Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

Haha ya I know 225/40 is correct for our car but I need 235/40 if not scared will bua my current rims. Already kana 2 times and went for touch up liao.. haha can’t afford keep going to touch up.. so best 235 for me.

I waiting for my friend side as I wanted to get 235 for A3 but he got no stock so he asked me to wait next month. So comparing other shops pricing now.

Actually the difference in sidewall height between 225/40 and 235/40 is just 4mm. Got difference meh.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Haha ya I know 225/40 is correct for our car but I need 235/40 if not scared will bua my current rims. Already kana 2 times and went for touch up liao.. haha can’t afford keep going to touch up.. so best 235 for me.

I waiting for my friend side as I wanted to get 235 for A3 but he got no stock so he asked me to wait next month. So comparing other shops pricing now.

Keep Hitting Curb.?Means need to learn Driving again... [bigcry] Just stick to stock Size.

Actually the difference in sidewall height between 225/40 and 235/40 is just 4mm. Got difference meh.

It's not just about sidewall height

Neutral Newbie

Btw, Singapore have stock already? I'm looking for size 245/45/R18...

this size seems to be not out yet. 18" i saw only 

225/40x18 225/45x18 245/35x18

Twincharged

yup .. in terms of speedo reading, it could mean the difference of getting a speed camera violation or not.

Use this website to check.

https://www.carbibles.com/tire-size-calculator/

Don’t get so caught up with the tire sizes. Even in the same labeled size, the physical size is different even with the same manufacturer.

previously i said the new 991 use f1a5......i managed to get a screenshot while watching the review on youtube, it's actually f1a3, my bad

quite an endorsement when a new 911 uses eagle f1.... 

forget to attach pic

post-191431-0-99396500-1561593970_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Was at a tyre shop this morning patching a puncture on my Michelins.  There were a few brands of GY tyres in the shop including Asymetric so I went to press the compoud and push the sidewalls.  Man the compound n walls give a hard feel, unlike the michelins so I reckon these GYs arent gonna be as comfy.  I think I will pass GY tyres at the next change again.

@ Carbon82

So far so good after few weeks of usage.

Managed to drive in heavy downpours, just love dancing in the wet.

My wife will always close her eyes when it rains as she see the driving excitement in my eyes.

Comfort wise is like a step up from A3, but tires still new.

Dry,wet,comfort,price - all tick boxes ticked for me.

• Praise 6

Am using this tyre. No complains. Comfort n quiet all match up. Upgraded from 17-18 n yet nv lose much comfort

• Praise 1

I think it’s $240

Thanks! Sounds reasonable and should be cheaper than PS4 SUV which i’m eyeing too for 235/50R18.

Lots of good reviews for this tyre, one of which:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2019-SUV-4x4-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

Even better than PS4 for dry and wet braking:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2019-Summer-53-Tyre-Braking-Shootout.htm

↡ Advertisement