Cars Scrapped at Scrap Yard

sHy3r

I went to Woodland scrap yard to look for my Subaru re-cond power steering pump few week ago. Saw 2 show room condition register in 2015 Mazda 6 2.5L and Jetta been scrap due to high COE. The scrap yard uncle told me they have scrapped countless Mazda 6 last year. What is waste. :a-no:

They really scrapped those cars or they export out? If really scrap into metal pieces, really wasted. but 2015 coe think around 55k? Consider high coe?

Wonder why these 2015 cars not sell in used car market?

↡ Advertisement

They really scrapped those cars or they export out? If really scrap into metal pieces, really wasted. but 2015 coe think around 55k? Consider high coe?

The scrap yard told me no demand for Mazda 6 and Jetta for export and pointed to me the half cut Mazda 6 on their back yard.

• Praise 2

There are 3 types of export:

1. Export complete (price usually higher)

2. Cut and Export (subject to make & model, prices still acceptable)

3. Spare Parts Export (lousiest price)

Cat 1: Mainly high end/ super cars

Cat 2: Generally basic contis, japs and some koreans

Cat 3: Sunny, Latio, Stream, Airwave, Picanto, Getz, Spark, China Makes, Malaysia Makes (just to name a few)

Hope it helps

• Praise 4

The scrap yard told me no demand for Mazda 6 and Jetta for export and pointed to me the half cut Mazda 6 on their back yard.

3 years plus car cut into half really wasted.  :o

Turbocharged

3 years plus car cut into half really wasted.  :o

If you look around our neighboring countries, most of them manufacture their own cars (toyota, honda, nissan, etc) for domestic markets. Buying a car in other countries is like buying a fridge. Now why would I want to buy a 2nd hand fridge from another country which cost almost the same or more expensive than it would bought brand new in their own country??

You see our common cars on the road like Vios, Altis, Civic, Vezel. These are cheaply available in our region. No country will want to buy them in complete form 2nd hand. Plus the import tax, shipping, etc. Unless of course it's a premium sports car like Audi R8, BMW M5, Mercedes AMG, etc.

• Praise 3

If you look around our neighboring countries, most of them manufacture their own cars (toyota, honda, nissan, etc) for domestic markets. Buying a car in other countries is like buying a fridge. Now why would I want to buy a 2nd hand fridge from another country which cost almost the same or more expensive than it would bought brand new in their own country??

You see our common cars on the road like Vios, Altis, Civic, Vezel. These are cheaply available in our region. No country will want to buy them in complete form 2nd hand. Plus the import tax, shipping, etc. Unless of course it's a premium sports car like Audi R8, BMW M5, Mercedes AMG, etc.

Maybe sell to 3rd world countries

Cut & Export and Spareparts Export normally goes to South Africa /Pakistan /Nigeria /Syria just to name a few.

Complete High End/Super Cars goes to "richer" middle east, Australia, New Zealand. Of cos some end up in Thailand and Malaysia (unorthodox methods)

There are.a lot of used car imported from Japan to Malaysia.

Look up here: https://www.mudah.my under Recon.

When I traded in my 4 year old Jap car in 2007, I was offered just the COE value and PARF which added to about $36-38k. The car was subsequently deregistered, not sure whether it was sold to Sri Lanka or chopped.

I paid  $65-68k (can't remember actual) for the car. There was no market in the second hand car scene because a new car (same model) cost $50-plus grands due to the drop in COE to <$15k.

Who would pay above $36-38k for a four year old car?

When I traded in my 4 year old Jap car in 2007, I was offered just the COE value and PARF which added to about $36-38k. The car was subsequently deregistered, not sure whether it was sold to Sri Lanka or chopped.

I paid  $65-68k (can't remember actual) for the car. There was no market in the second hand car scene because a new car (same model) cost $50-plus grands due to the drop in COE to <$15k.

Who would pay above $36-38k for a four year old car?

During that era indeed most cars even it is less than 5 year old got deregistered, not many cars were sold in 2nd hand market. That time people change their car every 2-4 years de. I remember there are many cars less than 3 year old on 2nd hand market.

I look at it this way, if you conti car is worthy of renewing or value added due to demand and supply, you may consider renew, if not just scrap coz chances of motorist looking to buy 8/9 years old car are highly resourceful unless its cheaper than dealer.

On the contrary if you car are Sushi and Kimchi, might as well consider renew the COE, for 5 years at least taking in consideration of higher taxes, insurance, annual inspection and maintenance etc., these cars are expected to last over 200-300km.

I will consider to scrap my car, by sending it myself. Cause car dealers said it only get back Coe rebate, no additional amount given, even I buy new car from them.. They said will help me deregister and send to scrapyard. But actually they are using it to rent out..

• Praise 1

I will consider to scrap my car, by sending it myself. Cause car dealers said it only get back Coe rebate, no additional amount given, even I buy new car from them.. They said will help me deregister and send to scrapyard. But actually they are using it to rent out.. ð¤ð

They have the option of renewing COE if they can find buyers. There is a grace period for this.

I will consider to scrap my car, by sending it myself. Cause car dealers said it only get back Coe rebate, no additional amount given, even I buy new car from them.. They said will help me deregister and send to scrapyard. But actually they are using it to rent out..

• Praise 1

Easy to scrap the car yourself la, no need car dealers to do it for you.

Dealer takes a cut 'helping' u to scrap your car. Its better to diy. Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5