The Simple Solutions to Traffic

kobayashiGT

Reduce Singapore's population by half, I believe traffic congestion problems will be improved by leaps and bounds.

alternatively, impose 1000% ARF, making car ownership extremely  unaffordable, the roads will be free of cars.

Not just merging lanes or traffic lights that prevent the smooth flowing of traffic. The drivers' attitude and also "self-entitled" cyclists attitude plays a part in keeping the road smooth flowing, and these are the problems here.

My take. Traffic clog up due to 2 reasons, buses and humans. Esp during peak hours.

1. Our buses are long and many times i see 4 to 5 at a stretch, sometimes even more!

2. Too many stoppages. Too many pedestrian crossings. Many times, after the Green man turn to red, only a few cars can turn. Or finally can turn, but endless stream of people at zebra crossing.

Solution? Dunno lah, I'm only a peasant. Let those scholars earn their keep

Edited by Othello

ERP was not fully maximised. It should be based on different btw 3 mths rolling average spd and legal spd. ERP will start when diff is more than 10km/h as follows:

0 - 10km/h: $0

11 - 20km/h: $10

21 - 30km/h: $20

31 - 40km/h: $30

41 - 50km/h: $40

> 50km/h: $50

ERP was not fully maximised. It should be based on different btw 3 mths rolling average spd and legal spd. ERP will start when diff is more than 10km/h as follows:

0 - 10km/h: $0

11 - 20km/h: $10

21 - 30km/h: $20

31 - 40km/h: $30

41 - 50km/h: $40

> 50km/h: $50

And you will help every driver to pay for all these amounts.

Reduce Singapore's population by half, I believe traffic congestion problems will be improved by leaps and bounds.

And solves many of the other problems in the country

Human is always the problem.

Take out the human and there will be smooth traffic.

But then again, take out all the humans and you'll have no traffic.

No humans, no wars either.

↡ Advertisement