Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

to me tire test results  use for only reference .

looking at some New car test results , if i remembered correctly Nissan(sorry) was ranked lowest in Safety feature department.

cprrect me if I am wrong .

Looking at the Car Sales in Sg and Worldwide , there are still many Running on the Road.

just MHO 

And Euro test results are often skewed and biased towards Euro brands.

Goodyear is an american brand and many Europeans hated Americans and their products 

Pricing of the tires certainly doesn't apply locally. Goodyear tires are typically alot cheaper than Michelins model for model. 

And the existing AS3 and Efficentgrip tire noise are below 70db, a fig that few European brands can even match.

↡ Advertisement

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2019-Auto-Bild-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

Tyre test results for sharing. Not sure how accurate the tests are but F1A5 still ranks below PS4

The price of the F1A5 could rank lower also.

I would still get the F1A5 even it’s not TOP ranking, because I valued wet braking which it’s rank it’s pretty high. Dry braking if you notice, it’s still decent and just 1m shy of PS4. And this type can last and cost is lower.

So far the F1A3 is good enough for me.. not that I don’t wanna buy PS4 but no profile 50 or 55 size. I can only use primacy4 or latitude range for Michelin. So next good choice other than the latitude tyres are eagle F1

And Euro test results are often skewed and biased towards Euro brands.

Goodyear is an american brand and many Europeans hated Americans and their products

Pricing of the tires certainly doesn't apply locally. Goodyear tires are typically alot cheaper than Michelins model for model.

And the existing AS3 and Efficentgrip tire noise are below 70db, a fig that few European brands can even match.

I don’t know how they decibel are tested but the current set of F1A3 with 69db at 20k mileage seems not much quieter than previous set of Michelin latitude sport3 at 71db when type mileage is 45k. In fact when I change out the 45k Michelin and was looking forward to a much quieter ride of F1A3 which is 2-3db quieter... immediately disappointed as only very very little quieter for a brand new type. So the Michelin wasn’t quiet but it wasn’t noisy and the fact is it didn’t get noisier when after 40k
  • Praise 2

The price of the F1A5 could rank lower also.

I would still get the F1A5 even it’s not TOP ranking, because I valued wet braking which it’s rank it’s pretty high. Dry braking if you notice, it’s still decent and just 1m shy of PS4. And this type can last and cost is lower.

So far the F1A3 is good enough for me.. not that I don’t wanna buy PS4 but no profile 50 or 55 size. I can only use primacy4 or latitude range for Michelin. So next good choice other than the latitude tyres are eagle F1

I don’t know how they decibel are tested but the current set of F1A3 with 69db at 20k mileage seems not much quieter than previous set of Michelin latitude sport3 at 71db when type mileage is 45k. In fact when I change out the 45k Michelin and was looking forward to a much quieter ride of F1A3 which is 2-3db quieter... immediately disappointed as only very very little quieter for a brand new type. So the Michelin wasn’t quiet but it wasn’t noisy and the fact is it didn’t get noisier when after 40k

Not sure about the F1A5, but somehow, I still like the F1 "first " edition. Seems more direct feel of the car.

AM on As3 now and while its as familiar as the As2, I somehow feel it does feel better in the wet. Not much difference in the dry.

Same car different tires, the PSS still feel more planted in the dry than GY

Not sure about the F1A5, but somehow, I still like the F1 "first " edition. Seems more direct feel of the car.

AM on As3 now and while its as familiar as the As2, I somehow feel it does feel better in the wet. Not much difference in the dry.

Same car different tires, the PSS still feel more planted in the dry than GYt

the first A1 is the directional arrow style cutting that 1 right??

i remember damn noisy [grin]

So is the A3 quieter than ps4? Am on primacy now and see the a3 is same db as primacy.

I think the F1A3 is quieter than PS4 but not primacy... although it’s 2-3db quieter than my previous Latitude sports 3... I feel it’s marginally quieter than the Michelin only.

For comfort quiet type stick to primacy 4. Primacy should be compared to the GY efficientgrip.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

I think the Michelin PS4 is still better. PS4 beats the conti premium6. Now it boils down to how much the GY A5 will cost. I would easily pay extra for the uplift in performance of PS4 vs GY A3, if the A5 will be same price as A3 then GY A5 is a winner.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Just got my tyres, previously on Turanza T001, miles ahead of it, comfort, noise and handling.

Which shop did you bought it from?

• Praise 1

Just got my tyres, previously on Turanza T001, miles ahead of it, comfort, noise and handling.

How much per PC?

Finally got rid of ur stock Tyre ah?

• Praise 1

(edited)

How much per PC?

Finally got rid of ur stock Tyre ah?

yeah! 155 per pc, like $5 more than standard F1A3?

btw you change your HU already?

Edited by seijiblack

Haiz not yet. Delivery cock up. Damn long.

And I'm overseas now till Friday.

Will check back again with the shop next week bae.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

arrow tyres was selling $120 for F1A3. when i got a quote 6mths back. for 225/45/17

Edited by Mkl22

225/40r18. What price? Anyone know?

Haiz not yet. Delivery cock up. Damn long.

And I'm overseas now till Friday.

Will check back again with the shop next week bae.

Go where jiak hong boss? ;)
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5