Jump to content
AsianPetrolhead

Tesla Model S P100D - Lighting fast electric car

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! This week, we had chance to drive, Tesla’s flagship sedan, Model S P100D.  With the super electric car, we have done 0-60 using ludicrous mode and tried using auto pilot system.  Is it worth all the money?  Do you buy this to save planet or for your enjoyment.  Let’s find out

 
 
Alex’s youtube channel
 

post-273792-0-17320200-1548388532_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello everyone! This week, we had chance to drive, Tesla’s flagship sedan, Model S P100D.  With the super electric car, we have done 0-60 using ludicrous mode and tried using auto pilot system.  Is it worth all the money?  Do you buy this to save planet or for your enjoyment.  Let’s find out

 
 
Alex’s youtube channel
 

 

 

If I am in US, definitely I will buy this car to save planet and for my own enjoyment!

 

Unfortunately, I am in Singapore so I will not buy this car because I do not want to save Singapore Government's pocket. I will buy Mitsubishi Mirage car to save my pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily drove a P100D when I was working in Paris 2 years ago. The 0-100kmph is freaking amazing. I tried launching at traffic light against a few mopeds, they got absolutely no chance. LOL

The acceleration is so amazing, that you feel a numbing sensation at the back of your brain. 

But on the other hand, it doesn't work very well in winter (especially snow storm), massive reduction in range and traction issue if you are using all seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch the Chris Harris review he said the Tesla is like his old auntie. Setting up the Ludicrous mode the computer said wait 10minutes for the batteries to warm up. I assume the car is cold in their UK weather. Then after multiple sprints the computer ask for time to cool the battery down. You know. It's super fast only in certain conditions but not all the time. In most reviews they cut out all the waiting time so you only watch the good bits.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, Watwheels said:

I watch the Chris Harris review he said the Tesla is like his old auntie. Setting up the Ludicrous mode the computer said wait 10minutes for the batteries to warm up. I assume the car is cold in their UK weather. Then after multiple sprints the computer ask for time to cool the battery down. You know. It's super fast only in certain conditions but not all the time. In most reviews they cut out all the waiting time so you only watch the good bits.

Not to mention numerous reliability issues... since it's basically an electronic device like your phone... notice the Western brands have good ideas but implementation always not as reliable than the Japanese or Koreans...

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Not to mention numerous reliability issues... since it's basically an electronic device like your phone... notice the Western brands have good ideas but implementation always not as reliable than the Japanese or Koreans...

Tesla is a tech company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2020 at 2:46 PM, potatoes1003 said:

This tesla is super fast, I saw a video that this tesla's model beat Lamborghini several times

Acceleration will win Lamborghini.. Top speed might not.. Coz electric car the toque is instant, whereas ice the acceleration is gradual increase. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Acceleration will win Lamborghini.. Top speed might not.. Coz electric car the toque is instant, whereas ice the acceleration is gradual increase. 

Lambo confirm win hands down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Lambo confirm win hands down.

But acceleration from 0 to 100km/h lambo might lose to tesla.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yewheng said:

But acceleration from 0 to 100km/h lambo might lose to tesla.. 

By the time lambo finished the drag race, Tesla still warming up its battery.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

By the time lambo finished the drag race, Tesla still warming up its battery.

Only ludicrous mode requires it to warm up battery. This car works best when it overtaking traffic on freeway speed. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oppositelock said:

Only ludicrous mode requires it to warm up battery. This car works best when it overtaking traffic on freeway speed. 

This applies to all EV.

For drag race, what's the diff with and without ludicrous mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, what a nice car!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This applies to all EV.

For drag race, what's the diff with and without ludicrous mode?

Different battery discharge rate lor. Higher discharge rate you get more power. But if your work place comes with Tesla supercharger, life is good. You just drive to work, plug in then lunch time unplug. Next day repeat. The full charge range can easily do 450 to 480 km in summer, dropped to 400km to 420km in winter. 

I've daily driven EV and from Turbo 4 to NA V8. Nothing beats the sound and soul of the car. ICE is the best! 

It's like you dont even care even though ICE is slower off the line. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oppositelock said:

Different battery discharge rate lor. Higher discharge rate you get more power. But if your work place comes with Tesla supercharger, life is good. You just drive to work, plug in then lunch time unplug. Next day repeat. The full charge range can easily do 450 to 480 km in summer, dropped to 400km to 420km in winter. 

I've daily driven EV and from Turbo 4 to NA V8. Nothing beats the sound and soul of the car. ICE is the best! 

It's like you dont even care even though ICE is slower off the line. 

I only know 1 Tesla Supercharger in Singapore.  It is not for public access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 9:19 PM, Didu said:

US probes touchscreen failures in Tesla Model S cars

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/us-probes-touchscreen-failures-in-tesla-model-s-cars-12866942

I don't understand why must NHTSA probe the touchscreen issue. Is the device safety related?

Yes since that's how you control the car... it's the primary control... of course must probe...

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×