Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

We all have the “kid moments” inside us. Just that the “toys” we played have changed. Hahahhaha. 😆 

hope you not going to upload your NSFW toys on MCF 😷

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I used to drive new set of F1 eagle 6 yrs ago, going through aquaplaning the steering wheel move, quite dangerous even at less than 80kmh

GY Assy tires have progress quite a bit. To give context, on my previous other brand tires, same car, raining day at PIE near to 80 KMH speed came, the water ponding normally can feel and the splash is less towards the opposite direction. 

With Assy 5, it actually splash to the other side of the traffic ..

• Praise 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

u mean like RPM fly when hitting the ponding water .. no leh ..

no exo growl as well just flicker twice but can feel some resistance like a tapping of brake.

I mean when at stop then u full throttle, i believe ur tyre will squeal as urs also FWD right

my superb friend use PS4 he said less squeal

currently superb stock using p7

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

27 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Anyone go test the infamous PIE anak bukit bend? 😁

my preferred entry point will be Lane 3 or Lane 4 ... [sly]

Lane 1 is for noobs ... [:p]

35 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Every driver had this urge inside him to test their new rubber on pools of water🤣

haha, ya, me bad.

my experience is AYE and PIE ponds a lot during heavy rain, so gotta be more alert if wanna play water.

long ago at a SHC meetup, a senior said to me, tio water, tio sand, tio oil, simi groove simi silica compound, simi rubber all also cannot one. [laugh]

46 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

if your car has traction control, the amber light will flicker .. I had no problem in the wet till higher than 120 .. but on 235 tires as my rim is 8J.

i was quite focused on the road as visibility was very low, so only had a quick glance at my speed.

kinda go by butt feel too, listening and sensing the feedback from the road.

my car is totally stock.

18 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I used to drive new set of F1 eagle 6 yrs ago, going through aquaplaning the steering wheel move, quite dangerous even at less than 80kmh

the issue with aquaplaning is that its hard to see the standing water until we get there, especially during downpours. 

my personal $0.02 is tyres with the 4 deep grooves are probably good enough for most wet conditions, just don't snap the steering and ebrake around a bend. 

cornering wise, I feel my previous RE003 was more reassuring than the As5. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
40 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

hope you not going to upload your NSFW toys on MCF 😷

Hahhaha. I tot good things must share? hahahah.

• Haha! 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:50 PM, IvanWenXiong said:

Just gotten F1A5 225/45/R18 at the price of $175

Coming from PS4 I feel this tyre is really value for money, sure not as good performance but well enough for SG road if not better worth. No regrets. 

Tbh in SG roads how fast you can go or corner at high speed..? I don't feel there's a need for high performance tyres unlike you're a frequent car racer/player in Malaysia. 

FB_IMG_1591797779474.jpg

Performance tyres can also be for better grip. No need to be driving very fast to get into accident due to poor tyre grip.

Sharing my experience. On Assy5 for about 9 months now, 13k mileage. Wet weather grip is good. Tyres are still considered fairly new of course, but at least at highway speeds and 'enthusiastic' throttle inputs in the wet it still maintains composure. Traction control would kick in already at the same level with other tyres.

Dry grip levels are reasonable. Ran Sportmaxx 050+, S007A before and those were better in the dry. Although not a fair comparison to the Assy5, as that's more a fight for the SuperSport. Progressive when reaching the limits of grip. So at least there is some indication before losing traction.

Not too shabby of a tyre for its price, good for daily driving. Might try SuperSport next to see if dry grip is comparable to S007A. Those are priced well too.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, tarbo said:

Sharing my experience. On Assy5 for about 9 months now, 13k mileage. Wet weather grip is good. Tyres are still considered fairly new of course, but at least at highway speeds and 'enthusiastic' throttle inputs in the wet it still maintains composure. Traction control would kick in already at the same level with other tyres.

Dry grip levels are reasonable. Ran Sportmaxx 050+, S007A before and those were better in the dry. Although not a fair comparison to the Assy5, as that's more a fight for the SuperSport. Progressive when reaching the limits of grip. So at least there is some indication before losing traction.

Not too shabby of a tyre for its price, good for daily driving. Might try SuperSport next to see if dry grip is comparable to S007A. Those are priced well too.

RE-71RS!!!!

20 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

wet performance?

Re 71rs is advertise as semi slick tyre.

But its street legal. . Quite funny i thought all semi slick  not legal?

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

wet performance?

48 minutes ago, Beregond said:

No lah! hahhaha. not for wet performance. Tarbo got go track one. So I disturb him to change to RE-71RS! :grin:

Wet performance I think Goodyear and Continental is the contender to beat.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

Have Tread means legal,but this Tyre super Noisy.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Tarbo got go track one. So I disturb him to change to RE-71RS! :grin:

Wet performance I think Goodyear and Continental is the contender to beat.

No need lah. I'm not chasing timing in Sepang. Slow driver. Ah pek chia leh.

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, tarbo said:

No need lah. I'm not chasing timing in Sepang. Slow driver. Ah pek chia leh.

means got skill. no need a good tyre to shed some seconds off.

Bridgestone RE71Rs definitely is HIgh performance tire suitable for track and Street (but pro Dry road conditions) do drive with care when road is Wet.

SO RE71Rs is not comparable to other Pure street tires like s007a even the XM2 

• Praise 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:06 PM, ER-3682 said:

Have Tread means legal,but this Tyre super Noisy.

Actually no. Depend on compound also.

Certain real semi slick compound tyres need heat up to have grip. Those are 100% ban on the road

They shoot pebbles onto rear car also.

Hi,

Anyone has experience with Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ compare with F1A5 ?    Received a good deal for the Sport Maxx 050+ at $110/- each, only for 245/45/17 profile though.

For F1A5 with this same profile, it will cost around 160?    

Basically my requirements - wet grip, noise and comfort.

Appreciate any feedback.

↡ Advertisement