Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

15 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

According to a few Friends,softer Sidewall,quieter than PS4...grip not so good.

good enough for me...never really utilize PS4 to the max anyway🤣

was looking at the Efficientgrip Performance 2 as well, but they dont come in 245/45/17😥

↡ Advertisement

32 minutes ago, Rbthx0408 said:

good enough for me...never really utilize PS4 to the max anyway🤣

was looking at the Efficientgrip Performance 2 as well, but they dont come in 245/45/17😥

EG is comfortable and very quiet with more than enough grip for day to day. Am on it now. (215 or 225 R17 for mine)

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

According to a few Friends,softer Sidewall,quieter than PS4...grip not so good.

if wet grip i believe aysm 5 should be better. 

softer sidewall then ps4? i dun think so. maybe  depend on size

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

EG is comfortable and very quiet with more than enough grip for day to day. Am on it now. (215 or 225 R17 for mine)

yaa..read good reviews on these tyres as well...

for me now comfort is more important...I dont drive hard enough to need "performance" tyres also

for me the price difference vs michelin's PS4/Primacy was the reason for the GY consideration...and my PS4 looks quite worn at less than 25k probably need to change at 30k...not even driven hard

Just changed my tyre to Assy 5 this afternoon for size 235/50/18 at $180 per tyre.

Traffic is heavy after drive out from tyre shop so no chance to try the handling.

Initial feel the tyre ride comfort is good for a performance tyre. Noise wise only slightly quieter than my old Primacy 4 at 50k km.

Which still have about 30% tread. These show the Primacy 4 is really quiet, even when almost wear out. Primacy 4 handling actually also quite good. Never continue to use because is about $40 more expensive per tyre.

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Tohto said:

Just changed my tyre to Assy 5 this afternoon for size 235/50/18 at $180 per tyre.

Traffic is heavy after drive out from tyre shop so no chance to try the handling.

Initial feel the tyre ride comfort is good for a performance tyre. Noise wise only slightly quieter than my old Primacy 4 at 50k km.

Which still have about 30% tread. These show the Primacy 4 is really quiet, even when almost wear out. Primacy 4 handling actually also quite good. Never continue to use because is about $40 more expensive per tyre.

I changed to Assy 5 from PS4 just before the rainy season. The previous PS4 had 35k km on them after 3 years, but already the front tyres were "graining" i.e bits of 5 cent size rubber coming off all over the driving surface. Glad to say that the Assy 5 is as good as PS4 in the wet or dry even though cheaper per tyre by about $60. I did test the grip during our period of heavy rains. The Assy 5 was gripping well and sluicing through pools of water.

I has Premacy 3 as stock before the PS4. The Premacy 3 was quiet, very durable tyre. At 3 years and 36k, wear and tear marks very low and still quiet. However, grip in the wet was never its strong point. Every time I come in from the rain to my condo covered car park, even at low speeds there, there would be loud squealing. Around flowing bends in wet, there was a perceptible loss of grip with PRemacy 3. Both the PS4 and Assy 5  did great in similar circumstances    

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I finally changed out the CSC6 after using ard 50k on them to the Assy 5.

19" Made in Germany, 3Q 2020 stock. Been using it for a month so considered scrubbed in n can give some subjective FR

To cut a long story short: Gotta say the CSC6 is superior in almost every way i.e steering feel, cornering grip, lower noise, general comfort

But as usual w my other experiences w Assy 1 & 3, the Assy 5 seems to feel better in the wet than dry

But then, the Assy 5 is a lot cheaper than the CSC6 so overall it's quite ok for the price & value equation 

• Praise 7

Anyone has the pricing for 245/45/17 for these F1A5?

My current P7 going to change out soon.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, Micb said:

Anyone has the pricing for 245/45/17 for these F1A5?

My current P7 going to change out soon.

Thanks

225 r17 was about 135 last year when I considered it (got the Efficient Grip instead). 245 probably a couple to tens more. 

Edited by Volvobrick

18 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

225 r17 was about 135 last year when I considered it (got the Efficient Grip instead). 245 probably a couple to tens more. 

Thank you, I will budget around 150-180 range for 245/45/17 then.

• Praise 1

I don't drive particularly fast, but doing expressway exit sweeping bends at 70kph when it's very wet is fine with my tyres, and they have done almost 40k km.

I don't really notice tyre noise but it doesnt bother me much.

Normal user, no complaints. Probably get back the same tyre if i do keep my car.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

20 hours ago, Soya said:

I finally changed out the CSC6 after using ard 50k on them to the Assy 5.

19" Made in Germany, 3Q 2020 stock. Been using it for a month so considered scrubbed in n can give some subjective FR

To cut a long story short: Gotta say the CSC6 is superior in almost every way i.e steering feel, cornering grip, lower noise, general comfort

But as usual w my other experiences w Assy 1 & 3, the Assy 5 seems to feel better in the wet than dry

But then, the Assy 5 is a lot cheaper than the CSC6 so overall it's quite ok for the price & value equation 

yeah, strongest justification for Assy 5 is the price.

when I was doing my homework, PS4 and RE003 were like at least $25 more a piece.

sidewall of Assy 5 is not the very firm type so now I have to slow down a bit while cornering. :D

have done one rotation on mine, wear rate on all 4 is quite acceptable.

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Micb said:

Thank you, I will budget around 150-180 range for 245/45/17 then.

I think this is possible. 

Mine 235/50/18 changed on Feb is $180.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Blueray said:

when I was doing my homework, PS4 and RE003 were like at least $25 more a piece.

sidewall of Assy 5 is not the very firm type so now I have to slow down a bit while cornering. :D

Try pump slightly higher pressure then you usually pump.

9 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Try pump slightly higher pressure then you usually pump.

already 250 for all 4.

Supersonic
On 3/19/2021 at 10:07 AM, Blueray said:

Tink Goodyear moved the F1's performance benchmark to the Eagle Supersport w firmer sidewalls 

The Assy 5 is more like a generic UHP tyre now. Good for the price but not the under-rated king anymore 

• Praise 1

Lazy to start a new Topic,just ask the Tyre Gurus here,if my Car Tyre Pressure Label printed 36psi on 17" Tyre,i upgrade to 19",is it follow the Pressure or put higher Pressure.?

↡ Advertisement