Aloysius Pang dies after SAF trg Ex in New Zealand

Hmsg

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/liu-kais-death-bionix-driver-did-not-hear-repeated-orders-stop-reversing

External Review Panel on SAF Safety (ERPSS)

The members of the External Review Panel on SAF Safety are:

Mr Heng Chiang Gnee [Chairman]

Director, MMA Offshore Ltd

Chairman, Workplace Safety and Health Council (Apr 2016 - Mar 2018)

Ms Kala Anandarajah

Partner, Head Competition and Antitrust and Trade, Rajah and Tann Singapore LLP.

Mr Chan Yew Kwong

Director (Special Duties), Occupational Safety and Health Division, Ministry of

Manpower

Mr Chia Ngiang Hong

Group General Manager, City Development Ltd

Associate Professor Chui Yoon Ping

Head of Programme (Human Factors in Safety), School of Science & Technology,

Singapore University of Social Sciences

Associate Professor Goh Yang Miang

Department of Building, School of Design and Environment, NUS

Brigadier-General (NS) Ishak Ismail

Director Business Development (Asia Pacific), BAE Systems Hagglunds AB

Associate Professor Lim Beng Chong

Division of Strategy, Management & Organisation, Nanyang Business School

Professor Lim Shih Hui

Senior Consultant Neurologist, National Neuroscience Institute & Singapore General

Hospital

Mr Ajay Mishra

Vice President Risk and Safety Management, SATS Ltd

Dr Jukka Takala

President, International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH)

Mr Yam Ah Mee

Chief Executive Officer, SembCorp Design and Construction Pte Ltd

In my humble opinion the external panel on SAF Safety is really a joke.

You telling me eg Mr Yam Ah Mee has the intimate knowledge and independent understanding of the SOP of our specific military division, the short-comings of our land rover and Bionix, the weather condition that may affect transmission of commands etc

Majority are part of the establishment and are not truly independent.

My point is NOT to criticize our authorities BUT here is the greatest opportunity for them to make what was previous "wrong" right just before election BUT they have to waste it again.

Then again our public will accept it wholesale without doubts.

May be they purposely appoint such people as yam ah mee etc do not know much about the workings of the saf. Therefore Mr yam and the rest will not query too much

Yam Ah Mee...the returning officer for GE??

Bingo lor
  • Praise 1

Very serious allagations u make.. Swee

They forget that the era of LKY is over and now the younger generation needs a different style of communication

a wasted opportunity to show the general public they heard and understand the citizens 

the funny thing about opportunities are they many ONLY knock once .....

• Praise 3

I feel the panel has a good mix of ppl who are from safety, military, medical, law, etc. Yam Ah Mee was a BG from Air Force....he should know a few things on how military operates.

• Praise 1

They forget that the era of LKY is over and now the younger generation needs a different style of communication

a wasted opportunity to show the general public they heard and understand the citizens

the funny thing about opportunities are they many ONLY knock once .....

They dun care one la
  • Praise 1

I think we are the first in the world to have additional horn for military vehicles and reverse camera for tank

One important question: Is reverse camera a practical solution under such situations?

Tanks_Leopard_2_Camouflage_521750_1600x9

tank.jpg

Scimitar-Camo-Nets-01.jpg

And mind you, a tank traveling through all type of tough terrain will have it reverse camera coated with dust and mud in no time, still effective?

Sorry if I sounds very sarcastic, but the one that come up with this "brilliant" idea obviously has not step his/her foot on the ground...

• Praise 11

Rev camera is good to have lah.. For tank commander to see if his kahkias are behind the Tank cooking maggie mee or not.. Then cook liao never call him. Ofcos must have rev camera ok

• Praise 3

Rev camera is good to have lah.. For tank commander to see if his kahkias are behind the Tank cooking maggie mee or not.. Then cook liao never call him. Ofcos must have rev camera ok

• Praise 1

Got android or apple play or not

I think we are the first in the world to have additional horn for military vehicles and reverse camera for tank

Hella horn?
  • Praise 1

Tankees suck.

;-)

Rather than setting up another useless organism such as IG.

Why not set auditors to follow training?

Reservists call up to follow up on Active units training.

Such as us, we be 'official ' terrorists to the super sunray with regards to Mr Lui's accident.

Only male chickens would place the rover so close behind an apc on a fighting drill exercise.

An external person of unknown origin will keep people on their toes. The 'Israeli' Major....

Keep ATEC. The stress is good.

Here is a tidbit for Mindeaf,

A scholar S2 played spin the donut with the yamaha bike.

I was young but realized he probably should not do it with his scouts standing around him. If he should lose control....

Of course i stand far far away.

It did not help his PS also joined in.

This stupidity happens. All the time, regardless of Ministar.

Must ready the cane and make the ruperts note to perform swallowing their own swords when they fail in their duty.

Sometimes senior ncos brain fart as well when they do not remember they are there for their ricebowl.

I believe in harsh punishment for Commanding officers. They are after all responsible for the safety of Singapore.

And Singapore wants to have the cake and eat it as well.

If the commanding officers have to die for it, then they deserve their pay.

Losing commanding officers is normal as losing men to accidents.

Preventable accidents not those weird ones such as being struck by lightning or eric lee type of decapitations or barrel devices going off at random.

Top Gun 2 --- Feel the Need for Speed.

• Praise 1

post-14834-0-35363400-1549916699_thumb.jpgpost-14834-0-22250200-1549916710_thumb.jpg

That is on everyone mind.. If ownself walk out and stop training or voice out because of safety issue will kanna charged.

So this culture need to change.

I suddenly also think of something, sometimes shouting stop stop, those in the tank/vehicle can't hear anything from inside or outside environment very noisy can't hear shouting properly. So maybe Saf and home team to create a universal hand sign with regard to any safety issues while on training. Anyone who see someone put up that hand sign, they would also follow so that more people will took notice of that hand sign. So when more and more people put up that hand sign, it is very difficult not to miss the sign indicating safety issue. Of coz when see that hand sign also stop training immediately from the most bottom rank stop also nevermind. Of coz that will include shouting stop stop or what shouting with regard to safety.

Edited by Yewheng

One important question: Is reverse camera a practical solution under such situations?

tank.jpg

And mind you, a tank traveling through all type of tough terrain will have it reverse camera coated with dust and mud in no time, still effective?

Sorry if I sounds very sarcastic, but the one that come up with this "brilliant" idea obviously has not step his/her foot on the ground...

Mcf car forum might well I suggest blind spot sensors. 360 degree camera. Auto parking!

IMO every thing should go back to the basic. Look at the cvc helmet. Look at how to improve the internal communication between VC/rear guard/driver/ spare gunner (nearer to VC and driver)..etc. Look at how to improve when comm down.

• Praise 2

The very first time i drove the apc...i could not hear the instructor command to slow down and stop at all.

He kan cheong also forget to use his stick.

Yours truly executed a stop next to fully occupied training shed swee swee. The other guys told me he did say to slow and stop, but it was very soft over comms.

Of course they were not next to the big noisy diesel engine.

They did also said it was a smooth ride.

The course commander found no issue with the driving and stop, although he was surprised a mint trainee did it and not his trainer.

So blame me? Or silly instructor that did not stay in open ground for training new drivers but getting them to drive back into rest area? Even though i one attempt get licence swee swee and kiv for advanced driving course.

Obviously reverse camera is useful but the people in charge are not conversant with the ground or perhaps just perhaps. Unwilling to deal with reallife issues. Your retirement is secured, yes. Those families will still be missing sons.

Just to share, anyone saw the face of our SCDF kolam victim. There appears to be deformation. Quite obvious actually. Can you accept it or because you are nobody you can only suffer in silence?

Suggest voice activated engine braking system. Lights for driver to know full emergency stop is needed.

In a real firefight scene, who can hear anything?

If you know how loud everything gets as well as the adrenaline surge.

Do not blame the driver. Its the regular that was deemed fit to be promoted to Captain. He had the lapse by not able to control the behaviour and anticipate reactions.

YewHeng is not armour so he does not know of what had already existed or the actual sitiation. He can only imagine a hand sign would work. Or what the apc combat drill encompasses.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 5

Screenshot_20190212_041727_com.facebook.katana.jpg Screenshot_20190212_041748_com.facebook.katana.jpg

That is on everyone mind.. If ownself walk out and stop training or voice out because of safety issue will kanna charged.

So this culture need to change.

I suddenly also think of something, sometimes shouting stop stop, those in the tank/vehicle can't hear anything from inside or outside environment very noisy can't hear shouting properly. So maybe Saf and home team to create a universal hand sign with regard to any safety issues while on training. Anyone who see someone put up that hand sign, they would also follow so that more people will took notice of that hand sign. So when more and more people put up that hand sign, it is very difficult not to miss the sign indicating safety issue. Of coz when see that hand sign also stop training immediately from the most bottom rank stop also nevermind. Of coz that will include shouting stop stop or what shouting with regard to safety.

There are enough contingency plans in place lah.

Most of the times its hunan error

• Praise 3

tank.jpg

If you had watched F1 on tv, you will notice that the camera on the F1 car has lens cleaning capabilities. Therefore the images transmitted is always sharp and of high quality.

I believe that it is a camera lens enclosed in a cylindrical clear glass or plastic container. Then brushes and water spray at the side. So if the glass is dirty, just rotate the glass against the brushes and water jet to clean it.

Please kindly award WITS $$$ to me. DSTA, SAF, MinDef, please notice me!!!!

↡ Advertisement