Internal Moderator
51 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

NEW DO NOT MEANT BETTER SOMETIME

Try not to full caps next time! We must practise forum etiquette. :a-rulez:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

(edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 11:57 AM, Chucky2007 said:

few days ago i changed to a Pzero PZ4 size 235/55-18, speed load rating 100v. I pumped air to 270 and Wapianz more comfortable than previous 44k mileage Goodyear F1A3 235/50-18 which I pump 260. 

my previous F1A3 should be able to be used to 55k, as still have more than 1mm to the Safety depth marker. Good tyre this Goodyear F1A3 

my first thought is Pzero PZ4 is like a touring tyre for luxurious sedan.. no wonder it’s fitted on Merc E class. 

michelin PS4 lovers be reminded not to use the Pirelli as will most likely hate the soft sidewall. 

but I like....

I have to switch camp bec I preferred 235/55-18 which F1A5 does not have and have the size in 235/50-18 instead.. and Pirelli PZ4 is cheaper than the F1A5 

Everytime I changed tires I always felt comfortable immediately after. Except the time I changed to BF goodrich ones.

Anyway, more constructively, I think its more becos of your increasing 50 to 55 ratio. I changed from 225/45/17 to 225/50/17 last year and it felt comfortable from start till 1 year now. Both sets of tires are the same F1A3, same country, similar pressure. The 50s basically felt more cushioned. Its obvious to me even now. F1A3 is known to have soft sidewall.

Edited by Columbian78

Twincharged
(edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 12:19 PM, Beregond said:

The pss or ps4s yes.

But the standard ps4 i wont rate it higher then aysm 5 

(Thats why gy come out with super sport )

the ps4s has limited size and 18' is hard to come by

currently on gy assy5 and the grip and steering response is an improvement over the assy 3. It feels "meaty" for the steering feel.  

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

the ps4s has limited size and 18' is hard to come by

currently on gy assy5 and the grip and steering response is an improvement over the assy 3. It feels "meaty" for the steering feel.  

Ya i feel aysm 5 is the most value for money performance tyres in sg 17' +

Grip (dry and wet) noise level

I will take it any time over ps4 (ps4 dun lose on grip but they are noiser)

Re003 is another good choice.

I would put ps4s at another cat (extreme performance.)

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 5/23/2020 at 6:41 AM, Blueray said:

Isn't Continental PremiumContact a different category than the other 2? Should be more comfort rather than sports

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Isn't Continental PremiumContact a different category than the other 2? Should be more comfort rather than sports

That's a good point. Should compare with the sportcontact6?

Maybe the SC6 doesn't have 17' so not a good comparison.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Beregond said:

Ya i feel aysm 5 is the most value for money performance tyres in sg 17' +

Grip (dry and wet) noise level

I will take it any time over ps4 (ps4 dun lose on grip but they are noiser)

Re003 is another good choice.

I would put ps4s at another cat (extreme performance.)

oh yes, RE003 had firm sidewalls (so did the RE001 AND RE002) which were really sweet.

think RE004 has already been launched. 

1 minute ago, boonhat_91 said:

not a follower of Conti tyres myself, but my impression is up to 5, the line between comfort (CPC) and performance (CSC) was quite clear, but when the 6 came around, it was somewhat blurred and CPC 6 was not positioned as a comfort tyre anymore ? 

• Praise 3

21 minutes ago, Blueray said:

somewhat blurred and CPC 6 was not positioned as a comfort tyre anymore ? 

yes its some what of a hybric got performance in dry and wet, and not as noisy as csc6 at the same time.

western brand tyres like michein gy conti very seldom have pure comfort model/tyres like japan brand

(maybe cos most conti car are very heavy? design for pure comfort and quiet tyres cannot work for them like turanza 005a db552 vero 303 (  i cat these as pure comfort tyres quiet , good on rain, normal dry grip )

• Praise 2

46 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

That's a good point. Should compare with the sportcontact6?

Maybe the SC6 doesn't have 17' so not a good comparison.

yes, think CSC 6 came out after CPC 6 and it was available only in large sizes.

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

yes its some what of a hybric got performance in dry and wet, and not as noisy as csc6 at the same time.

western brand tyres like michein gy conti very seldom have pure comfort model/tyres like japan brand

(maybe cos most conti car are very heavy? design for pure comfort and quiet tyres cannot work for them like turanza 005a db552 vero 303 (  i cat these as pure comfort tyres quiet , good on rain, normal dry grip )

I had a look at CPC 6 at Stamford Tyre shortly after it was launched, also Stamford Tyre pricing, so ... [lipsrsealed]

Think for our local context, PS4 and As5 are the value for money options for those looking for 17" - 18". When I was tyre hunting some months back many shops were not carrying RE003 anymore, guess they were just waiting for RE004. 

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I had a look at CPC 6 at Stamford Tyre shortly after it was launched, also Stamford Tyre pricing, so ... [lipsrsealed]

Think for our local context, PS4 and As5 are the value for money options for those looking for 17" - 18". When I was tyre 

michein price have been knock rock btm by pi import. every 1 big and small is bringing them in. 

gy tyres got 3 dealer/ supplier in sg that i know of, so u can imagine the price fight. its rock btm also.

i think stamford dun have so much price war to fight, thats why their price higher then other conti brand, 

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

michein price have been knock rock btm by pi import. every 1 big and small is bringing them in. 

gy tyres got 3 dealer/ supplier in sg that i know of, so u can imagine the price fight. its rock btm also.

i think stamford dun have so much price war to fight, thats why their price higher then other conti brand, 

Very good observation. 🙂

• Haha! 1

Needing a set of tyres soon (R17/50/225).  Anyone with AS 5 care to comment on the noise level vs more comfort biased tyres?  My priorities are quietness and wet grip.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Looks like the user reviews are all positive! Now I will just look out for promo and good deal!

We have done a MCF review campaign with goodyear and there are quite alot of genuine reviewers who have gave us thier feedback! all very positive.

@Sdf4786k also using. haha. You can ask him. 🤣

I am using Bridgestone S007A. If value for money wise, I think GY win lah. hahha.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

We have done a MCF review campaign with goodyear and there are quite alot of genuine reviewers who have gave us thier feedback! all very positive.

@Sdf4786k also using. haha. You can ask him. 🤣

I am using Bridgestone S007A. If value for money wise, I think GY win lah. hahha.

Anything that’s c&g normally I will buy .. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Needing a set of tyres soon (R17/50/225).  Anyone with AS 5 care to comment on the noise level vs more comfort biased tyres?  My priorities are quietness and wet grip.

Previous set was RE003, so now anything is quiet to me. [laugh]

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised by As 5 wet grip, was caught in heavy downpours on AYE twice recently and they only started losing traction at above 90km/h.

Goodyear promotions are usually non-monetary, eg sports bag, back pack, weighing scale, in recent years, and are posted on their website. 

My friend and I got our As 5 from Tyre Track at Northpoint Bizhub as recommended by bro @Dynaway

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

Previous set was RE003, so now anything is quiet to me. [laugh]

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised by As 5 wet grip, was caught in heavy downpours on AYE twice recently and they only started losing traction at above 90km/h.

Goodyear promotions are usually non-monetary, eg sports bag, back pack, weighing scale, in recent years, and are posted on their website. 

My friend and I got our As 5 from Tyre Track at Northpoint Bizhub as recommended by bro @Dynaway

as long as raining day, jam brake once and avoid hitting anything, the price of the tyres and ROI return by 4 folds liao.

that's what I like about GY tires. Not so good is always need to check for inner side wall crack in previous Assy 3..

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement