Komoco new promotion

RickWong

2019 Hyundai Avante Basic. It's good enough, with rear aircon, 8 inch infotainment, 6 airbags, ABS+ESC+EBD+VSC, hill start assist, gear mode selection and etc etc..

The features more like S version of the previous elantra.

Changing your accent to avante? How old your car? I remember your car should be around 3 years?

2019 Hyundai Avante Basic. It's good enough, with rear aircon, 8 inch infotainment, 6 airbags, ABS+ESC+EBD+VSC, hill start assist, gear mode selection and etc etc..

The features more like S version of the previous elantra.

No more manual car?

Can you get use to it?

Sluggish than your manual accent.

No more manual car?

Can you get use to it?

Sluggish than your manual accent.

Auto transmission is no longer as sluggish as before. Moreover for smaller CC cars, there is not much diff  because of the lack in power of the small cc. In terms of  real life acceleration, the timing is not going to be a lot  of difference between the two. Except that the driver has absolute control in gear changing.

First 20k servicing only change oil, filter, spark plugs, top up bit of fluid here and there.

At the max they "service" your brakes by lubricating it. Why the hell do u need to change brake pads at 20k unless you are driving a damn Ferrari. Even if gotta change brake pads, u think it's free? They will still charge you for the part.

• Praise 2

- 1k, 10k Labour free servicing voucher

- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty

- Front & Rear Recording Camera

- 3M Solar Film (Crystalline Grade)

Looks like price not bad.

Knowing KMC, got these advice:

- if only labour free, then go and buy oil outside. When they used shell helix ultra 5w-40, they charged ~$95 for oil. Same oil bought at Giant for $29.90. They allow owners to bring own oil.

- they give crap car cam. Maybe now improved, cos tio complained. Ok, i was maybe one of the fiercest. But com'on, no decent company would boast about giving (what they perceive/claim) good-value car cam, when they have not even seen and have no freaking idea what the product was - which turned out to be utter crap.

well, KMC did this. And guess what, they then went on to say there's nothing wrong with the cam, and refused to do anything except "we seek your understanding".

Only to proceed to change the model after that for new buyers. If nothing wrong, why change???

- they gave crap solar film with low specs, which some - incl myself - didn't even take. Now they give 3M crystalline, and is boasting about it again. Last I checked, Crystalline now has a whole range of different spec'ed films. This was not the case 2 yr ago, when Crystalline only had one product (whose specs were very good). My bet is that KMC would go for the cheapest (aka lowest grade) crystalline...

and I suggest asking them for the exact specs, so as not to be disappointed.

• Praise 9

Good info Bro Atrecord!

But I also like to share my thoughts, those who bought it at high price are unhappy, those who bought it at low price complain about cheapo freebies. One have to be contented that you have got it at a lower price, if the freebies are not good , ask them if they could discount further without freebies and go fix it up with a better one after collecting your car. Or ask if you can top up to have better quality spec stuff.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

First 20k servicing only change oil, filter, spark plugs, top up bit of fluid here and there.

At the max they "service" your brakes by lubricating it. Why the hell do u need to change brake pads at 20k unless you are driving a damn Ferrari. Even if gotta change brake pads, u think it's free? They will still charge you for the part.

Agree.

Brake pad is wear and tear item so is not free.

Tied one 5 or 7yrs means 80% one will change all these wear and tear items with them when you are there for free servicing.

And since is advice by them,mostly one will agree to let them do the job since car already let them service,right?

And they will tell you got special discount but still more expensive than outside.lol......

• Praise 1

Servicing cost $200 at most at outside workshop. Not a big deal when it is taken out for lower pricing.

first 10k servicing for a normal 1.6l korean car,

if cost 200 buks.

then mean u kenna chop carrot , gao gao liao.

• Praise 1

The crap stuff you mention is to reduce cost for the company. If all the stuff they give is above average quality, then they will make less profits.

Looks like price not bad.

Knowing KMC, got these advice:

- if only labour free, then go and buy oil outside. When they used shell helix ultra 5w-40, they charged ~$95 for oil. Same oil bought at Giant for $29.90. They allow owners to bring own oil.

- they give crap car cam. Maybe now improved, cos tio complained. Ok, i was maybe one of the fiercest. But com'on, no decent company would boast about giving (what they perceive/claim) good-value car cam, when they have not even seen and have no freaking idea what the product was - which turned out to be utter crap.

well, KMC did this. And guess what, they then went on to say there's nothing wrong with the cam, and refused to do anything except "we seek your understanding".

Only to proceed to change the model after that for new buyers. If nothing wrong, why change???

- they gave crap solar film with low specs, which some - incl myself - didn't even take. Now they give 3M crystalline, and is boasting about it again. Last I checked, Crystalline now has a whole range of different spec'ed films. This was not the case 2 yr ago, when Crystalline only had one product (whose specs were very good). My bet is that KMC would go for the cheapest (aka lowest grade) crystalline...
and I suggest asking them for the exact specs, so as not to be disappointed.

if new car,

at 20k need top up fluid i think something wrong. 

(other then washer tank fluid ).

never top up brake fluid, as the brake pad worn off and get thinner, the brake fluid will lower, when u replace new and thicker brake pad, they will rise back to normal level.

if any thing extra, at most the air filter n cabin filters..

its the same as some people like to pay for home aircon maintenance, where the guy comes to remove the aircon filters cleans and put it back in 5mins and charges you $30 for it.

i rather DIY and spend 5mins than spend $30 and the unknown amount of time  waiting for the aircon tech to appear. :a-bang:

• Praise 2

Got a fellow accent owner pm me a lobang. Most probably getting from another authorised dealer instead. No loan, paper plus $1500 for body, manual.

Hi, can you PM me the lobang? Thanks. 

• Praise 1

Addtional info on this promo that I have found out:

1. COE rebate is at $8.8K (Is Komoco expecting a COE plunge?)

2. if no loan, probably about $6.8K off instead of $8.8K

3. Dash cam brand is HP (quality wise unknown). Did not ask any rebate if dont want dashcam.

• Praise 1

Addtional info on this promo that I have found out:

1. COE rebate is at $8.8K (Is Komoco expecting a COE plunge?)

COE rebate at $8.8k does not mean COE will plunge, but that would mean any COE fluctuation between the current price  to $8.8k, KMC will pocket the additional profit. Meaning also, they are not prepared to give you a single cents from COE rebate.  But at this current  price, what else can one ask for. I am not their salesman but if we seriously compare price history, this is all time best  , Or i am wrong ? 

• Praise 2