Installing canopy or awning for ground floor unit

Jusnel

URA is the one regulating installation of awnings/canopies over ground floor patio, which they term as a Private Enclosed Space

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Guidelines/Circulars/dc14-03

If the awning is not more than 2m depth, no need permission. Also the Private Enclosed Space cannot be er.....’enclosed’. Strange that they term it Enclosed Space then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

URA is the one regulating installation of awnings/canopies over ground floor patio, which they term as a Private Enclosed Space

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Guidelines/Circulars/dc14-03

If the awning is not more than 2m depth, no need permission. Also the Private Enclosed Space cannot be er.....’enclosed’. Strange that they term it Enclosed Space then.

True but for MCST, you need to get council to approve. It affect the development facade. Just imagine a development with multi color and different shape awnings.  

I heard of someone sold his dual key with handsome profit as these become a rare item.

Ground floor Patio n TOP floor are sough after prize units in every development

Really? Was it an EC dual key? Then I huat already.

Dual key + ground patio  [laugh]

you wanna buy?

Edited by Kusje

Can by law be enacted to allow owners to build hard roofing or hard awning that are installed onto the external wall of the building? Or it's still illegal anyway??

I attached an example.

20200229_080433.jpg

Edited by Babyt

46 minutes ago, Babyt said:

Can by law be enacted to allow owners to build hard roofing or hard awning that are installed onto the external wall of the building? Or it's still illegal anyway??

I attached an example.

20200229_080433.jpg

This type needs BCA approval right? 

Landed can see a lot of unauthorized AA...

Condo more difficult to hide...

• Praise 1

On 2/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, mersaylee said:

don't say unauthorized lah, as long as neighbours have not  complaints,  to a reasonable extent, BCA does not bother much. 😀

Edited by Ct3833

Do also take note to ensure material comply with SCDF legislation and proper submission. Further to Gardenvista, aware that SCDF also inspected some other developments and require the owner to rectify any noncompliance & submission.

BCA - Structure

URA - Enclosure, GFA

Typically the PES is not meant nor permitted to be fully enclosed.

SCDF - Fire Safety

MCST cannot decline application for installation to address Safety Concern arising from Killer Litter into the Ground Floor PES. 

If there a standard design, SP will have to follow that.

In the absence of one, MCST cannot reject application on ground of the absence of a standard design. SP can submit its desired design for the MCST approval. But do ensure the design comply with the requirements of all authorities especially SCDF which some contractors may tell you not necessary. But I will advise you do it properly once for all rather than having to rectify...

• Praise 1

On 2/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, mersaylee said:

Mostly depends on whether neighbours complain...

On 2/29/2020 at 8:24 AM, Babyt said:

I attached an example.

talking about the external wall on the top floor? That's also the internal wall of the unit right?