Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

Anyone switching their 225/45/17 out? 

Need 1piece for my left, think I had a puncture before and the edge wore out alot more than the centre, the same other 3 still had 70% wear and I don't want to change all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, Rbthx0408 said:

Need 1piece for my left, think I had a puncture before and the edge wore out alot more than the centre, the same other 3 still had 70% wear and I don't want to change all.

Go for wheel alignment first. If not you will need to buy all 4 old tyres. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Rbthx0408 said:

sound like you had been running on underinflated tire for a long time.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, Vratenza said:

Some people lazy or don't know how to top up tyre pressure..

• Sad 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, Vratenza said:

Haiz...wifey driving most of the time

still can see the affected tyre's threads clearly except for the edges getting almost flat. just want to switch that out quickly. Considering the rest still look quite ok, 70+% remaining.

18 minutes ago, Rbthx0408 said:

still can see the affected tyre's threads clearly except for the edges getting almost flat. just want to switch that out quickly. Considering the rest still look quite ok, 70+% remaining.

If the side of tyre is wear out and have no thread, water will not able to drain out and can skid easily during rain. Should change all 4 tyres immediately.

Tyre is the only contact for a car on the road, never be stingy for a tyre. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Tohto said:

If the side of tyre is wear out and have no thread, water will not able to drain out and can skid easily during rain. Should change all 4 tyres immediately.

Tyre is the only contact for a car on the road, never be stingy for a tyre. 

Ehh...actually only 1 tyre on the left showing the wear, the rest is still has at least 70+% thread. That's why I am looking for just that one to replace.

Just now, Rbthx0408 said:

Ehh...actually only 1 tyre on the left showing the wear, the rest is still has at least 70+% thread. That's why I am looking for just that one to replace.

That's mean your car wheel alignment will need to check.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Rbthx0408 said:

Consider changing 2 at least, put in the rear and move the 70+% pair to the front. 

Monitor the tyre pressure every other week. Consider getting those portable rechargeable tire pump that you can set tire pressure and pump all 4 tires monthly without having to drive your car to the petrol stations. That is what I do for the car my wife drives all the time. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Goodyear f1 assy6 is out .. but the price seems too close to Michelin pilot sports ..

anyone know which grip better in wet?

image.thumb.png.4d4fb8d8ec3ca61ff3582c953051c757.png

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 3

Hi, great to see so much discussions on this tire!  I actually read thru all the 35 pages in 3hours!  A question to all.  My 530i comes stock with Assy5 20in stagger.  Compared with my previous 520i which came with stock 18in Cinturato, i find that Assy5 actually feels MORE slippery in the wet than Cinturato.  And when i drive down my house basement carpark bend, when i brake to turn, sometimes it actually slide like power slide…scary.  This doesn’t happen in the Cinturato.  

Is there any issue with my tires since i keep reading Assy5 has excellent wet grip….so I’m quite perplexed.  

Also is there any recommendations for a good tire 20in (RFT would be bonus) that feels great in wet cornering driving?  Actually just excellent in the wet?  TIA!

Edited by F10_Blackhawk

6 hours ago, F10_Blackhawk said:

@E60F30  Thanks…will keep that in mind.  Think it does not come with run-flat though.  Think my WS propose PS3 instead.

Why want Run Flat.?It is Heavy,Less Choice & Expensive,i ditched my Run Flat,the very 1st Day Car out from Agent.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1