equivalent model of other brands before buying then it will be an Apple to Apple comparison.

So u think buying an entry level premium brand is a badge whore?

What to compare if all cars within the price range of premium brand is barebone.

Other than value of the badge, I don’t see the value of buying those model.

↡ Advertisement