Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

17 hours ago, Beregond said:

ya. from various test it seem so.

but 007a sidewall is damn hard, those that love solid sidewall just go potenza ( more ride stability i feel)

007a is higher price then a5

Yup first hump I went over after I changed to S007A gave me a shock (pun intended😁). But really liking the good feedback from them compared to the softer CSC6 though ultimate grip might go to the latter.

14 hours ago, Verceroy said:

Basis purely my own experience, the V105 steering felt vague.  Grip, even on straights, weren't as reassuring as the Pirellis.  In terms of performance, I just felt it somehow lagged the PZ4 from the get-go.  Rating wise, I would still rate PZ4 first, followed by F1A5 and then the V105.  IMO, PZ4 is an underrated tyre; overall performance is a touch better than the F1A5.  However, the price differential of $50/pc was enough to tip me to GY.  Plus, as I said, the stellar reviews of the F1A5 just made me want to experience for myself.  I had tried their earlier F1A1 before, lucky not to suffer the sidewall crack issue that was rampant then.  But the noise levels crept ever so steadily after crossing 10,000Km.  I hope the noise levels for these F1A5 stay acceptable longer than their earlier offerings.

CSC6 was one of the options before on my list, but I crossed it out due to consistent feedback of it having a higher-than-normal wear rate.  Of course, you cannot have the best of both worlds of good grip and (reasonably) low tyre wear.  My mileage may be considered higher than average (~32K/yr) and with 245/35/19, rubbers aren't so cheap so have to do a balance on needs and wants 😁

V105 really seems quite bad.. I still have around a month left on the S007A to think hard! F1 A5 (and other GY tyres for that matter) really do offer alot for the money it seems. You would probably appreciate the good feedback of the S007A then, and I think they cost roughly the same. Dry grip might even be better than PZ4; do let us know your thoughts once you get to try them out!

Wear rate, I initially thought S007A would be better than CSC6, but now seems equal or worse. But it might be due to the more spirited driving from the better feedback lol. I have staggered setup (245/40 R19 and 275/35 R19) so tyre choices are definitely limited as a result..

22 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Don't take my word for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. Watch this!

Man, all the work seems like overkill for a van! But pretty impressive. Btw bro you still running your S007A? How they holding up so far and compare to F1 SS?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, STiYaKuzA said:

Yup first hump I went over after I changed to S007A gave me a shock (pun intended😁). But really liking the good feedback from them compared to the softer CSC6 though ultimate grip might go to the latter.

V105 really seems quite bad.. I still have around a month left on the S007A to think hard! F1 A5 (and other GY tyres for that matter) really do offer alot for the money it seems. You would probably appreciate the good feedback of the S007A then, and I think they cost roughly the same. Dry grip might even be better than PZ4; do let us know your thoughts once you get to try them out!

Wear rate, I initially thought S007A would be better than CSC6, but now seems equal or worse. But it might be due to the more spirited driving from the better feedback lol. I have staggered setup (245/40 R19 and 275/35 R19) so tyre choices are definitely limited as a result..

Man, all the work seems like overkill for a van! But pretty impressive. Btw bro you still running your S007A? How they holding up so far and compare to F1 SS?

(for the video) I think okay lah. cuz that is their video crew team workhorse, plus their shoot is all around taiwan, so mod a bit to get the comfort, it is alright. they do cruising from time to time.

(for my car) I am now on RE004 now! I just changed not long ago, so I have not much feedback. The only thing is that the tread pattern is more "aggressive" than S007A. Sidewall is not as hard as S007A. If you want more sporty and good feedback, I think S007A will be a wiser one.

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

(for the video) I think okay lah. cuz that is their video crew team workhorse, plus their shoot is all around taiwan, so mod a bit to get the comfort, it is alright. they do cruising from time to time.

(for my car) I am now on RE004 now! I just changed not long ago, so I have not much feedback. The only thing is that the tread pattern is more "aggressive" than S007A. Sidewall is not as hard as S007A. If you want more sporty and good feedback, I think S007A will be a wiser one.

wow u very fast. re004 just release.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

RE004 still have stiff sidewalls I suppose ?

Used RE001, RE002 and RE003, the stiff sidewalls were so sweet. [thumbsup]

So the softer sidewalls of the GY Assy 5 took some getting used to. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
On 8/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, STiYaKuzA said:

Thanks for your input. Quite disappointed to know it can't match up to PZ4 (which is also one of the tyres I want to try in the future, along with the original P Zeroes, and F1 SS, once my sizes become available). Were the V105s that bad from the start or did their performance degrade quickly over time? Also how'd you rate the F1 A5 against PZ4 (though the comparison isn't really equal)?

S007A I would say is a mixed bag; though their dry is on par or even better than CSC6 in some instances, their wet isn't that good, particularly the raw grip. I noticed more occasions where the TCS lit up during initial acceleration, and if I were to disable it, would take longer to regain grip from wheelspin. Wet handling however was still acceptable and gives ample confidence, probably due to better road feedback than CSC6 in general, though I didn't try wet handling limits for either tyres due to safety concerns haha. I didn't try GY in the past so can't give an objective opinion, but i believe F1 A5 likely has better wet performance than S007A and even CSC6.

Do go for the S007A next; first hand experience is the best and you will definitely keep thinking till you try it out!

seems to concur with the general expectations of yokohama. tried AD07, Advan V521 aspec dB, A013. somehow yoko are just one level down from bridgestone, michelin. wet is pretty lacking from yokohama. never heard of a good wet braking or handling tire from them.

11 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

seems to concur with the general expectations of yokohama. tried AD07, Advan V521 aspec dB, A013. somehow yoko are just one level down from bridgestone, michelin. wet is pretty lacking from yokohama. never heard of a good wet braking or handling tire from them.

wa.. u feel yoko bad in the wet, u still try so many of their model

ages ago i got bad experience, then stop all the way already . 😁

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

wa.. u feel yoko bad in the wet, u still try so many of their model

ages ago i got bad experience, then stop all the way already . 😁

all old models mentioned. the last one was A13 which came on swift sport.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Blueray said:

RE004 still have stiff sidewalls I suppose ?

Used RE001, RE002 and RE003, the stiff sidewalls were so sweet. [thumbsup]

So the softer sidewalls of the GY Assy 5 took some getting used to. 

Yeah. But I kinda feel S007A is stiffer. Must drive more than will know.

• Praise 1

Dilemma - Yoko V105 vs Pirelli PZ New vs GY F1A5

Current setup is BS S007A, 19” 235/40. 

My first ever attempt to go into UHP tyres and land me into getting BS S007A. I have no prior experience of comparing with other UHP Tyres but damm the grip and control on S007A is so so so x100 much better than just normal tyres. Be it dry or wet...the grip/response/bite on the road is top notch. Not even once until now that I experience any sort of aqua planning during heavy pouring. (Don’t wish to expose speed during wet, everyone need to drive safe). The sidewalls are famously known to be super hard/tough, indeed very true. The only complain I have is the lifespan. Already done close to 22k km, it’s close to botak Liao hence time to search for my next UHP to experience and try...does all UHP botak so fast? I would think it could last min. 30k km at least but haiz...

One of my fellow car club bro, much more experienced with cars commented, in terms of grip and response and sidewall hardness, other than BS S007A, can’t find any to fight liao...noise wise this bro also comment noisier than most as well. Can’t have best of all worlds...

For me, I just want to try out all types of UHP tyres in order to get a feel, what kind of UHP are really good, really responsive, really grippy...which should I go to for the 3 choices I highlighted (Yoko V105 vs Pirelli PZ New vs GY F1A5)...

Twincharged
20 minutes ago, jason0705 said:

Dilemma - Yoko V105 vs Pirelli PZ New vs GY F1A5

Current setup is BS S007A, 19” 235/40. 

My first ever attempt to go into UHP tyres and land me into getting BS S007A. I have no prior experience of comparing with other UHP Tyres but damm the grip and control on S007A is so so so x100 much better than just normal tyres. Be it dry or wet...the grip/response/bite on the road is top notch. Not even once until now that I experience any sort of aqua planning during heavy pouring. (Don’t wish to expose speed during wet, everyone need to drive safe). The sidewalls are famously known to be super hard/tough, indeed very true. The only complain I have is the lifespan. Already done close to 22k km, it’s close to botak Liao hence time to search for my next UHP to experience and try...does all UHP botak so fast? I would think it could last min. 30k km at least but haiz...

One of my fellow car club bro, much more experienced with cars commented, in terms of grip and response and sidewall hardness, other than BS S007A, can’t find any to fight liao...noise wise this bro also comment noisier than most as well. Can’t have best of all worlds...

For me, I just want to try out all types of UHP tyres in order to get a feel, what kind of UHP are really good, really responsive, really grippy...which should I go to for the 3 choices I highlighted (Yoko V105 vs Pirelli PZ New vs GY F1A5)...

Would strike Yokohama off the list. Never had a good experience with them. Always lousy wet grip. 

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, jason0705 said:

For me, I just want to try out all types of UHP tyres in order to get a feel, what kind of UHP are really 

which should I go to for the 3 choices I highlighted (Yoko V105 vs Pirelli PZ New vs GY F1A5)

u want really grippy really responsive 1, u go 1 level higher. 

try to source for

gy f1 supersport. michelin ps4s. this 2 model more available in sg

• Praise 1

Changed to GY F1A5 last week for my odyssey. Went to fit 235/45/18 up from stock of 215/55/17 (PS4)

Stock set was switch from my old Vezel.

Maybe due to bigger size but the grip is really good both wet and dry. 

• Praise 1

https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2020-AMS-18-Inch-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

The 2020 Auto Motor und Sport summer tyre test tested eleven 225/45 R18 ultra high performance tyres using a BMW 3 Series.

While the group overall was extremely close, the winning Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 and second placed Michelin Pilot Sport 4 were almost inseparable overall, with the Goodyear narrowly taking the overall win.

The third and fourth placed Continental PremiumContact 6 and Pirelli P Zero PZ4 also finished with nearly the same overall score. This should be reassuring for Pirelli, whose PZ4 P Zero has seemed to be rather inconsistent since launch.

It was another good result for fifth placed Maxxis, with the Victra Sport 5 having a great all round performance, and the updated Bridgestone Turanza T005 performing well, but struggling a little in the wet.

The seventh placed Nokian PowerProof scored well in the dry, but struggled a little in the wet, while the Falken FK510 had its worth test result in a while thanks to poor wet grip.

The final three tyres in test were all from the cheaper end of the market, with Nexen proving to have a good dry performance and the lowest price on test, while Toyo and Giti struggled a little more in the wet.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Rbthx0408 said:

anyone have these over 1 year?

How is it's wear & noise compared to PS4?

According to a few Friends,softer Sidewall,quieter than PS4...grip not so good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1