Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

For those who wanna know what is asymmetrical tyre.

image.thumb.png.72d0461ae47408cade9c7076e01e39df.png

I might  not be right.  But the first theory  for asymmetrical tyre  is it improve cornering. 

The inner and outer thread design in such a way. When u corner hard the outer parts of the tyres will give more  grip.

But sooner driver Discover  the best advantage  of asymmetric  design over directional. 

It enable easy left to right  rotation  of tyres without  having to physically  dismantle the tyres from the rims. It become so popular  now every tom d___ & hairy brand tyres come in asymmetric design without any thought  for their function at all( mean they just design the thread to be different inside and outside) for the trench  sake and better advertising 

↡ Advertisement

On 12/17/2019 at 9:26 PM, Dynaway said:

TyreTrack @Northpoint Bizhub

Thanks for lobang.

My friends and I have changed tyres there. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, Blueray said:

Thanks for lobang.

My friends and I have changed tyres there. [thumbsup]

no prob. jus sharing for the benefit of everyone. what i like is no hard selling, they let you see the different tyre and let you slowly decide. 

Internal Moderator

Hey guys! Looks what I have gotten inside our office!

1.thumb.jpg.c4b4d445366b031fa2a3cec519ae025c.jpg

For those who haven't drop Goodyear tyres a review in sgCarMart please do so! You will stand a stand to win these attractive prizes!

Start the new year by winning a prize with Goodyear!

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=13409

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=13378

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118b0e1859f269959fdf

• Praise 4

On 1/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Hey guys! Looks what I have gotten inside our office!

1.thumb.jpg.c4b4d445366b031fa2a3cec519ae025c.jpg

For those who haven't drop Goodyear tyres a review in sgCarMart please do so! You will stand a stand to win these attractive prizes!

Start the new year by winning a prize with Goodyear!

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=13409

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=13378

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118b0e1859f269959fdf

I will only change to this tyre another 9 month later 😞 

On 1/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, Blueray said:

Goodyear’s ultimate all-rounder: new Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 combines luxurious comfort with superior wet braking and dry handling performance

528025.JPEG
  • Successor to popular and acclaimed Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 range
  • Innovative technologies unlock significant improvements in wet braking and dry handling without compromising ride comfort or road noise
  • Caters to growing Ultra High Performance (UHP) market, with 61 SKUs arriving between February and December 2019 with fitments from Volkswagen Golf to Porsche 911
Goodyear has announced its next-generation Ultra High Performance (UHP) road tire, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. Conceived as the ultimate all-round summer tire, Goodyear has utilized innovative technologies to unlock significant improvements in wet braking and dry handling without compromising ride comfort or road noise.

Key to the tire’s breadth of ability is Goodyear’s development of a highly-refined compound that combines wet weather capabilities without sacrificing endurance or dry handling performance. Thanks to a contact patch designed to extend when braking, the tire’s contact with the road increases to a level more usually associated with a track tire, resulting in wet stopping distances which are a significant 4 percent shorter compared to the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. [1]

Goodyear’s efforts to optimize performance focused on reducing flex in the tread pattern as lateral forces are transmitted. The resultant crisp, precise turn-in, higher grip levels and efficient, clean acceleration facilitate an improvement in dry handling. Feedback through the steering is also enhanced, providing a more communicative and confidence-inspiring driving experience.

Goodyear will introduce 51 SKUs between February and May 2019, with a further 10 arriving between June and December 2019. Goodyear will offer 17” to 22” diameters, 205 to 315 mm widths, and 50 to 25 side profiles, with intended fitments ranging from cars such as the Volkswagen Golf, through more luxurious cars such as the Mercedes C-Class and the BMW 3 series to the standard versions of the Porsche 911.

This will strongly position Goodyear to exploit the robust 8.3 percent year-on-year growth experienced by the 17” and above UHP tire segment since 2012, now accounting for 22 percent of overall summer volume. [2] Upper segment vehicle sales are also forecast to increase from 17.5 to 18.2 percent by 2023 [3], while UHP demand from north-east and south-east Europe expanding 18 and 25 percent year-on-year since 2012 further increases the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5’s relevance to the market. [4]

Good news for Goodyear fans. 

On 1/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, Blueray said:

Goodyear’s ultimate all-rounder: new Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 combines luxurious comfort with superior wet braking and dry handling performance

528025.JPEG
  • Successor to popular and acclaimed Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 range
  • Innovative technologies unlock significant improvements in wet braking and dry handling without compromising ride comfort or road noise
  • Caters to growing Ultra High Performance (UHP) market, with 61 SKUs arriving between February and December 2019 with fitments from Volkswagen Golf to Porsche 911
Goodyear has announced its next-generation Ultra High Performance (UHP) road tire, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. Conceived as the ultimate all-round summer tire, Goodyear has utilized innovative technologies to unlock significant improvements in wet braking and dry handling without compromising ride comfort or road noise.

Key to the tire’s breadth of ability is Goodyear’s development of a highly-refined compound that combines wet weather capabilities without sacrificing endurance or dry handling performance. Thanks to a contact patch designed to extend when braking, the tire’s contact with the road increases to a level more usually associated with a track tire, resulting in wet stopping distances which are a significant 4 percent shorter compared to the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. [1]

Goodyear’s efforts to optimize performance focused on reducing flex in the tread pattern as lateral forces are transmitted. The resultant crisp, precise turn-in, higher grip levels and efficient, clean acceleration facilitate an improvement in dry handling. Feedback through the steering is also enhanced, providing a more communicative and confidence-inspiring driving experience.

Goodyear will introduce 51 SKUs between February and May 2019, with a further 10 arriving between June and December 2019. Goodyear will offer 17” to 22” diameters, 205 to 315 mm widths, and 50 to 25 side profiles, with intended fitments ranging from cars such as the Volkswagen Golf, through more luxurious cars such as the Mercedes C-Class and the BMW 3 series to the standard versions of the Porsche 911.

This will strongly position Goodyear to exploit the robust 8.3 percent year-on-year growth experienced by the 17” and above UHP tire segment since 2012, now accounting for 22 percent of overall summer volume. [2] Upper segment vehicle sales are also forecast to increase from 17.5 to 18.2 percent by 2023 [3], while UHP demand from north-east and south-east Europe expanding 18 and 25 percent year-on-year since 2012 further increases the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5’s relevance to the market. [4]

Good news for Goodyear fans. 

I am absolute fan of this, this looks awesome! 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Blueray said:

I think PS4 is the benchmark for other Tyre manufacturers to beat in the ultra-high performance sector.

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think PS4 is the benchmark for other Tyre manufacturers to beat in the ultra-high performance sector.

Guess can't go wrong with Goodyear or Michelin, just a matter of price.

Found this video useful cos most of us are in the 17 - 18" tyre space.

• Praise 2

few days ago i changed to a Pzero PZ4 size 235/55-18, speed load rating 100v. I pumped air to 270 and Wapianz more comfortable than previous 44k mileage Goodyear F1A3 235/50-18 which I pump 260. 

my previous F1A3 should be able to be used to 55k, as still have more than 1mm to the Safety depth marker. Good tyre this Goodyear F1A3 

my first thought is Pzero PZ4 is like a touring tyre for luxurious sedan.. no wonder it’s fitted on Merc E class. 

michelin PS4 lovers be reminded not to use the Pirelli as will most likely hate the soft sidewall. 

but I like....

I have to switch camp bec I preferred 235/55-18 which F1A5 does not have and have the size in 235/50-18 instead.. and Pirelli PZ4 is cheaper than the F1A5 

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The pss or ps4s yes.

But the standard ps4 i wont rate it higher then aysm 5 

(Thats why gy come out with super sport )

• Praise 2

On 5/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, ER-3682 said:

PS4/4s already so old,also the most expensive,hope Michelin quickly launch a new Tyre...PS5/5s.?

NEW DO NOT MEANT BETTER SOMETIME

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Shocked 1