The biggest sotong in the world

Jman888

True, true. Actually anything we do also must expect the un-expected to happen. But for some people, they might not able to accept due to human error. Such mistake can be prevented or eliminated de.

If everything can be prevented or eliminated, then we are not called human already. Of course it would be alarming if blunder happens very frequently, but once in awhile definitely must/could be tolerated. Especially if travel with kids, how you handle the situations will have a lasting impact on them as these are real teachable moments about overcoming "failures" so better not show bad examples and start blaming each other right away.

To me, blunders are also something that make the trips memorable and something to laugh about down the road. Going for vacation should not be such stressful experiences, else you will come back even more stressed than before the trips which defeat the whole thing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I also have had similar story, but in Hong Kong few years back.

Flew with big family as usual with many luagguages. When collecting lugguages at Hong Kong, counted 1 missing. After checking the lugguage stubs, realised that it was never checked in at all! Eventually concluded that it was left at home as needed to pack items last minute and forgot to bring it out! Good thing it contained mostly kids clothing and just make do with buying more kids clothings along the way haha.

The best is my recent trip to Australia where at the check-in counter in Changi Airport, the staff suddenly told us that she cannot check us in because she cannot see our visa details in the system. We were like What?! We totally forgot to buy visas!!! As the flight was only 3 hours away, we asked the staff if there is anything we can do beside going home to cry. She was quite helpful to reply that we could try to buy instant visa from the Changi Recommends counter. Quickly rushed over and truly it was able to do instant visa approval, just that we have to pay $60 instead of $20, but we gladly paid the money and continue the holiday. This ranked as 1 of the most unique experience I ever had haha. And we realised we were not the only sotongs that day as another couple on the same flight also had to do it at the counter.

One thing I learnt is that travelling must relax, and expect the un-expected to happen. You will spoil the mood if you expect things to go as plan swee swee 100%. My wife also understand it, because she also ever book budget air-tickets and also like Jman88 booked it a month ahead haha.

Ok hope all these sharings make TS feel like a normal human being again haha.

Singapore passport too zai already, sometimes don't even remember need to apply visa...

I just always forget to report to ns.sg for longer trips then always receive letter when I come back... threatening court martial  [bigcry]

Singapore passport too zai already, sometimes don't even remember need to apply visa...

I just always forget to report to ns.sg for longer trips then always receive letter when I come back... threatening court martial  [bigcry]

Funny thing is we just went Australia the year before and we remembered to apply then.

There was once I sent my parents to airport... then they realised they forgot bring their passports.....

That was the only time my mum encouraged me to speed ... lol

Heng to and fro 20 mins nia

• Praise 1

If everything can be prevented or eliminated, then we are not called human already. Of course it would be alarming if blunder happens very frequently, but once in awhile definitely must/could be tolerated. Especially if travel with kids, how you handle the situations will have a lasting impact on them as these are real teachable moments about overcoming "failures" so better not show bad examples and start blaming each other right away.

To me, blunders are also something that make the trips memorable and something to laugh about down the road. Going for vacation should not be such stressful experiences, else you will come back even more stressed than before the trips which defeat the whole thing.

Agreed, sometimes we need to see open a bit, but some mistakes we can never afford to make, if not it will become regrets for your rest of your life. Thats why no matter what we do, check and recheck still is a must la.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

There was once I sent my parents to airport... then they realised they forgot bring their passports.....

That was the only time my mum encouraged me to speed ... lol

Heng to and fro 20 mins nia

That's what I usually do also...I send them early to the airport.... Then wait for call to send forgotten items on second trip. Has become a regular thing already.

Bro Jman,

I think it is a sign of old age, think one thing but doing another is definitely developing DEMENTIA,

I have the same issue sometimes, brain cells not used show this body language, if you're 50+-60 it is a signal indicating you think too much, w/o prejudice, performing the task thinking it is DONE yet must check the details over and over again.

For booking of flights, I have my daughter or SIL do the booking itinerary etc. At our age, we just go and enjoy the holiday.

It is part of Life, life with it bro, don't feel bad, it is Normal

P/S: Go visit your family doctor  [:p]

• Praise 7

That's what I usually do also...I send them early to the airport.... Then wait for call to send forgotten items on second trip. Has become a regular thing already.

Thats why going early to the airport is a good practise. Firstly no need to rush and can relax, also if forgot to bring anything important, still can have extra time to rush back and take. But this only apply to people staying near to airport la. Imagine if you stay in the west, dont think i have the energy to go all the way back to take. So must ensure that must remember to bring all important items before leaving house.

Bro Jman,

I think it is a sign of old age, think one thing but doing another is definitely developing DEMENTIA,

I have the same issue sometimes, brain cells not used show this body language, if you're 50+-60 it is a signal indicating you think too much, w/o prejudice, performing the task thinking it is DONE yet must check the details over and over again.

For booking of flights, I have my daughter or SIL do the booking itinerary etc. At our age, we just go and enjoy the holiday.

It is part of Life, life with it bro, don't feel bad, it is Normal

P/S: Go visit your family doctor  [:p]

When people old, it is common tend to forget things easily, not always means developing dementia la.

Internal Moderator

bro I understand you.. less than a month ago I went for my family trip to Taipei, the flight is 9am next day, I realised I couldn't perform online check-in for my daughter cuz her passport validation left only 5 months 3 weeks!

I booked the flight almost 8 months ago, we have never even bothered to check the passport for once.. haha

end up my wife bring my 4yr old daughter to renew passport and take the later flight (thanks god it was Cathay Pacific we can re-schedule flight with minimum topup, the other tickets are expensive as hell!!) and I bring the rest of my family to go first.

long story short, everything went smooth and we were able to meet in TaiChung at night  [smash]

• Praise 4

I believe there are BIGGER sotongs out there.

My trip to Seoul 5 years ago Nov/Dec period.

Boarded the maxi cab and first thing driver asked "Passport?"

Yes, checked. Thanks for asking bro.

Reached Changi airport, feel like something missing from the picture.

Cannot figure out what it was.

When flight reached Incheon . . . DANG!! our winter jackets!  [laugh]

• Praise 10

Ha Ha .... I just flew to Hanoi a month back with only 5 months validity (lagi worse than yours) At Changi check in Viet Jet ... the front counter say this cannot and that cannot and I told her I got return ticket and  only going for less than 2 days as it was an urgent work trip... ask me to sign so many indemnity (which I could not understand as it was in all Vietnamese by the Govt Form... like signing away a death warrant ) , she allowed me finally and when flight landed i got the butterflies in my stomach, can hear each n every hearbeat as I made my way to immigration, Wow!! the sound of the metallic stamp chop sound like music to me... not even a question asked ..... what a relief

bro I understand you.. less than a month ago I went for my family trip to Taipei, the flight is 9am next day, I realised I couldn't perform online check-in for my daughter cuz her passport validation left only 5 months 3 weeks!

I booked the flight almost 8 months ago, we have never even bothered to check the passport for once.. haha

end up my wife bring my 4yr old daughter to renew passport and take the later flight (thanks god it was Cathay Pacific we can re-schedule flight with minimum topup, the other tickets are expensive as hell!!) and I bring the rest of my family to go first.

long story short, everything went smooth and we were able to meet in TaiChung at night  [smash]

• Praise 10

Haa, more and more sotongs all appeared here sharing their sotong experiences?!  :grin:

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Book wrong date and forgot luggage is all so understandable.

Anyone ever left MIL at the hotel and forgot to fly back with her?

:D

• Praise 9

Only 2 things need to carry. Passport and money.

Everything thing else can always buy.

For me I am very particular I always carry my clean underwear in my hand luggage.

If they lose my check in I will always have clean underwear and feel fresh down there.

:D