Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

Maybe they want to "1-up" Michelin.

Since Michelin is PS4 now, they'll introduce F1A5 to cement the impression that it is a newer Tyre with designation "5" rather than the PS which is a designation "4".

Being newer, it will be a better version.

Being newer doesn't mean it is better hor... Remember what happened to Samsung skipping Note 6 and jump straight to Note 7?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_7

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/smartphones/timeline-of-samsungs-753b-overheating-galaxy-note7-smartphone-debacle

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Maybe they want to "1-up" Michelin.

Since Michelin is PS4 now, they'll introduce F1A5 to cement the impression that it is a newer Tyre with designation "5" rather than the PS which is a designation "4".

Being newer, it will be a better version.

haha ... yeah, the marketing guys should have said the performance is a major quantum leap over the F1A3 so therefore can dare dare skip a number.  [laugh]

haha ... yeah, the marketing guys should have said the performance is a major quantum leap over the F1A3 so therefore can dare dare skip a number.  [laugh]

should improve alot.

F1A3 is in the market for very long.

way over due for upgrade.

very eagle to see the EVO testing, where they cover the tyres brand from the driver to do the testing. [sly]

Don't drag politics into this thread lah. [:|]  I think mainly because of the world largest consumer market that they skip "4", just like some buildings overseas do not have level 4, 13, 14, etc.

Remembered Alfa Romeo have to rename their 164 to 168 in Asia previously. Market (and buyer) sensitivity cannot be ignored.

My experience with 2 sets of F1A2 was good, each lasting me around 60K Km before I changed due to rubber hardening (thread is still more than enough).

Wanted to change to F1A3 in Sep last year, but as they don't have stock for RFT, changed to Efficient Grip instead, and so far so good, after close to 14K Km. Will keep a close watch on market feedback before deciding what is next...

why go with RFT ? u go Malaysia often ?

I find the premium and the handling is affected.

• Praise 1

just nice my new rims arrive in Feb.

hopefully the F1A5 is available then :grin:

pricing wise, hopefully it's cheaper than PS4. i just refuse to pay the premium for PS4.

Change rims again? Or change car bro?
  • Praise 1

LOL! This tire is probably gonna be a joke compared to Michelin.  Look at how curved the sidewall is. It's gonna be super soft when you corner. f**k Goodyear! American trash!

• Praise 2