Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

My F1A5 seems more quiet than my PS4S too. It is not apple to apple comparison though as PS4S was old vs my F1A5 is new. Overall I still prefer F1A5 over PS4S for the value for money. I got my F1A5 from tire rack too. Was the cheapest so far when I did the comparison earlier this year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

After 15,000km, this is how it looks. Still has plenty of meat for thousands more kilometres I believe.

20210514_095227.thumb.jpg.acf85032a679c7295698d3472998304e.jpg

It does get noticeably noisier near the 10,000km mark. But after rotation it is better.

Grip and braking remain top notch as when they were new.

• Praise 6

Twincharged
7 hours ago, iamahbee said:

After 15,000km, this is how it looks. Still has plenty of meat for thousands more kilometres I believe.

20210514_095227.thumb.jpg.acf85032a679c7295698d3472998304e.jpg

It does get noticeably noisier near the 10,000km mark. But after rotation it is better.

Grip and braking remain top notch as when they were new.

Any Cracks,as mentioned by one of the Brother here.?

1 hour ago, Nousername said:

Hi guys, any lobang on where to get the f1a5? I've looked around its $135 for 17". Is this the standard pricing? 

It was when I last changed tyres. Try Yap Bros at Toh Guan. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Nousername said:

Hi guys, any lobang on where to get the f1a5? I've looked around its $135 for 17". Is this the standard pricing? 

My colleague get at yap brother kaki bukit 215/45/17 for $115.

If 225/45/17 should ge slightly higher.

• Praise 1

Was quoted $155 for 245/45/17.  Is this price ok?

Anyone has any recommendation?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Micb said:

Was quoted $155 for 245/45/17.  Is this price ok?

Anyone has any recommendation?

Thanks.

Is reasonable. Provided the shop also gives free rotation and life-time nitrogen top-up. These are services worth paying for even if the cost is slightly higher

@Nousername 

Give a call to Automotive Tech at 3 International Road. Look for Mike or Mr Swee. I got my 225/45/19 from them early this year and it was a very good price and the tyres were fresh also.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks all for the recommendation! 

Btw some noob qns here:

1. For the nitrogen topup, is there any different to the air that we usually pump in petrol station? I.e. Nitrogen will improve performance etc.?

2. Usually the price will include balancing right? Usually have to topup how much more if ask them to help install tpms?

3. My current tyre is in 215/50/17. So the bigger the width, the better the handling? And the lower the profile, the rougher the ride?

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Nousername said:

Btw some noob qns here:

1. For the nitrogen topup, is there any different to the air that we usually pump in petrol station? I.e. Nitrogen will improve performance etc.?

2. Usually the price will include balancing right? Usually have to topup how much more if ask them to help install tpms?

3. My current tyre is in 215/50/17. So the bigger the width, the better the handling? And the lower the profile, the rougher the ride?

nitrogen molecule is bigger then oxygen. so leak from your tyres slower, in short if dun need to pump your tyres so often if its fill with pure nitrogen

nitrogen also maintain its pressure better then oxygen, in short ,  your tyres pressure rise a little when it heat up through driving compare to normal air

here come the tricky part, if your tyre is fill with pure n2, u can mix with normal air no issue, but then it defeat the purpose of n2 in the first place. then for the sake of maintaining pure n2 , u need to purposely make a long trip to fill up?? not every 1 so hardworking. imagine u puncture and patch somewhere neareat and they no n2.

another tricky part, how pure if the n2 u fill up at the tyre shop?? they dun buy the n2 from tanks, they buy a machine that process n2 from normal air. the machine work by processing normal air through many many filters to filter out o2 or water. i got no ideal how pure those n2 is.

Edited by Beregond

2 hours ago, Cheong72 said:

@Nousername 

Give a call to Automotive Tech at 3 International Road. Look for Mike or Mr Swee. I got my 225/45/19 from them early this year and it was a very good price and the tyres were fresh also.

if only size 235/55/19 is available....argh!!!!!

Neutral Newbie

@Beregond thanks for the explanation! Maybe for a start pumping n2 is something that's good to have. Down the road I will just pump from petrol station since it's rather near my place

8 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

if only size 235/55/19 is available....argh!!!!!

this 1 is suv size.

they come A3 suv, i think. 

so far never seen A5 SUV before

Neutral Newbie
47 minutes ago, Nousername said:

Btw some noob qns here:

Adding on the my previous qn, #3 I don't have to use back the exact same size as my current tyre right? Or I have to go down and ask them to check? TIA

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Nousername said:

@Beregond thanks for the explanation! Maybe for a start pumping n2 is something that's good to have. Down the road I will just pump from petrol station since it's rather near my place

its good. even non pure n2 r dry air is better then normal air. but its too troubesome to keep going back for it.

personally i welcome them to pump n2 for me the first time i replace tyre.

but i wont insists to top up with n2 after that,  i fill whenever necessary and most convenience.

if your current size is 215.50.17 and that is the size recommended by your car mafu.

and your rim is the original rim, and your car no modify like lower before, i highly recommended u use back the same size, 

(u open the driver side door, normally can see the original there inside, some conti car put at the fuel cap there. )

Edited by Beregond
↡ Advertisement