Johor Bahru-Singapore RTS link

Blueray

Supercharged

S$180 million contract awarded for construction of JB-Singapore RTS Link viaduct, tunnels

Construction for the RTS Link viaduct and tunnels is expected to begin in the second quarter of this year.

When completed, the viaduct will stand 25m above the Johor Strait within Singapore’s territory and continue inland where it will transition to underground tunnels leading to the RTS Link Woodlands North station, said LTA.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/rts-link-johor-bahru-singapore-second-civil-contract-awarded-14067504

rts-link-viaduct-1.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Malaysia's rail chief moots enabling speedy clearance for travellers on JB-Singapore RTS

For this to work, Malaysia and Singapore would have to innovate and adopt a new workflow for border checks in the respective terminal stations at Bukit Chagar and Woodlands North of the Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link, the chief executive of Mass Rapid Transit Corp Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) told The Business Times (BT) in an interview.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/malaysias-rail-chief-moots-enabling-speedy-clearance-for-travellers-on-jb-singapore-rts

Malaysia announces winning design for Johor-S'pore RTS Link station in Bukit Chagar

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-announces-winning-design-for-johor-spore-rts-link-station

af_design1_190221.jpg

af_design2_190221.jpg

On 2/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, Blueray said:

af_design2_190221.jpg

Picture not accurate leh

No Ramly burger stall, no double parked cars, no teksi touts, etc.....

26 minutes ago, Soya said:

Picture not accurate leh

Picture is correct. You'll see exactly that when you reincarnate in year 3021...😁

• Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Soya said:

Picture not accurate leh

Whoa, this is so yesterday.

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Outside Current CIQ also don't have Ramly Burger stall le.

Do you guys ever take bus to JB?

my usual way across is using bus 170.

quite ok lei.

• Praise 1

Long time ago I took the SG-JB bus to Larkin Sentral often. Depart from Victoria Street near Bugis. My poly friends and myself go there eat,  watch movie, buy illegal CD/DVD. Very cheap back then.

I also took the KTM train with my wife and children cos it is a first for all of us. My kids requested it. 

We never see the things Soya mentioned.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, Blueray said:

my usual way across is using bus 170.

quite ok lei.

If you take it all the way from Queen St, it is a long ride.

From Woodland CIQ, I will take whatever bus leaves immediately.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If you take it all the way from Queen St, it is a long ride.

From Woodland CIQ, I will take whatever bus leaves immediately.

no lah, not from Queen St.

start from Bt Panjang MRT station or Kranji MRT station. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

no lah, not from Queen St.

start from Bt Panjang MRT station or Kranji MRT station. 

The JB Causeway Link ("yellow bus" we call it)? I take to Jurong East bus terminal, nearest to my place and then take mrt home.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The JB Causeway Link ("yellow bus" we call it)? I take to Jurong East bus terminal, nearest to my place and then take mrt home.

I think another route is from Newton hawker centre.

the bus drivers are 2F2F one, should be very fast. :XD:

good thing about buses is they can cut queue on causeway. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I know it has buses going to Changi Airport, Kranji mrt station, Newton Circus, Jurong East bus terminal, etc.

Yeah, their bus drivers are very good. Reach the destination in no time.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Long time ago I took the SG-JB bus to Larkin Sentral often. Depart from Victoria Street near Bugis. My poly friends and myself go there eat,  watch movie, buy illegal CD/DVD. Very cheap back then.

I also took the KTM train with my wife and children cos it is a first for all of us. My kids requested it. 

We never see the things Soya mentioned.

How long time ago was that?

7 hours ago, Blueray said:

Yeap. Thatz CW5. I took this bus a quite few times liao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

S$320 million in contracts awarded for works on Johor Bahru-Singapore RTS Link

Nine contracts worth about RM1 billion (S$320 million) were recently awarded for systems works on the Johor Bahru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link, said operator RTS Operations. 

Of the nine contracts, four are for core systems, with China’s CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co awarded the contract for rolling stock while German firm Siemens Mobility won the contract for signalling system and platform screen doors. Malaysia’s Sapura Rail Systems was awarded the contract for the communications and integrated supervisory control systems. 

The remaining non-core system contracts were awarded for trackwork, traction power supply, uninterruptible power supply, automatic fare collection, as well as depot equipment and service vehicles. 

A systems consultancy contract had also earlier been awarded to engineering firm CH2M Services to deliver consultancy services for the design, manufacturing, delivery, testing and commissioning of all systems for the RTS line, RTS Operations said. 

The RTS Link is expected to cost around RM10 billion (S$3.25 billion), with Singapore bearing 61 per cent of the cost.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/320-million-contracts-rts-link-14794292

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1