Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

(edited)

Anyone know is F1A5 have 215/55/17?

Been searching for a good tyre of this size but seems like this size only got a few models like primacy 4 or efficientgrip performance. 

Edited by Se3h3ng
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

@Beregond my rim was changed from 15 to 17 by the previous owner. And I've been using my current tyre spec since I took over the car. So just want to know can tyre spec diff by a bit as I think the f1a5 does not have the exact 215/50/17 spec. 

Edited by Nousername

3 minutes ago, Nousername said:

@Beregond my rim was changed from 15 to 17 by the previous owner. And I've been using my current tyre spec since I took over the car. So just want to know can tyre spec diff by a bit as I think the f1a5 does not have the exact 212/50/17 spec. 

i dun know your car make, or your rim spec, so i cannot really comment lol

15-17? assume some of the more popular car, wish? altis? stream ? cerato? this size is ok, another popular size is 225.45.17

4 minutes ago, Nousername said:

@Beregond haha yeah it's a stream. Perhaps I'll call and enquire. Thanks much! 

ya, old stream 15' is 205.65.15, 

if u go count, 215.50.17 is he perfect size, for  a normal 17' aftermarket rim. so dun worry

( a not so normal 17' rim is the original 17' rim from stream rsz. that 1 is really odd, )

2 hours ago, Se3h3ng said:

Anyone know is F1A5 have 215/55/17?

Been searching for a good tyre of this size but seems like this size only got a few models like primacy 4 or efficientgrip performance. 

You might have to go 225/50 R17.... Same size as my Efficient Grip. 

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Nousername said:

Thanks all for the recommendation! 

Btw some noob qns here:

1. For the nitrogen topup, is there any different to the air that we usually pump in petrol station? I.e. Nitrogen will improve performance etc.?

scientifically normal air(33% nitro) and Nitro (99%) is diff in content , Nitro is a Lazy gas so it doesnt react to any thing so it is cooler and better pressure Maintain(need not have to top up as often as normal Air . but in reality it may turn up diff FYI 

2. Usually the price will include balancing right? Usually have to topup how much more if ask them to help install tpms?

is a tradition to include all in for Tire shop also include new Rubber valves stem and GST  and all 4 balancing (not sure about workshop), so beware of some may ask you to pay for 

the rubber valve and GST if official invoice is requested. ALways as the Detail package and observe are they really deliver what they said especially the 4 wheel balancing.

as for tpms i think they probably charge you because this Tpms is not a standard item from the shop.

3. My current tyre is in 215/50/17. So the bigger the width, the better the handling? And the lower the profile, the rougher the ride?

my answer to you Yes in general.

@Nousername 

• Praise 1

My tyre shop always installs the tpms I brought along FOC. They only shaked their head when I told them it costs 39 bucks, while their Taiwan set were priced at hundreds of dollars... 😅

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/2021-Tyre-Reviews-UHP-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

not sure how accurate and objective this website is but F1A5 did very well

I’m on these tyres for about year and find them pretty good, especially in the wet. Dry grip is good while noise and ride comfort are ok.  Not the cheapest tyres but very value for $ compared to Michelin (I tried Primacy 4) which tend to quite pricey 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jamesgetz said:

I’m on these tyres for about year and find them pretty good, especially in the wet. Dry grip is good while noise and ride comfort are ok.  Not the cheapest tyres but very value for $ compared to Michelin (I tried Primacy 4) which tend to quite pricey 

Agreed. I am also using it now for about 2 months. Value for money, the wet grip is especially good.

Previous tyre was also Primacy 4, which I will need to pay $40 more per tyre if continue to use it. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

20 hours ago, Jamesgetz said:

Agree too. Am on these tyres (205 45 17) for about 20k kms already and still very good grip and compliant on the roads. The noise though, is higher than when it was 5k - 10k. But not to the extent where I cannot tahan.. I got the tyres at a good price too compared to a PS4.

• Praise 1

Anyone using runflats for AS5? I was looking at the local sg domain goodyear website, but i don't see any ROF sizes listed for AS5. But I saw ROF sizes for AS5 on European websites. Am currently using AS3 runflats, not the best dry traction, but good enough for my occasional spirited driving style

Agreed. Switched from  Michelin PS4 to F1 Asy to save some money. Normal day to day driving in wet, very wet or dry, no difference. I am still way below the limit of either the PS4 or Asy5. I confidently cut through deep puddles with both brands.

I went from Primacy 3 to PS4. The grip improvement was huge. I was never happy with the Primacy 3 that came with the car and quickly went to PS4 when I hit 24k km even though the 3 was still in great shape. The PS4 was great driving tyre, but lasted only 2.5 years and about 24k Km before started to bead. 

The Primacy range is comfort biased, high mileage soft tyre with mediocre grip in the wet. My car rolled more at corners with the Primacy. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Yep, AS5 always my first choice. (Relatively) cheap and good. But right now i am trying out Falken FK510 due to a good offer. So far so good too. 

7 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Yep, AS5 always my first choice. (Relatively) cheap and good. But right now i am trying out Falken FK510 due to a good offer. So far so good too. 

cheaper then A5 ?

now A5 is almost dirt cheap, lol

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

cheaper then A5 ?

now A5 is almost dirt cheap, lol

Ya man. I bought 255/40/19 and  AS5 was $225/pc (i.e. $900 for 4) and FK510 was $750 for 4 (The Tyre Terminal, LINK@AMK). But he did say it was a promo. Not sure now is how much. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2