Aloysius Pang dies after SAF trg Ex in New Zealand

Hmsg

Aircon drop on their head :XD:

These people are well protected by all gods, chances very low it will happen. Think high chance that aircon drop on somebody else lo.

Many years ago, this actually happened at the old Manjusri Secondary School where a librarian was killed!

Hope Aloysius will have a full and speedy recovery!

Wa , freak accident? Sounds like smth from Final Destination  :o

These people are well protected by all gods, chances very low it will happen. Think high chance that aircon drop on somebody else lo.

Sad fact of life hor, haha

That's legit scary! I had a rat fall out of the ceiling in my camp office during NS times before, this reminds me of that

• Praise 1

Don't think so, if not he would had been dead. Most likely an injury involving mechanical parts that ganna some part/s of his body. He repairs SSPH while I repair the Bronco. He is considered my junior cos we were from the same parent unit during active time. I saw him in camp last time when I went back for reservist. Nice looking and tall guy, sad to see him injured.

Is it an explosion in the chamber during live firing?

• Praise 5

something seriously wrong with the safety culture/processes of the SAF - too many deaths and injuries recently.  I am sure all the parents will be worried sick.  Hope this guy recovers soon and recovers fully, i.e. not maimed for life 

• Praise 4

Aiyo..... should have taken MC la.  [furious]

ns man only, why need to go overseas? just find any old reason can stay in sg already

Don't think so, if not he would had been dead. Most likely an injury involving mechanical parts that ganna some part/s of his body. He repairs SSPH while I repair the Bronco. He is considered my junior cos we were from the same parent unit during active time. I saw him in camp last time when I went back for reservist. Nice looking and tall guy, sad to see him injured.

Mindef still did not release what had actually happened? Just hope nothing serious injured on any parts of his body?!

Mindef still did not release what had actually happened? Just hope nothing serious injured on any parts of his body?!

Of course they know.... but his immediate family must be the first to be informed, not the public.

• Praise 2

This training incident is just the tip of the iceberg for SAF. Pobably because of his mini-celebrity status that it got out in the news.

Years ago, had to evacuate a NSman from a warship to a foreign country military hospital for surgery when a heavy metal hatch slammed on his finger. No news report back home.

• Praise 2

Same for tanks. I was always super kiasee when playing around with the breech. 10-15kg of pure solid metal slamming into fingers is NO JOKE!

just happened to my son's platoon mate recently.

pain until he cannot even cry out and tears started streaming . . . lucky just heavily bruised and swollen fingers nothing broken  :mellow:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2