Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Micb said:

Hi,

Anyone has experience with Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ compare with F1A5 ?    Received a good deal for the Sport Maxx 050+ at $110/- each, only for 245/45/17 profile though.

For F1A5 with this same profile, it will cost around 160?    

Basically my requirements - wet grip, noise and comfort.

Appreciate any feedback.

I was on Dunlop Sport Maxx, replaced with GY Efficientgrip Performance 2.  Meets your 3 requirements perfectly (like mine). Wet grip is very good. See my review on the other Efficientgrip thread. Was 140 per piece for R17/225. Not sure if they have R17 245. 

And I think the Dunlop wears faster compared to GY AS3 in my experience. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
17 minutes ago, Micb said:

Hi,

Anyone has experience with Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ compare with F1A5 ?    Received a good deal for the Sport Maxx 050+ at $110/- each, only for 245/45/17 profile though.

Appreciate any feedback.

Woah. It is cheap at $110 for 245/45/17!

I never tried Sport Maxx 050+ before, but here are some of my thoughts.

- Using Asymmetric design to give a better performance in griping and water drainage. 

- Very sporty thread pattern

- Made in Japan. (I think this is a very good selling point) *for me at least.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
On 6/30/2020 at 10:24 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. It is cheap at $110 for 245/45/17!

I never tried Sport Maxx 050+ before, but here are some of my thoughts.

- Using Asymmetric design to give a better performance in griping and water drainage. 

- Very sporty thread pattern

- Made in Japan. (I think this is a very good selling point) *for me at least.

I used to buy old stock clearance Advan tyres because they were good and cheap. 

But lately prices from Hankook and New branded tires makes it more reasonable to buy those Korean ones than jap

• Praise 2

On 6/30/2020 at 10:00 AM, Micb said:

Hi,

Appreciate any feedback.

Was on 050+ before. Compared to Assy5, wet grip is not as good, but noise seems lower... might just be me. The 050+s seem better in the dry also. 

• Praise 2

Thanks all for the replies ! 

I have since fitted the sport maxx 050+ given the low price, but stock is not so new.   This is the clearance price according to the tyre shop.

As this is the GY F1 thread, I shall not mention too much.   Having used the F1A3 and P7, I must say this is not too bad, from price to performance ratio.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Micb said:

Thanks all for the replies ! 

I have since fitted the sport maxx 050+ given the low price, but stock is not so new.   This is the clearance price according to the tyre shop.

As this is the GY F1 thread, I shall not mention too much.   Having used the F1A3 and P7, I must say this is not too bad, from price to performance ratio.

Its make in japan.

Fitted as orginal tyres for some japan cars(forgot what model. High cc saloon)

Its standard must be there😁

• Praise 2

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Beregond said:

Its make in japan.

Fitted as orginal tyres for some japan cars(forgot what model. High cc saloon)

Its standard must be there😁

Stock Tyres are often Budget Tyres,because Factory take the Costs into Account,even 7 Series BMW came with Hankook Tyre.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Stock Tyres are often Budget Tyres,because Factory take the Costs into Account,even 7 Series BMW came with Hankook Tyre.

Not all lah. hahah. Ford Focus RS is fitted on PS4 leh. hahah.

Twincharged
14 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

I maybe wrong but Hankook and dunlop , Goodyear got controlling interest in them.

19 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

not really i think, unless they low end burget model??

bmw using hankook is very recent, last time its alway a few standard brand, bridgestone gy.pirelli

Non performance cars may end up with "lousy" tyres. BMW 7 series although expensive is not a performance car. It's more likely you get a performance tyre if you bought a performance car. 

Twincharged
42 minutes ago, flashbang said:

Non performance cars may end up with "lousy" tyres. BMW 7 series although expensive is not a performance car. It's more likely you get a performance tyre if you bought a performance car. 

How to ''Define'' Performance Car.?

Hypersonic
22 hours ago, flashbang said:

The slowest 730i still take 6.3s to 100km/h and top speed of 250km/h. If that is not fast, what is fast.

• Praise 2

On 7/9/2020 at 6:21 PM, Beregond said:

not really i think, unless they low end burget model??

bmw using hankook is very recent, last time its alway a few standard brand, bridgestone gy.pirelli

Yah normally p7 cinturato for bmw 

if they use hankook that means hankook has improved alot

• Praise 1

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah normally p7 cinturato for bmw 

if they use hankook that means hankook has improved alot

Depends on Batches,& Factory Tender...

• Praise 1

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I think below 7s or even 8s need good tyre ald esp those with top speed up to 240-250kmh

Someone just posted a video showing a 2020 fit hybrid can do 0-100 on 7.5s. I think it comes with the typical city car comfort and cheapo tires. Haha. Surprised that a fit hybrid Can be that fast. 

• Shocked 1

29 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Someone just posted a video showing a 2020 fit hybrid can do 0-100 on 7.5s. I think it comes with the typical city car comfort and cheapo tires. Haha. Surprised that a fit hybrid Can be that fast. 

Next time see fit hybrid in red light better don’t jio😂

↡ Advertisement