Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

Just fitted a new set of F1A5 at Arrow Tyres. Size is 225/45 R18, made in Slovenia, DOM - 1619. Immediately before this, i’m on P7 Cinturatos and F1A3 before it. Gotten a good price of $180/tyre incl new aluminium valve stems & computerised 4wheel alignment.

The P7 while comfortable are not very grippy nor quiet especially after being worn down by 40%. I have had very good experience on my F1A3 previously having driven on them for 1.5yrs and all the way up to Ipoh, Perak. Very good performance in the wet and good stability even way beyond legal roadspeeds on the NSH. Have managed to avoid 2 chain collisions on the CTE and PIE by a hair when i called my S4 brakes for full duty. If i were on lesser tyres, i would need to pray hard that the bugger behind me would not be able to stop in time as well..lol

Read reviews that the F1A5 has improved upon the F1A3 qualities while losing none of the traits of the former. I remembered vaguely paying about the same price for the F1A3 at Arrows back in early 2017. I’ve been very happy with the GY’s price/performance ratio. Will try the Eagle F1 Supersports next when the sizes become more readily available.

Edited by RedEmber
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Just fitted a new set of F1A5 at Arrow Tyres. Size is 225/45 R18, made in Slovenia, DOM - 1619. Immediately before this, iâm on P7 Cinturatos and F1A3 before it. Gotten a good price of $180/tyre incl new aluminium valve stems & computerised 4wheel alignment.

The P7 while comfortable are not very grippy nor quiet especially after being worn down by 40%. I have had very good experience on my F1A3 previously having driven on them for 1.5yrs and all the way up to Ipoh, Perak. Very good performance in the wet and good stability even way beyond legal roadspeeds on the NSH. Have managed to avoid 2 chain collisions on the CTE and PIE by a hair when i called my S4 brakes for full duty. If i were on lesser tyres, i would need to pray hard that the bugger behind me would not be able to stop in time as well..lol

Read reviews that the F1A5 has improved upon the F1A3 qualities while losing none of the traits of the former. I remembered vaguely paying about the same price for the F1A3 at Arrows back in early 2017. Iâve been very happy with the GYâs price/performance ratio. Will try the Eagle F1 Supersports next when the sizes become more readily available.

Look forward to your on the road feedback after run in.

Just fitted a new set of F1A5 at Arrow Tyres. Size is 225/45 R18, made in Slovenia, DOM - 1619. Immediately before this, iâm on P7 Cinturatos and F1A3 before it. Gotten a good price of $180/tyre incl new aluminium valve stems & computerised 4wheel alignment.

Read reviews that the F1A5 has improved upon the F1A3 qualities while losing none of the traits of the former. I remembered vaguely paying about the same price for the F1A3 at Arrows back in early 2017. Iâve been very happy with the GYâs price/performance ratio. Will try the Eagle F1 Supersports next when the sizes become more readily available.

Goodyear rock! Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 1

Just fitted a new set of F1A5 at Arrow Tyres. Size is 225/45 R18, made in Slovenia, DOM - 1619. Immediately before this, i’m on P7 Cinturatos and F1A3 before it. Gotten a good price of $180/tyre incl new aluminium valve stems & computerised 4wheel alignment.

Read reviews that the F1A5 has improved upon the F1A3 qualities while losing none of the traits of the former. I remembered vaguely paying about the same price for the F1A3 at Arrows back in early 2017. I’ve been very happy with the GY’s price/performance ratio. Will try the Eagle F1 Supersports next when the sizes become more readily available.

Recently I took my AS5 to Alor setar. Very grippy on wet and dry and damn fun, not forgetting the same pricing as my AS3. 1 word - Shiok 

• Praise 3

How's the wear rate on the F1A5 as compared to PS4? I find that PS4 wears out too quickly, had to change mine within a year.

How's the wear rate on the F1A5 as compared to PS4? I find that PS4 wears out too quickly, had to change mine within a year.

This Tyre is too new. No way to see the wear rate at this time.
  • Praise 1

For better Grip,better have softer compound...less Mileage.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:06 AM, Acegem84 said:

AS5 so ex?  Arrow tyres quoted me 225/40/18 for $620 per set, 1219 tyres. 

However i just got 225/45/17 for 130 per piece as i didnt want to upsize rims. 

how is the AS5??? can i know what was your previous tyres?

am thinking to try AS5.

8 hours ago, Dynaway said:

i change my 5yr old CSC5 to AS5 yesterday...1st impression is they are pretty fast response tyres, grippy, well-cushioned and quiet.

Nice. What’s the size of ur tyres and at what price?

you must be a fan of the number 5.

5 years old tyre

CSC5

AS5

🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

5 years old tyre

CSC5

AS5

🤣

I guess any cina tyre will out perform a 5yrs old tyre. No need a AS5.

• Praise 1

On 12/8/2019 at 7:47 AM, Theoldjaffa said:

5 years old tyre

CSC5

AS5

🤣

225/45 R17 - $130/pc 

On 12/9/2019 at 12:06 PM, Dynaway said:

225/45 R17 - $130/pc 

that's a good price! mind sharing where did you change your tyres? looking to change my tyres soon, especially with the persistent wet weather nowadays.

Been using 225/40/18 F1A5 for 1 month+.. So far I feel is quite good and worth the money. Bought from Arrow Tyres at $150 Made from Germany. Definitely will choose this again in future for my next set.

• Praise 3

With continue wet weather for the past few weeks, since GY advertising a lot for wet performance for the Ays  5.

What are your verdict guys?

11 hours ago, Tohto said:

With continue wet weather for the past few weeks, since GY advertising a lot for wet performance for the Ays  5.

What are your verdict guys?

I fitted my F1A5 a week ago with new shoes on my A4. As it has been raining last couple of days, I managed to try it on some of the wet conditions, including having the rubbers to move through puddles of water (at reasonable and safe speed).

I was impressed by its performance and ability to maintain traction, keep the wheels rooted and stop in time (and well). 

• Praise 4

50 minutes ago, Yuan said:

I fitted my F1A5 a week ago with new shoes on my A4. As it has been raining last couple of days, I managed to try it on some of the wet conditions, including having the rubbers to move through puddles of water (at reasonable and safe speed).

I was impressed by its performance and ability to maintain traction, keep the wheels rooted and stop in time (and well). 

Long time no see your post ☺️