70km/h speed limit for eight-seater passenger cars removed

RickWong

Supercharged

Tall cars/vans should be banned from lane 1 as they obstruct the view and will very likely have a longer stopping distance.

Don't like that say leh...some X5 are as tall but come with very good brakes woh... give chance lah...

↡ Advertisement

It’s 7 seater.

I think it is more relevant for those van like mini buses.

Also think more for vans and mini buses. Last time drove an Ody, more of a 7 seater. Everytime drives at hundred plus and no one say about the speed limits.

Don't like that say leh...some X5 are as tall but come with very good brakes woh... give chance lah...

would you say yes to a truck on lane one if it had good brakes too?

I didn't even know there is such a restriction and is there a marking on the vehile to state this?

Even pickup are going faster than 70 km, i wonder how this makes any sense. What is the point of having rules which is not enforced?

I didn't even know there is such a restriction and is there a marking on the vehile to state this?

Even pickup are going faster than 70 km, i wonder how this makes any sense. What is the point of having rules which is not enforced?

The article was not clear at all lah.

Think the 8-seater passenger cars should mean 8-seater passenger buses instead. Those whose reg plates are either P or C ones.

shouldn't be referring to the MPVs like Previa, Estima, Ody, Elgrand, Triplets, Viano, etc. etc. or even the Stavic which can take 10 - but all registration plates are the normal cars range, now SMH or something...

The article was not clear at all lah.

Think the 8-seater passenger cars should mean 8-seater passenger buses instead. Those whose reg plates are either P or C ones.

shouldn't be referring to the MPVs like Previa, Estima, Ody, Elgrand, Triplets, Viano, etc. etc. or even the Stavic which can take 10 - but all registration plates are the normal cars range, now SMH or something...

Yeah lor, wonder who will buybif got such restriction. Driving lorry har.

It’s removed because no one with the stickers bother...try overtake one during the early hours along cte. No three digits no talk.

They can even go to lane 1 during peak hours because the speed would be below 50...therefore they think they are allowed to be there since it’s within the limit...

Its a given that a bulky and heavy vehicle will have a harder time stopping compared to a lighter sedan. This is simply physics.

I saw from http://www.movitcars.com/rahmen/stoptbl.htm

BMW X5 4.4i   100-0: 43.3m

BMW 320d      100-0: 37.8m

Thus they will tend to keep a longer following distance. I have seen many hogging the first lane, allowing cars to cut in easily. Especially frustrating when I am behind them.

Supercharged

Its a given that a bulky and heavy vehicle will have a harder time stopping compared to a lighter sedan. This is simply physics.

Thus they will tend to keep a longer following distance. I have seen many hogging the first lane, allowing cars to cut in easily. Especially frustrating when I am behind them.

The same table also shows that a B&B car like Corolla takes 46.5m.

So how each driver can see further ahead on the road to pre-empt any evasive actions seems to play a more important role in accident avoidance. And from this respect, sitting taller to be able to see over the immediate car in front is definitely a plus.

The same table also shows that a B&B car like Corolla takes 46.5m.

So how each driver can see further ahead on the road to pre-empt any evasive actions seems to play a more important role in accident avoidance. And from this respect, sitting taller to be able to see over the immediate car in front is definitely a plus.

Hmm, not sure why you believe in comparing across brands and prices that are at least 2x or 3x the price.

The new M5 stops in 30m.

I suppose those lorry drivers all have the same plus point. No need to care about blocking the view of faster vehicles behind.

maybe X5 should be limited to not more than 70 km/h.

Supercharged

Hmm, not sure why you believe in comparing across brands and prices that are at least 2x or 3x the price.

The new M5 stops in 30m.

I suppose those lorry drivers all have the same plus point. No need to care about blocking the view of faster vehicles behind.

No lah, I'm just commenting to cars that get onto lane 1 from original thread. So from that perspective, 'lorry' is not supposed to be in lane 1 so I did not talk about that. Sorry.

Why empty Goods Vehicle can only go 70km/h and restricted out of first lane.

Whilst a similar built passenger van carrying 7 people can go 90km/h on first lane ?

Tall cars/vans should be banned from lane 1 as they obstruct the view and will very likely have a longer stopping distance.

no one ask you to go so close to any tall car infront of you. 

if you maintain a safe distance, you definitely can see what's infront of the car that is infront of you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1