New 6th Generation BMW 7 Series (G11 / G12)

Carbon82

People buy BMW for the drive, the 50/50 weight distribution, the balance handling, the uncompromised driving dynamics... not for its gimmicks.

You are not talking about Singapore BMW buyers hor? What what what weight distribution, handling balance ....... most just want the Badge.

↡ Advertisement

You are not talking about Singapore BMW buyers hor? What what what weight distribution, handling balance ....... most just want the Badge.

if just want the badge, buy Merc.

no need to Bring More Worries home.

Hope can see this new model 7 series the next singapore motor show.

Btw: recently borrowed a 9 yr old 7 series, sorry not familiar which model, find it still good experience driving it, comes with old GPS and auto tailgate...but not sure if i saw it correctly, i think i saw on the car dashboard a slot to play video cassete player! (thought even car cassete player already difficult to find...hehe).

if just want the badge, buy Merc.

no need to Bring More Worries home.  

Personally prefer the Merc logo too....esp the classic type where can see the star while driving.

(edited)

Hope can see this new model 7 series the next singapore motor show.

Btw: recently borrowed a 9 yr old 7 series, sorry not familiar which model, find it still good experience driving it, comes with old GPS and auto tailgate...but not sure if i saw it correctly, i think i saw on the car dashboard a slot to play video cassete player! (thought even car cassete player already difficult to find...hehe).

Personally prefer the Merc logo too....esp the classic type where can see the star while driving.

The new 7 series has already landed on our shore, saw the first shipment at PML warehouse last week. The car look sleeker in metal, and spot a more upmarket look than the outgoing model. Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

of cos I know if for home with garage. what I mean is the garage so small meh? so rich to buy bmw but home the garage so small? I do agree some cant do parallel and the function will more function if it can do but not just for head in head out thing

I think this function also is meant to serve as like a semi-chauffeur function... you drive the car to where you're going... you get out at the lobby entrance or w/e, then the car go search for a parking space on its own...

• Praise 1

(edited)

New business opportunity for PI (cheaper 7er)?

BMW Commences Production Of New 7-Series In Indonesia

If you think all BMWs are manufactured in Germany, well, think again: it's not just the US, where the SUVs are made, but Indonesia, too, and the local assembly line has just started rolling out the latest 7-Series for Asian markets. 

By commencing assembly of the flagship sedan locally, the automaker is looking to steal a piece of the pie in the full-size luxury vehicle segment, as they are now able to reduce costs and distribute the car faster across Southeast Asia, Reuters writes. 

"We are very positive about the future of Indonesia and therefore we also see an increased potential in the luxury market", said BMW Group Asia Managing Director, Axel Pannes, on the sidelines of the media launch of the 7-Series in Jakarta earlier this week. 

The full-size luxury sedan isn’t the company's first model to be put together in Indonesia, but the latest addition to the local lineup, which saw an investment of more than 210 billion rupiah ($15.5 million) over the last five years. Foreing automakers are offered incentives by the government to produce vehicles domestically, something which has led to the involvement of local suppliers, too.

bmw-7-series-indonesia.jpgbmw-7-series-indonesia.jpgbmw-7-series-indonesia.jpg
Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 7

New business opportunity for PI (cheaper 7er)?

BMW Commences Production Of New 7-Series In Indonesia

If you think all BMWs are manufactured in Germany, well, think again: it's not just the US, where the SUVs are made, but Indonesia, too, and the local assembly line has just started rolling out the latest 7-Series for Asian markets. 

By commencing assembly of the flagship sedan locally, the automaker is looking to steal a piece of the pie in the full-size luxury vehicle segment, as they are now able to reduce costs and distribute the car faster across Southeast Asia, Reuters writes. 

"We are very positive about the future of Indonesia and therefore we also see an increased potential in the luxury market", said BMW Group Asia Managing Director, Axel Pannes, on the sidelines of the media launch of the 7-Series in Jakarta earlier this week. 

The full-size luxury sedan isn’t the company's first model to be put together in Indonesia, but the latest addition to the local lineup, which saw an investment of more than 210 billion rupiah ($15.5 million) over the last five years. Foreing automakers are offered incentives by the government to produce vehicles domestically, something which has led to the involvement of local suppliers, too.

bmw-7-series-indonesia.jpgbmw-7-series-indonesia.jpgbmw-7-series-indonesia.jpg

PML will flood the market with the airshow discounted 7 series 

• Praise 1

would people really buy a made in Indonesia 7 series compared to a made in Germany 7 series?

It may end up like Vezel and HR V, PM forced by manufacturer to sell made in asian version and PI import from Germany.
  • Praise 1

It may end up like Vezel and HR V, PM forced by manufacturer to sell made in asian version and PI import from Germany.

I don't see buyers boycotting German cars are made in Africa so far leh
  • Praise 1

Any feedback on the G11 730i? Tested it together with the 740i and thought that the drive on the 730i was very decent and the ride comfortable. Although $9k is about 2% of the total purchase price, I'm not sure about paying the $9k for the L model for either 730 or 740 as I felt that it made the car a bit more clumsy ... and I am the chauffeur (to the kids) and not being chauffeured [laugh].

• Praise 3

Any feedback on the G11 730i? Tested it together with the 740i and thought that the drive on the 730i was very decent and the ride comfortable. Although $9k is about 2% of the total purchase price, I'm not sure about paying the $9k for the L model for either 730 or 740 as I felt that it made the car a bit more clumsy ... and I am the chauffeur (to the kids) and not being chauffeured [laugh].

At this price point I have to assume u can well afford it so go for the car YOU like...
  • Praise 2

I personally prefer the Audi A4 compared to the F30 but comparing the G11 to the Audi A8, I will go for the G11 for the following key reasons:

1) Although the exterior looks of G11 is not revolutionary compared to F01, IMO it looks better than the A8 which looks quite dated;

2) I felt the drive on the G11 was more engaging compared to the A8 and this was the case too on the 730 G11 which is a mere 4 cylinder compared to A8 which is fitted on a V6 (of course 730 will not be creamy smooth when revved);

3) Great UI for the iDrive compared to the MMI;

4) I believe the BMW badge will have a higher/better resale compared to the 4-rings.

BMW vs the latest audi who win?

• Praise 4