Blueray

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

1st Gear

quick review on my F1A5, had them for nearly 6mths and 3k km mileage. PI tyres, made in Germany IIRC

Previously on Michelin PS4, driving lexus is250, staggered setup (225/45/17 Front; 245/45/17 Rear)

What I Like:

• compared to PS4, the F1A5 is a little more fun to drive and more responsive, steering is sharper and car "felt" faster
  • tyres feel confident in both dry and wet condition, very little to no difference between these and PS4 for these condition. I did feel a slight pull to the side during one of the sections of PIE where there is a pool of water before a mild curve - hence aquaplaning resistance may be a little weaker.
  • Price (vs PS4)

What I Don't Like:

• ride is a little harsher, I feel the bumps and uneven of road more with F1A5; noise level is definitely more pronounce with F1A5 too. The PS4's road noise is also at a comparatively lower frequency than the F1A5 so even at lower noise sections, PS4 felt more comforting to ear
  • Car does not feel as planted as compared to when on PS4
  • looks

Overall

The F1A5 really puts up a strong challenge to the PS4 and there really is little difference between the 2.

For a more fun drive, go for the F1A5. For more comfortable and planted ride, go for the PS4.

To me what really sets them apart though is the pricing. I saved 30-40$ per tyre by changing to the F1A5 and that is really something significant in current times.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

I had the Assy3 on my GTI last time. Didn't really notice the tyre noise so much probably coz of the bassy exhaust note and DSG farts probably drowned out the tyre noise

But w the Assy5 on my A6, the tyre noise seems quite noticeable even w the good cabin sound insulation

So cannot really conclude if the Assy5 is noisier than the Assy3

Moral of story: Buy the CSC6

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, Soya said:

I had the Assy3 on my GTI last time. Didn't really notice the tyre noise so much probably coz of the bassy exhaust note and DSG farts probably drowned out the tyre noise

But w the Assy5 on my A6, the tyre noise seems quite noticeable even w the good cabin sound insulation

So cannot really conclude if the Assy5 is noisier than the Assy3

Moral of story: Buy the CSC6

no la, it mean the A6 is more quiet then the GTI😁

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

no la, it mean the A6 is more quiet then the GTI😁

That one for sure la 

One is angmo beng chia the other is angmo overpriced VW

But hor the CSC6 sibei good grip & quiet. Guess we get what we pay for so it's liddat

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1